Lawn Signs, Bumper Stickers and Pins Have They Worked On You?

Campaign Strategies That Work  

21 members have voted

1. 1. These things have influenced my vote...

• Yard signs
    • Bumper stickers
    • Pins
    • Negative ads
    • Positive ads
    • Newspaper endorsements
    • Newspaper articles
    • Whatever party the candidate represents
    • Looking into which candidate most agrees with me.
  2. 2. I believe that negative ads...

• Have no influence on elections
    • Have a major influence on elections
    • Have a moderate influence on elections

IMO, if a yard sign, pin or bumper sticker influenced your vote then you're an idiot.

The one thing that is known is that negative ads work. Anyone who tells a campaign manager that negative ads don't work will be laughed at. I think your an idiot if you believe any of them before doing your own research, but IMO they work really well. Go negative, go negative early.

Orchard Park has a "gentlemans" ban on political signs in yards. Local candidates are asked not to plaster the damn things all over, and I love it. Nothing is worse than a street lined with political signs that will have almost no influence on anyone.

IMO, if a yard sign, pin or bumper sticker influenced your vote then you're an idiot.

The one thing that is known is that negative ads work. Anyone who tells a campaign manager that negative ads don't work will be laughed at. I think your an idiot if you believe any of them before doing your own research, but IMO they work really well. Go negative, go negative early.

Except that the rule of marketing 101 is that on average you need six or seven positive contacts to make a sale. A yard sign is a positive reinforcement and shows of strength and legitimacy.

Except that the rule of marketing 101 is that on average you need six or seven positive contacts to make a sale. A yard sign is a positive reinforcement and shows of strength and legitimacy.

I understand your point but speaking for myself they are things that actually affect me negatively. I hate seeing them. Like negative ads it may have an effect that most people won't admit to or are even aware of.

I understand your point but speaking for myself they are things that actually affect me negatively. I hate seeing them. Like negative ads it may have an effect that most people won't admit to or are even aware of.

Agreed, I hate them too, but they tend to be a necessary evil from a campaign standpoint. Most campaign folks hate them too. A pain to put up, keep up and take to folks houses who want them and carp if they don't get one.

P.S. Neither my wife nor I have one in our yard this year.

Agreed, I hate them too, but they tend to be a necessary evil from a campaign standpoint. Most campaign folks hate them too. A pain to put up, keep up and take to folks houses who want them and carp if they don't get one.

P.S. Neither my wife nor I have one in our yard this year.

I've never had one.

I remember when pols used to hand out useful stuff - rulers, pens and pencils, yardsticks, matches, pot holders and the like.

Now its bumper stickers, which I never used (and certainly not on today's painted bumper covers if I were so inclined).

And those cheesy plastic film signs over wire - can't even salvage a piece of cardbord and a decent wooden stake.