Great speech by McCain

SDS.....she is only one step away though?

And frankly THAT is what scared me. As a veteran McCain was still a consideration even though I liked Obama better because I share that comadre with him......

But Palin should never be the leader of this country....never

I don't believe in voting against someone I support because they might die.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little trivia:

Rahm Emanuel's brother is Ari Emanuel. He is an agent. "Ari" in Entourage is based on him. To put it mildly, both brothers have "strong" personalities.

As for Sarah Palin, I thought that a lot of the criticism of her was way over the top. Although I think that she has an engaging personality, I think that she fails the readiness test. She reportedly was not on the top of McCain's list but was picked to placate one faction of the "base." In fact, McCain was warned that if he picked someone like Ridge, Bloomberg, or Lieberman, there would be a riot at the convention.

As I have said before, I really hope that the Republican party gets back to its paleoconservative and libertarian roots. In the meantime, I hope that Obama governs at the center. If he does that, he has an opportunity to be a successful president.

My heart broke for John McCain last night. True blue American hero. One of the few "good" guys in Washington. You could tell the loss hurt him deeply.

47 million was a very good number considering the forces he was up against...Bush's low approval, Obama mass-hysteria, collapse of the economy, a 4 to 1 disadvantage in campaign funds and the shameful biased behavior of the main stream media.

We still love you John! :oops:

My heart broke for John McCain last night. True blue American hero. One of the few "good" guys in Washington. You could tell the loss hurt him deeply.

47 million was a very good number considering the forces he was up against...Bush's low approval, Obama mass-hysteria, collapse of the economy, a 4 to 1 disadvantage in campaign funds and the shameful biased behavior of the main stream media.

We still love you John! :oops:

I agree. McCain is a class act and he showed it last night. Unfortunately, he did not win the nomination in 2000. I am convinced the world and this country would be in much better shape if he had.

As a Repbublican, I believe that W has been a disaster - both to the country and the Republican party. McCain did very well considering that W was such an albatross to both McCain and every other Republican running.

Obama owes much of his victory to George W. Bush. W (and the Republican party) had a great opportunity to institute much of the paleoconservative and libertarian agenda. Both he and they squandered that opportunity.

I agree. McCain is a class act and he showed it last night. Unfortunately, he did not win the nomination in 2000. I am convinced the world and this country would be in much better shape if he had.

As a Repbublican, I believe that W has been a disaster - both to the country and the Republican party. McCain did very well considering that W was such an albatross to both McCain and every other Republican running.

Obama owes much of his victory to George W. Bush. W (and the Republican party) had a great opportunity to institute much of the paleoconservative and libertarian agenda. Both he and they squandered that opportunity.

I was a democrat until the party was hijacked by the far left loonies these past few years like Howard Dean, Pelosi, Reid, Obama. I'm very much a moderate person and John McCain was the clear choice for someone like me.

Bush was a disaster in many areas but the one thing he did do right is keep this country safe from attacks since 911. With McCain we would have had both security and a man who cares and is willing to fight and work hard for what he believes in. Bush always struck me as someone who didn't want to do the hard work.

What's amazing and inspiring is the energy John McCain put forth for a man of any age let alone someone in their 70's. Here's to the hope that Obama puts that kind of effort into his new job.

SDS.....she is only one step away though?

And frankly THAT is what scared me. As a veteran McCain was still a consideration even though I liked Obama better because I share that comadre with him......

But Palin should never be the leader of this country....never

Did you hear the way she was talking to "Sarkozy"? She was talking to a head of state like he was a damn third grader!

Did you hear the way she was talking to "Sarkozy"? She was talking to a head of state like he was a damn third grader!

Which is two grades higher than you!

:oops:

BTW, Obama's thin skin would have never survived the slings and arrows that Sara Palin received.

Cindy was so stiff and cold - she must have been so pissed to not make 1st Lady.

Did anyone notice how John barely mentioned her in his speech and when he finished, he tried to kiss her and she turned her face and offered a cheek. Then they walked off the stage without touching.

What kind of a wife wouldn't show some warmth and support to a guy who just lost the presidential election?

BTW, Obama's thin skin would have never survived the slings and arrows that Sara Palin received.

Obama would never, ever been put into a position where he had dodge those kind of slings and arrows. He's way too smart and informed on so many issues for that to happen. And one of the reasons he was elected is that he's so unflappable and calm and measured in his responses.

Plus he buys his own clothes...

As for Sarah Palin, I thought that a lot of the criticism of her was way over the top. Although I think that she has an engaging personality, I think that she fails the readiness test. She reportedly was not on the top of McCain's list but was picked to placate one faction of the "base." In fact, McCain was warned that if he picked someone like Ridge, Bloomberg, or Lieberman, there would be a riot at the convention.

I agree with this 100%. Even some of the threads started on this board and OTW in the past 24 hours are ridiculous. Is she ready to be President, no. But even though I disagree with her on numerous issues and think she is far from ready to even think about the Presidency, she does have an "engaging personality" and could be a national figure for years to come. Would I support her in 2012...no, too many conflicts on issues and the readiness test. Would I like her to fade away, no.

As I have said before, I really hope that the Republican party gets back to its paleoconservative and libertarian roots. In the meantime, I hope that Obama governs at the center. If he does that, he has an opportunity to be a successful president.

I really hope you are right.