• Charles Baldwin - Independent Party
    • Robert Barr - Libertarian Party
    • John McCain - Republican Party
    • Cynthia McKinney - Green Party
    • Ralph Nader - Natural Law Party
    • Barack Obama - Democratic Party
    • Other

Guest dog14787
So you're saying that nobody voted for him just because he's black? :unsure: AFN plays the Tom Joyner show here at night and I was coming home from the gym listening and heard with my own ears them sitting there and saying, over the radio, that if you are black you have to vote Obama. A black caller said he was voting McCain and he was slaughtered by the program. So go ahead and live in your little fantasy world. :oops:

I'm saying he didn't win just because blacks went out and voted and the comment sounds racist to me, what, because someones young and black they make poor, uneducated decisions is that what your trying to say?

I'm not the one living in a fanatasy world, you are and I'm sure for every black person that voted for Obama because Obama's black, theres a white person that voted against Barack Obama for the same reason :beer:

I'm saying he didn't win just because blacks went out and voted and the comment sounds racist to me, what, because someones young and black they make poor, uneducated decisions is that what your trying to say?

I'm not the one living in a fanatasy world, you are and I'm sure for every black person that voted for Obama because Obama's black, theres a white person that voted against Barack Obama for the same reason :unsure:

It can sound racist to you all you want. I'm not saying it in a racist context. I'm just stating facts. You can't even imagine how many people I've heard say they were voting for him just because he's black. I would ask them if they had any idea what his policies were and they said it didn't matter. They were black, he's black so he gets their vote. I sincerely hope he rights the ship for this country. I hope he becomes one of the best presidents we have ever had because we need some work right now. Only time will tell.

Race my ass. The guy ran a pretty much flawless campaign, and his opponent didn't. McCain embarassed himself with his selection of Palin and his reaction to the economic crisis. If one of the two of them has to answer the phone at 3 am I think I'll bet on the guy who ran the better campaign and reacted rationally and deliberately during the economic crisis.

Guest dog14787
It can sound racist to you all you want. I'm not saying it in a racist context. I'm just stating facts. You can't even imagine how many people I've heard say they were voting for him just because he's black. I would ask them if they had any idea what his policies were and they said it didn't matter. They were black, he's black so he gets their vote. I sincerely hope he rights the ship for this country. I hope he becomes one of the best presidents we have ever had because we need some work right now. Only time will tell.

How would you feel as a person or as a people if I told you the only reason you voted for John Mccain is because he's white?

Contrary to what you believe, folks voted for Barack Obama because he ran a better campaign and folks want a change.

Barack Obama will change the way our nation is viewed around the world and it will be for the better, Barack Obama will also change the way our fellow countrymen look at one another so our country can finally heal.

All men are created equal, its what we stand for, its what Barack Obama stands for,

America, land of the free.

How would you feel as a person or as a people if I told you the only reason you voted for John Mccain is because he's white?

Contrary to what you believe, folks voted for Barack Obama because he ran a better campaign and folks want a change.

Barack Obama will change the way our nation is viewed around the world and it will be for the better, Barack Obama will also change the way our fellow countrymen look at one another so our country can finally heal.

All men are created equal, its what we stand for, its what Barack Obama stands for,

America, land of the free.

All I can say is that I hope you're right. It's easy to talk a good game but much different to execute it. Just as DJ. :thumbsup: Oh, and for the record, a large part of why I voted McCain is because I'm active military. Now that the Dems are in control of everything I'll be retired before I see another pay raise. :thumbsup: Anyway, I hope and pray that BO can deliver all that he's promised. If he can then America will be a much better place becuase of it.

Guest dog14787
All I can say is that I hope you're right. It's easy to talk a good game but much different to execute it. Just as DJ. :thumbsup: Oh, and for the record, a large part of why I voted McCain is because I'm active military. Now that the Dems are in control of everything I'll be retired before I see another pay raise. :thumbsup: Anyway, I hope and pray that BO can deliver all that he's promised. If he can then America will be a much better place becuase of it.

I understand and respect your position. Barack Obama from a military standpoint is a like a baby seal swimming around in shark infested waters, I share your concern.

Obama is a gentle man, a man who dreams of world peace, but we all know thats probably not possible, at least any time soon. There are folks out there that hate what we stand for and are beyond reason, thats why there will always be a place for the real heroes like you, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping our great nation safe.

Anyone else notice how much this poll changed after Obama was elected? It was fairly close for the longest time...then BOOM, Barack went to over 50%.

Hmmmmmm

Well I put my Obama Slamma vote in, on tuesday. But then again, maybe outside of PPP, the rest of the board could be relatively liberal. Also, he did get over 50% of the vote.

That said, I am surprised that Bob Barr got as much as he did.

Guest dog14787
Anyone else notice how much this poll changed after Obama was elected? It was fairly close for the longest time...then BOOM, Barack went to over 50%.

Hmmmmmm

I talked to allot of folks who refused to voice who they voted for until Barack Obama was elected like it was some deep dark secret nobody wanted to admit to until they seen it was O.K. because everyone was doing it.

We just witnessed a special day in history for our country, awesome stuff, :thumbsup:

Well I put my Obama Slamma vote in, on tuesday. But then again, maybe outside of PPP, the rest of the board could be relatively liberal. Also, he did get over 50% of the vote.

That said, I am surprised that Bob Barr got as much as he did.

Well, the ballot here was a little confusing. I want a recount!

My point is absolutely regardless of politics. Personally I think a (predominantly) two party system based on personal popularity is not the best way to pick the best person for the job......it is however besides the point.

I agree. But, there is merit to the 2 party system. Somebody will get over 50% (not always) of the vote. It is about a mandate as much as many don't like it... There is soemthing to say about getting a mandate. It is about listening to the majority even if we don't like it... Order can be found in that.

Say there were 4 people that all receieved varying electoral votes (just like in the early days)... What happens when one or two of the losers throws them to the second place finisher?

We had big problems with this during the first half of our history...

You get nobody listening to anybody and the idignence will fester.

Just my 2 cents and another side of the argument and history.

I talked to allot of folks who refused to voice who they voted for until Barack Obama was elected like it was some deep dark secret nobody wanted to admit to until they seen it was O.K. because everyone was doing it.

We just witnessed a special day in history for our country, awesome stuff, :thumbsup:

Me too!

Reverse "Bradley Effect"... ??

So you're saying that nobody voted for him just because he's black? :thumbsup: AFN plays the Tom Joyner show here at night and I was coming home from the gym listening and heard with my own ears them sitting there and saying, over the radio, that if you are black you have to vote Obama. A black caller said he was voting McCain and he was slaughtered by the program. So go ahead and live in your little fantasy world. :wallbash:

True... You make a good point.

My neighbor (white) makes no bones about voting for McCain... She makes no bones about voting for JFK in 1960 because he was white, Irish (her heritage), AND CATHOLIC.

Race my ass. The guy ran a pretty much flawless campaign, and his opponent didn't. McCain embarassed himself with his selection of Palin and his reaction to the economic crisis. If one of the two of them has to answer the phone at 3 am I think I'll bet on the guy who ran the better campaign and reacted rationally and deliberately during the economic crisis.

That too!

:thumbsup::wallbash: