OK, I Need To Know This

This applies to the Bills AND the Sabres. I would have thought that key losses would have frustrated me much more when I was younger. For some reason, it seems like the passion that I have for these teams has been getting worse and worse over the past few years. After the loss yesterday, I just could not get out of the funk for the life of me.

It usually takes a day or two to get the negativity out and then back in the saddle. PLEASE tell me I will not be doing this into my 60s and 70s!!! I really am serious on this post - these teams should not be upsetting MORE as I get older....

This applies to the Bills AND the Sabres. I would have thought that key losses would have frustrated me much more when I was younger. For some reason, it seems like the passion that I have for these teams has been getting worse and worse over the past few years. After the loss yesterday, I just could not get out of the funk for the life of me.

It usually takes a day or two to get the negativity out and then back in the saddle. PLEASE tell me I will not be doing this into my 60s and 70s!!! I really am serious on this post - these teams should not be upsetting MORE as I get older....

HAHAHAHA get used to it. :rolleyes:B-):wallbash: :

PLEASE tell me I will not be doing this into my 60s and 70s!!! I really am serious on this post - these teams should not be upsetting MORE as I get older....

I'd like to help you out BB, but.. my Dad is 75 and called to B word after the game yesterday -how it ruined a great day at the sports bar they were at in Florida. I'm 53 and I was in bed at 7:30 last night, not wanting to do a GD thing.. (it didn't help that it was pitch black outside..)

No, my brother Bills fan, it not only doesn't get easier, it hurts worse.

Best wishes!!

I'm 53. Good luck with that.

I'd like to help you out BB, but.. my Dad is 75 and called to B word after the game yesterday -how it ruined a great day at the sports bar they were at in Florida. I'm 53 and I was in bed at 7:30 last night, not wanting to do a GD thing.. (it didn't help that it was pitch black outside..)

No, my brother Bills fan, it not only doesn't get easier, it hurts worse.

Best wishes!!

I did not even watch one play in the patriots game and I can honestly say I would not have missed a play had the Bills won....the pain..the pain..... I guess it is just equivalent to the 24 hour flu that you get about every other week for a few months

I can't answer for 60's & 70's (anything beyond that point can only be answered by cincy), but you'll hate your 50's.

It is a challenge, especially when you love a team as much as we do. I think the future looks good for the Bills. We have a very good quarterback, running back and wide reciever.

indeed...the older I get the easier it is to let it go...maybe it's dementia.

I feel this way a lot of times, but that's usually when the Bills/Sabres aren't having a good season and the loss doesn't deflate me as much.

It took me about 2 days to get over the Miami debacle and it'll probably be the same for this one. These are more deflating to me this year because of the 5-1 start and the buzz about this team.....and it feels like a lifetime since we sniffed the playoffs.

Nevertheless, don't let sports get you so down. As much as I love the Bills & Sabres, it's not worth the aggravation.

I feel this way a lot of times, but that's usually when the Bills/Sabres aren't having a good season and the loss doesn't deflate me as much.

It took me about 2 days to get over the Miami debacle and it'll probably be the same for this one. These are more deflating to me this year because of the 5-1 start and the buzz about this team.....and it feels like a lifetime since we sniffed the playoffs.

Nevertheless, don't let sports get you so down. As much as I love the Bills & Sabres, it's not worth the aggravation.

There is no pain you are receding

A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.

You are only coming through in waves.

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.

When I was a child

I caught a fleeting glimpse

Out of the corner of my eye.

I turned to look but it was gone

I cannot put my finger on it now

The child is grown,

The dream is gone.

but I have become comfortably numb.

It will continue until this city wins a pro championship of somekind or you pack up and leave this pit of misfortune. You feel this way bacause you see other cities old and new to their respective sports win championships EX.Carolina, Anahiem, Tampa Bay. Or football's Ravens and Tampa bay Bucs. Being a Buffalonian comes with the baggage of being the barren waste land of New York state. We get nothing from Albany and zero respect from the rest of the nation. The Bills were stepping stones for other teams to win Championships and the Sabres were stepping stones for Carolina and Ottawa, Philly and Dallas. It is also the way we lose, the absolute break down of the way that got us to the "Big Show" . I use the 1999 Sabres for an example we were a shut down team that took the oppostions big guns out of the game. Tight checking and good puck control with 4 lines that could score... Then that all went out the window. We choked, not resembling the team that was in the regular season or in the second season. Combine that with the dark cloud like, wide right, miracle in Memphis, no goal, no goal #2, no goal #3 and the steady stream of self inflicted gun shots to the feet and you start to carry it around like luggage, bitter and pissed looking at other teams saying " if they were in a Buffalo uniform we would still lose" . Losing has become away of life here in Buffalo. While the world lives, we die one year at a time. Soon both franchises will be gone and so will I.

It will continue until this city wins a pro championship of somekind or you pack up and leave this pit of misfortune. You feel this way bacause you see other cities old and new to their respective sports win championships EX.Carolina, Anahiem, Tampa Bay. Or football's Ravens and Tampa bay Bucs. Being a Buffalonian comes with the baggage of being the barren waste land of New York state. We get nothing from Albany and zero respect from the rest of the nation. The Bills were stepping stones for other teams to win Championships and the Sabres were stepping stones for Carolina and Ottawa, Philly and Dallas. It is also the way we lose, the absolute break down of the way that got us to the "Big Show" . I use the 1999 Sabres for an example we were a shut down team that took the oppostions big guns out of the game. Tight checking and good puck control with 4 lines that could score... Then that all went out the window. We choked, not resembling the team that was in the regular season or in the second season. Combine that with the dark cloud like, wide right, miracle in Memphis, no goal, no goal #2, no goal #3 and the steady stream of self inflicted gun shots to the feet and you start to carry it around like luggage, bitter and pissed looking at other teams saying " if they were in a Buffalo uniform we would still lose" . Losing has become away of life here in Buffalo. While the world lives, we die one year at a time. Soon both franchises will be gone and so will I.

Wow, I think I feel a little better now.........