Just got back from Grant Park

:thumbdown:

Great atmosphere tonight here in Chicago. At the rally I stood next to a lot of African Americans, and I shared the train home with some too- there was an aura of calmness and relief to all of them. I know some people linked an Obama win to outright arrogance from minorities, but I didn't get that sense AT ALL.

There was a wonderful feeling of unity and togetherness tonight and whether or not you agree with Obama's policies, these are the emotions he conjures and that's why he's right for America, right now.

I thought McCain's speech was very gracious and I was extremely pleased to hear him hammer home this notion of American unity. When he got 'boo's' from the crowd he was quick to quiet them down, and I liked that. No more divisiveness PLEASE!

The entire event was shockingly well orchestrated and it certainly gave Daley a trump card for his upcoming Olympics campaign. Chicago definitely got it right tonight.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new president.

Was I the only one who noticed how much body armor Barack and Michelle were wearing?

Haha my friends and I thought that Michelle looked pregnant. Maybe it was body armor.

By the way, fireworks just started going up over Ithaca and I can still hear the whole town buzzing with celebration and it's past 2 in the morning! What a night!

Great atmosphere tonight here in Chicago. At the rally I stood next to a lot of African Americans, and I shared the train home with some too- there was an aura of calmness and relief to all of them.

Nice to see signs of hope from the progressive left. Imagine that, in 2008, standing next to and sharing a train ride with folk of a different color and nobody was segregated. Is this a great country, or what?

Nice to see signs of hope from the progressive left. Imagine that, in 2008, standing next to and sharing a train ride with folk of a different color and nobody was segregated. Is this a great country, or what?

Wait, I have a call from John Rocker. He begs to differ.

I am in a meeting with our European and Asian team members and everyone's talking about the excitement worldwide. I have never in my lifetime seen people across the US run into the streets and dance in celebration of an election. I don't know if it's a testimony to the man or the hope that an awful era in American history is drawing to a close.

To the guys from EMEA and AJP the world's excitement isn't so much Obama, it's getting back the America that used to stand out as a shining example. They've missed us.

'Basimane Bogopa, from Botswana, said: "Americans have shown once again, why they are world leaders. Obama's victory has shown me that the American dream is real, you just have to dream. My heart is filled with joy."'

I am in a meeting with our European and Asian team members and everyone's talking about the excitement worldwide. I have never in my lifetime seen people across the US run into the streets and dance in celebration of an election. I don't know if it's a testimony to the man or the hope that an awful era in American history is drawing to a close.

To the guys from EMEA and AJP the world's excitement isn't so much Obama, it's getting back the America that used to stand out as a shining example. They've missed us.

'Basimane Bogopa, from Botswana, said: "Americans have shown once again, why they are world leaders. Obama's victory has shown me that the American dream is real, you just have to dream. My heart is filled with joy."'

Oh my god! That's terrible! Head for the hills!!!

Then he asked for your bank account number and a small fee.