Atomic clocks

So I have 2 atomic clocks. Last sunday one of them was set back and the other was reset this weekend as it was supposed to. Now I find the other one was also set back one hour. Why is it that an atomic clock doesn't adjust properly to DST/ST?? Its a freaking radio signal how can some clocks get it and why cant the system sending the signal deal with the new rule about standard time?

So I have 2 atomic clocks. Last sunday one of them was set back and the other was reset this weekend as it was supposed to. Now I find the other one was also set back one hour. Why is it that an atomic clock doesn't adjust properly to DST/ST?? Its a freaking radio signal how can some clocks get it and why cant the system sending the signal deal with the new rule about standard time?

we have a whole bunch of those in the labs here...they reset themselves sometime early this afternoon....it's magic!

I believe that the radio signal is simply GMT. The device itself sets the DST for you, and since the DST chagned, you probably had old software in the device that didn't know about the change.

I believe that the radio signal is simply GMT. The device itself sets the DST for you, and since the DST chagned, you probably had old software in the device that didn't know about the change.

I really doubt much software the one clock was bought at target for 9$ and the other at a garden center. Each year the target one eventually gets in sync but the other one seems to do it faster like within a day or two. I dont understand why the resynch doesnt occur during the switch since there is a switch setting on each for Eastern time.

I had the same problem with my cell phone

i checked it during the game at 2:09pm Sunday afternoon

the cell phone was displaying 3:09

checked the settings and it said DST

I turned the cell phone off then turned it

back on and it was fine after that

shrug