Just bought a Dodge Avenger

buckeyemike

So, I finally traded in my '01 Taurus. I bought one of the last remaining 2008 Dodge Avengers in this area.

I love the design of the car, and for a 4-cylinder, it certainly has a lot of horses under the hood. The Avenger I bought also has a MyGig system, which includes a built-in Sirius Radio and a DVD player (you can only play DVDs when the car is not moving).

I got a good deal, too. This is the time to buy. Can't complain about that. :thumbsup:

So, I finally traded in my '01 Taurus. I bought one of the last remaining 2008 Dodge Avengers in this area.

I love the design of the car, and for a 4-cylinder, it certainly has a lot of horses under the hood. The Avenger I bought also has a MyGig system, which includes a built-in Sirius Radio and a DVD player (you can only play DVDs when the car is not moving).

I got a good deal, too. This is the time to buy. Can't complain about that. :thumbsup:

Plenty of bargains out there, these days.

If this is a long-term keeper, consider an extended warranty. For under 2 grand, you can get the top, bumper-to bumper warranty for 7 years/100k or the like. There are multitudes of plans.

The top level warranties cover everything except the usual wear items, so anything that goes wrong - little or no repair cost.

I'm talking about factory warranties, not those 3rd party ones. If you're interested, decide on the coverage and hit the internet. Dealers all over the nation compete on price for these things...you don't have to purchase from your dealer. But odds are they'll match whatever low price you come up with.

Obama good have gotten you a better deal, you should have waited. Just ask Peggy!! :(

If this is a long-term keeper, consider an extended warranty. For under 2 grand, you can get the top, bumper-to bumper warranty for 7 years/100k or the like. There are multitudes of plans.

The question is whether Dodge will be around in 7 years.

My '96 Avenger ES was a nice performing vehicle but VERY cheaply made.

That car was manufactured by Mitsubishi at their Diamond Star works in Illinois. Mits subsequently got in deep doo-doo with the Japanese government for a long track record of lying about safety issues, shady supplier deals, kick-backs and the like.

Now there's a surprise, a Benz driver not paying attention to the road.

That lady never hit the brakes when she hit us at a dead stop. She was doing 50 mph. Then she had the nerve to get pissy with us when we went to ask her if she was ok.

That lady never hit the brakes when she hit us at a dead stop. She was doing 50 mph. Then she had the nerve to get pissy with us when we went to ask her if she was ok.

Will you please stop reaffirming the stereotype...