I am not voting for McCain, but I have to respect him

Adam

I have thought Senator McCain is a man worthy of respect, although I will not be voting for him. Despite the negativity in the campaigns, you can see there is mutual respect between the two candidates- whether you like John McCain or not, make sure you take note at the end of the latest advertisement- a horrible ad, which all but calls Obama a terrorist- a ridiculous assertion, as he would have been removed from office quickly if there were any truth.

At the end of the ad, there is no approval message from McCain- a little thing that means a lot. I don't think he will win the election, but I hope he continues to serve our country well.

I have thought Senator McCain is a man worthy of respect, although I will not be voting for him. Despite the negativity in the campaigns, you can see there is mutual respect between the two candidates- whether you like John McCain or not, make sure you take note at the end of the latest advertisement- a horrible ad, which all but calls Obama a terrorist- a ridiculous assertion, as he would have been removed from office quickly if there were any truth.

At the end of the ad, there is no approval message from McCain- a little thing that means a lot. I don't think he will win the election, but I hope he continues to serve our country well.

I'm not entirely sure we're thinking about the same ad...but I'm pretty sure the one your talking about was not endorsed by McCain. It was done by the Pennsylvania GOP. I agree with the ad, but to knock McCain for something he didn't do is wrong.

I'm not entirely sure we're thinking about the same ad...but I'm pretty sure the one your talking about was not endorsed by McCain. It was done by the Pennsylvania GOP. I agree with the ad, but to knock McCain for something he didn't do is wrong.

What does the ad say? Or, if possible, a link...

I think there is a lot to like about both guys- and I think the terrorist allegations to Obama are way out of line. I actually was praising McCain for not voicing approval of that ad. I think the party had too much control over the campaign and I am sure that McCain is disgusted with it- he doesn't strike me as a negative person.

Presidential politics have always been nasty. This election doesn't rank highly on the scale of most of them. It's been harsh on Obama with the terrorist talk but you have to separate the campaigns from the candidates a little.

McCain and Obama are both very honorable men. McCain defended Obama when people at his rallies would call Obama a terrorist and Obama spoke of his respect for McCain. After this election they will remain friends.

The two men differ in policies but both are decent men. If you can't see these are both honorable men then your partisan head is lodged up your partisan ass.

The two men differ in policies but both are decent men. If you can't see these are both honorable men then your partisan head is lodged up your partisan ass.

What has Obama done to indicate that he's honorable? Has he served his country in the military? Has he served anything other than his blind ambition?

And McCain? Please. The man is a cartoon. There's a reason he lost in attempting to claim the GOP crown previously.

What has Obama done to indicate that he's honorable? Has he served his country in the military? Has he served anything other than his blind ambition?

And McCain? Please. The man is a cartoon. There's a reason he lost in attempting to claim the GOP crown previously.

Did you mean to infer that if you do not serve in the military you're not honorable? Isn't it possible to do other things to be "honorable?"

Like serving your community for little pay while you could have easily made millions as a lawyer? Just asking.

Provide a link. I find it hard to buy into YOUR assertions proclaiming it being a "horrible ad, which all but calls Obama a terrorist". :thumbsup:

What, are we supposed to trust you and your unbiased assertions? :(

The thing I respect the most about Obama is that he thumbed his nose at the black-power movement that has bogged down black politicians for years (the Jesse Jacksons of the world)--and still is getting the support of blacks.

That alone may turn the tide for black leadership away from the sham black leaders to real ones.

The thing I respect the most about Obama is that he thumbed his nose at the black-power movement that has bogged down black politicians for years (the Jesse Jacksons of the world)--and still is getting the support of blacks.

That alone may turn the tide for black leadership away from the sham black leaders to real ones.

Time will tell. We'll see who he appoints to political positions.

couldnt agree more. I think he will have to govern from the center if elected.

Please re-read my post paying attention to the last sentence in particular.

couldnt agree more. I think he will have to govern from the center if elected.

There is no center. Just liberal and ultra conservative.

There was a really good Frontline episode shown in the last couple weeks. I saw it last night. It went through both McCain's and Obama's rise to power.

When Obama was elected the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, he won it because the conservatives, which were the minority, voted for him at the last minute because they thought he was the only one that would be fair to them. The black editors were ecstatic when Obama won, and then right after were pissed at him for NOT favoring them. In fact, he hardly picked any of them for the good jobs. And the most far left leaning students ultimately were the least happy with him during his tenure.

Even though I'm a dem, I loved the John McCain who ran in 2000. If he was our president at the time of 9/11, Osama Bin Laden would have been caught and we wouldn't be bankrupting the country in Iraq. I firmly believe that.

But John McCain had to make a deal with the devil (read: RNC) in order to be chosen as nominee. He had to compromise most of the things he believes, like his aversion to negative campaigning. I still don't think most of those lying Obama ads were his call, but he went along with his handlers. I also do not believe he would have chosen a running mate as blatantly unqualified as Sarah Pailn if he wasn't forced to.

Despite the campaign, I agree that McCain is a decent man and that he and Obama do respect each other. The problem with a McCain presidency is how much his handlers, the same folks who pull Bush's strings, would still be in charge.

PTR

The country would be better off today if he had won in 2000

You are right . It would be. Bush is not a Republican he is a globalist He failed to win a war which he could have done easily and whats which his un bridled spending thats not a true Republican. Everyone says he is stupid he is not , he has a golbalist agenda.

All this fighting among the citizens is a joke , the politicians love it. I would love a military coup in this country and them turn it back over to an entirely different set of politicians.

You are right . It would be. Bush is not a Republican he is a globalist He failed to win a war which he could have done easily and whats which his un bridled spending thats not a true Republican. Everyone says he is stupid he is not , he has a golbalist agenda.

All this fighting among the citizens is a joke , the politicians love it. I would love a military coup in this country and them turn it back over to an entirely different set of politicians.

That's a scary sentiment. How can you say you love America when you believe that? Sounds like you would have been happier in Mussolini's Italy or Pinochet's Chile. Maybe you could have led a death squad?

PTR

You give Bush too much credit. He's not a globalist, the people who he listened to for advice are globalists who thought they could advance their agenda with the point of a gun. Bush never had the intellectual curiousity about foreign affairs to learn and have the insight to reject the bad advice he followed.

Provide a link. I find it hard to buy into YOUR assertions proclaiming it being a "horrible ad, which all but calls Obama a terrorist". :thumbsup:

What, are we supposed to trust you and your unbiased assertions? :unsure:

You make a good point- I saw it on TV- I have no link to post...maybe there is one, but that would mean I am technologically impaired :lol: