Getting in the stadium

sistersarah

Hi,

I usually get to one or two games a year and I am in my seat plenty early but this last game I was with some friends in the field house and didn't get to the gate until ten minutes before kickoff. I couldn't believe how long the lines were, how it was one big pushing mass with to me seemed to be no organization or limited personnel to do the searches. Is this usually the case and I should have been in my seat sooner? I thought I read recently in the Buffalo News of this happening. I ended up missing half the first quarter but to me the line was not moving very fast and you have angry people pushing that I am afraid of some young fans getting hurt.

Who in the Bills organization should I aim my complaint?

Thanks!!

Hi,

I usually get to one or two games a year and I am in my seat plenty early but this last game I was with some friends in the field house and didn't get to the gate until ten minutes before kickoff. I couldn't believe how long the lines were, how it was one big pushing mass with to me seemed to be no organization or limited personnel to do the searches. Is this usually the case and I should have been in my seat sooner? I thought I read recently in the Buffalo News of this happening. I ended up missing half the first quarter but to me the line was not moving very fast and you have angry people pushing that I am afraid of some young fans getting hurt.

Thanks!!

no offense but, you have no one to blame but yourself...I've never gotten in later than a half hour before kickoff...when you have so many people waiting so long to go in, you're bound to have a huge cluster!@#$

I've been to games all over the place, and I supervise sercurity at Redskins games. What you described is unfortunately the norm everywhere. Although, I would say there isn't really a shortage of personnel doing the searches. They only spend about 10 seconds on each person. It is the stadiums' refusal to spend the money to create and maintain order in front of the gates that is to blame.

It's probably a lot less of this....

no offense but, you have no one to blame but yourself...I've never gotten in later than a half hour before kickoff...when you have so many people waiting so long to go in, you're bound to have a huge cluster!@#$

...and a lot more of this...

I've been to games all over the place, and I supervise sercurity at Redskins games. What you described is unfortunately the norm everywhere. Although, I would say there isn't really a shortage of personnel doing the searches. They only spend about 10 seconds on each person. It is the stadiums' refusal to spend the money to create and maintain order in front of the gates that is to blame.

what gate did you try going in? and what gate did your ticket say you should go in?

another big problem is that 90% of the tailgaters try to get into the 2 gates in front. regardless of where their seats are.

ive been going in the gates back by the field house side for 20+ years and have never waited in line longer than 5 minutes.

Hi,

Thanks!!

My girlfriend is one of the "event staff" people. She said the biggest problem is that there are so few females willing to d othe job so the female search lines get bogged down. Also as the previous poster mentioned, outside that gate they have no responsibility and it becomes complete chaos.

If you wait until 10 minutes before kickoff, it's a 100 percent certainty that you're not going to see the first few minutes of the game. That's why the Bills have been so outspoken about telling everyone to get to the gates at least half an hour beforehand -- e-mails, signs posted at the entrances to the stadium lots, etc.

Is it worse this year? Yeah, I think so, although I'm not exactly sure why. The checkpoints don't seem to be set up any differently. I will say this, though -- I've never seen lines like that at any road game I've been to, which should tell you something about the setup at RWS.