Ralph, Ralph, Ralph

Very interesting exchange between Nader and some Fox news reporter (Shep Smith, I think?) regarding this quote by Nader regarding Obama:

"To put it very simply, he is our first African American president; or he will be. And we wish him well. But his choice, basically, is whether he's going to be Uncle Sam for the people of this country, or Uncle Tom for the giant corporations."

I'll say this about Nader...the guy sticks to his guns, image be damned. When Smith asked finally if he wished he had chosen a different phrase, a very terse "Not. At. All." was the response. I don't believe he intended it as a racial term, but more as implying Obama may become a general sellout to big money. Still, curious choice there Ralphie... :thumbdown:

EDIT: I just googled it...it was Shep Smith. Tonight's coverage was the first I've seen of the guy...seems like a real douche to me. He didn't like Nader's explanation of his quote so he insulted his decision to run. Ralph told him he didn't like "bullies" like him and he could go ahead and end the transmission.

Very interesting exchange between Nader and some Fox news reporter (Shep Smith, I think?) regarding this quote by Nader regarding Obama:

"To put it very simply, he is our first African American president; or he will be. And we wish him well. But his choice, basically, is whether he's going to be Uncle Sam for the people of this country, or Uncle Tom for the giant corporations."

I'll say this about Nader...the guy sticks to his guns, image be damned. When Smith asked finally if he wished he had chosen a different phrase, a very terse "Not. At. All." was the response. I don't believe he intended it as a racial term, but more as implying Obama may become a general sellout to big money. Still, curious choice there Ralphie... :thumbdown:

EDIT: I just googled it...it was Shep Smith. Tonight's coverage was the first I've seen of the guy...seems like a real douche to me. He didn't like Nader's explanation of his quote so he insulted his decision to run. Ralph told him he didn't like "bullies" like him and he could go ahead and end the transmission.

I saw it and I think Ralph has a right to say what he wants. And he wouldn't take it back when given the chance.

It's a free country.