Obama's Grandmother passes away today

Truly sad story, today of all days. RIP.

EDIT: Statement from the family.

Statement from Barack Obama and Maya Soetoro-Ng on the death of their grandmother, Madelyn Dunham:

"It is with great sadness that we announce that our grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, has died peacefully after a battle with cancer. She was the cornerstone of our family, and a woman of extraordinary accomplishment, strength, and humility. She was the person who encouraged and allowed us to take chances. She was proud of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren and left this world with the knowledge that her impact on all of us was meaningful and enduring. Our debt to her is beyond measure.

"Our family wants to thank all of those who sent flowers, cards, well-wishes, and prayers during this difficult time. It brought our grandmother and us great comfort. Our grandmother was a private woman, and we will respect her wish for a small private ceremony to be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, we ask that you make a donation to any worthy organization in search of a cure for cancer."

http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/arc...grandmot_1.html

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, dick. We werent.

Sad that she wont live to see this, win or lose. RIP.

You sure about that?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/sit...5106.guest.html

Now, if he's already won the presidency, why hasn't he already gone to Hawaii? Why is he not already there? What's he waiting for? "If she's deathly ill," I'm pretending to be a reporter here. You know they'd ask McCain these questions. "If Obama's grandmother is deathly ill, why has this been announced days ago and he's only going now," or tomorrow, or whenever it is. Now, I understand, folks, Snerdley's got his head buried in his hands. I understand this, my friends, anything said about Obama is going to be turned into an unfair racist attack on the man. Am I not asking obvious questions? Who announces days in advance they're rushing to the side of a loved one who is deathly ill but keeps campaigning in a race that's said to be over, only to go to the loved one's side days later? See, I think this is about something else. You know what's really percolating out there? I've been laying low on this because it hasn't met the threshold to pass the smell test on this program.

This birth certificate business, this lawsuit that a guy named Philip Berg filed in Philadelphia in August for Obama to produce his genuine birth certificate and he still hasn't replied. You've got a deathly ill grandmother, you are going to rush to her side a few days from now, when you first announced this, you're going to rush, you're going to hurry, you're going to make tracks, you're going to get over there because you don't want your grandmother to die before you got there like your mother did, but somehow you keep campaigning, you take three days to get over there, if he's left yet, and this birth certificate business, I'm just wondering if something's up. I have no clue, and folks, I'm telling you, this has not reached the threshold until now, and it's popping up all over the place. There are a lot of people now that are starting to speculate and be curious about this.

I don't know, let's say for example that somebody does come up with proof that something's screwy with his birth certificate and something's screwy about the fact that he's allegedly a natural citizen, American citizen, but may not be, dual citizenship, born in Kenya, who knows, there's all kinds of stuff out -- so what? What's going to happen this late in the campaign? Do you think if it's proven that they're going to dump him? That's not going to happen. But still, these are just questions that I have. And, look, both of my parents have died. When I was told the end was near, bam, I got there, fast as I could. I didn't announce to the audience, "I just got word my father is said to be passing away and in four or five days I'm going to go to Missouri. In the meantime, I will not leave you here on this radio program." These are just natural questions. I think any inquisitive reporter -- I know the risk I'm running here by raising all this. But I wouldn't be me if I didn't do that.

Weren't all the wingnuts claiming this was just an excuse for Obama to go to Hawaii and alter his birth certificate?

I'm sure there are people out there who believe they deliberately killed his grandmother today to garner sympathy the day before the election. :wallbash:

It's sad. I wonder what he's going to do. My guess is stay here for election night and then go to Hawaii in time for her funeral later in the week.

I'm sure there are people out there who believe they deliberately killed his grandmother today to garner sympathy the day before the election. :wallbash:

According to the media she was gravely ill and then it was reported that she fell and broke her hip and why did it take him three days to see her? And why didnt his wife go with him and take the kids ? Strange , but then again he is a strange hidden person.

According to the media she was gravely ill and then it was reported that she fell and broke her hip and why did it take him three days to see her? And why didnt his wife go with him and take the kids ? Strange , but then again he is a strange hidden person.

He was probably told she wasn't in any peril immediately and so he waited those three days to go. He may have been told by her to keep campaigning. You have no idea what went on behind the scenes with this and it's really sick to put partisan politics into the situation.

He was probably told she wasn't in any peril immediately and so he waited those three days to go. He may have been told by her to keep campaigning. You have no idea what went on behind the scenes with this and it's really sick to put partisan politics into the situation.

No politics on this one its just strange his wife and kids didnt go.Its possible she told him to take his time. But he should have taken his wife and kids

Rochester is awesome , what is awesome about it ? The muder rate. Rochester I know. :wallbash:

If Obama had dropped everything to see he grandmother IMMEDIATELY and then had she had the AUDACITY NOT TO DIE within 24 hours you freaking wingnuts would be doggin him about grandstanding (like McCain canceling his campaign).

I am sorry for him and his family but glad that she is no longer suffering. Cancer is a terrible way to die and she probably hung on as long as she could.

Wingnuts console yourselves with your putrid, hateful and intolerant views no-one would ever thing twice about coming to your deathbed.

If Obama had dropped everything to see he grandmother IMMEDIATELY and then had she had the AUDACITY NOT TO DIE within 24 hours you freaking wingnuts would be doggin him about grandstanding (like McCain canceling his campaign).

I am sorry for him and his family but glad that she is no longer suffering. Cancer is a terrible way to die and she probably hung on as long as she could.

Wingnuts console yourselves with your putrid, hateful and intolerant views no-one would ever thing twice about coming to your deathbed.

You have some serious issues. YOUR hatred for anyone who doesn't think like you is obvious.

Are there any Democrats out there who don't agree with this vile out there? Stand up and prove to the world that crap like this is unacceptable!

I wish the Obama family well in this time of sadness. RIP.