If Losman was healthy.....would he be playing?

Rudyc80

JPs health as a QB involves two things. His physical health in that he does not and should not play until he is physically ready (which seems to be 2 weeks away at best) and also mentally as he had flaws in his understanding of Pro offenses which all rookies have an additional problems with his mechanics (he sometimes throws off the wrong foot to assure his balance and freelances to make plays rather do it with consistency the same way virtually everytime.

These habits were reinforced in him in college because he played behind a bad OL and had to run for his life. However, in the oversystematized world of the Pros playing the same way he played in college is unlikely to be productive.

Perhaps his mental health has been actually aided by his enforced absence if he used the fact he had to devote no time to being ready to play and lead to instead devoting all his time to get a download in the pressbox from Wyche.

If Losman was physically and mentally ready to go I think he would easily be commanding time in practice and with a 1-5 record he would be knocking on the door to start and this tide would not be resisted,

As it stands he certainly is not physically ready right now and even if he was I doubt he would be much more than our disaster QB in terms of the mental aspects ofthe game.

JP wuld not be starting yet....however he would be by mid november!

84604[/snapback]

I think drew would have been pulled. Maybe he (losman) wouldn't be the starter, but after the way he's played in both Oakland and Baltimore I bet mularkey would have pulled him.

The difference between replacing Henry with McGahee is that Henry wasn't as blatantly terrible like Bledsoe has been in those games. McGahee also wasn't really ready until after a few weeks into the season, anway. He still had to get his football legs back after over a year off, so it's generally not a fair comparison.

I bet if Losman was healthy Drew would have been pulled at least in those bad games he's played. Maybe he wouldn't have been the starter from week to week, but Mularkey has clearly shown he's not afraid to bench players, which is completely opposite what Williams was like.

For example:

1. Shaw. Cut.

2. Adams. Benched.

3. Henry. Benched.

4. Wire. Benched.

5. Williams - benched in preseason.

So there's a nice trend of Mularkey not being afraid to make a move. Any suggestions otherwise are not based in reality.