If you can't beat 'em

He wasnt a "buddy", nor someone I really know. But I like your implication that I really AM a racist becuase I dare not march to the sweet music of the Pied Piper.

BTW....at what point in this thread can we discuss Democrats sending disabled folks to the polls to vote for Obama?

So someone who's almost a complete stranger comes in and asks you how you intend to vote? Why would you even answer him? Also, I'm sure that your racist views circulate throughout the place. Even if you don't talk about them they will still show to people.

Disabled folks can't vote? :rolleyes:

I said nothing about thier literacy skills what I said was that the blacks were voting fo OBama becuse of race , 95 percent. IF you do not think this election has anything to do with race on either side you are the one that has blinders on . It hard life , its harder when you are stupid.

The smarts blacks , which there are a few will vote for McCain because they will not be take in by that lying fraud Obama.

So we go from they to 95%. I think a lot of people have reasoning skills. I don't think all whites are voting for McCain either and those who are are all racists. You're painting things with too broad of a brush and making assumptions.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are the best voting method ever made and they provide a paper back up . I have never heard of one going wrong . Now NYS agrees they are the best but claim they can'yt get parts which is BS.

Rochester!! how the hell did they let you in there? You must be one of those inner city boys B-)

:rolleyes: You! Rochester is awesome!

Those machines haven't been made since the 50's. I'm sure parts are hard to find. The guy who invented them only sold a few and closed up shop. They should resurrect these things and make them standard throughout the nation.

They are the best voting method ever made and they provide a paper back up . I have never heard of one going wrong . Now NYS agrees they are the best but claim they can'yt get parts which is BS.

Rochester!! how the hell did they let you in there? You must be one of those inner city boys :rolleyes:

Now there is some misinformation! Things have gone wrong a lot, machines have crashed, there have been bugs in the software... And most can but do not provide paper backup. Only recently has some paper back up been happening after so many electronic errors.

Scanning computerized forms may be the best, not sure, but there should be an across the board system that has a viable redundancy built in so this kind of crap on both sides quits.

He wasnt a "buddy", nor someone I really know. But I like your implication that I really AM a racist becuase I dare not march to the sweet music of the Pied Piper.

BTW....at what point in this thread can we discuss Democrats sending disabled folks to the polls to vote for Obama?

God forbid we let disabled people cast their vote!

Now there is some misinformation! Things have gone wrong a lot, machines have crashed, there have been bugs in the software... And most can but do not provide paper backup. Only recently has some paper back up been happening after so many electronic errors.

Scanning computerized forms may be the best, not sure, but there should be an across the board system that has a viable redundancy built in so this kind of crap on both sides quits.

There's no software involved with these machines. You must be thinking of something else.

Sorry, but racists always stick out in a crowd. They have McCain/Palin signs and bumper stickers.

Dammit, wheres my razor?

Whats next? Yer gonna tell me that this is all becuase I rooted for Bo and Luke Duke when I was a kid?

There's no software involved with these machines. You must be thinking of something else.

What machine's are you talking about? The electronic screen push button one's were the one's I was referring to. They has software with USB access and if you knew the code, you could upload anything.

Also, some in VA when I was there just flat out didn't work.

Reports that an 87-year-old Council Bluffs woman was allegedly pressured to vote absentee by a Democratic campaign volunteer raise suspicions that some people who have diminished mental capacity are being targeted, a Republican official said Wednesday.

The allegation by Chris Taylor, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee, refers to claims by Angela Murphy-Hayes, who said her 87-year-old mother, a dementia patient, was coerced to cast a ballot about two weeks ago.

Doesn't sound much different from Strom Thurmound's last years in the senate or Reagan's in the white house :huh:

CALLING OUT STEELY DAN:

Show me where in this thread I said ANYTHING "racist" or espoused "racist views."

GO FOR IT.

I will admit that I confused you with boomer but you still defended him.

You must be talking about Rev Wright. The blacks are voting based on race if you can't see that then you are going blind or maybe just stupid.

So then you defended Boomer when I attacked him for that.

Says the guy whose side thinks that everyone who votes AGAINST The One is a racist.

Got it just TODAY from a lib. Told him I was against Obama and when I told him I just dont agree with his policies he winked and said "sure you dont."

!@#$.

You defended a racist. That's not racist?

Says the guy whose side thinks that everyone who votes AGAINST The One is a racist.

That's not racist but it is a prejudiced response.

This is a slippery slope where no one wins on this one. Yes there are mentally challenged folks that may not be capable of clearly deciding who, or even why they should vote, but how would you determine it and any line would probably eliminate huge chunks of the population from the voting rolls including Sarah Palin! :huh:

This is a slippery slope where no one wins on this one. Yes there are mentally challenged folks that may not be capable of clearly deciding, who even why they should vote, but how would you determine it and any line would probably eliminate huge chunks of the population from the voting rolls including Sarah Palin! :huh:

Nah, figuring out a way to prevent Sarah Palin from voting would be way easier:

"Hey Sarah- Churchill on line four!"

I will admit that I confused you with boomer but you still defended him.

So then you defended Boomer when I attacked him for that.

You defended a racist. That's not racist?

That's not racist but it is a prejudiced response.

I wasnt "defending" boomer as much as I was pointing out the idiocy of both sides of this half-assed debate and my abhoration of how race is used in politics and often social issues. And that doesnt make one a racist, either.

But nice try.

What machine's are you talking about? The electronic screen push button one's were the one's I was referring to. They has software with USB access and if you knew the code, you could upload anything.

Also, some in VA when I was there just flat out didn't work.

They're machines that were made in the 1950's and are still going strong. You walk in and pull a lever that closes the curtain. There are rows of candidates divided on lines by party. Each person has a little red lever under their name. By pulling the lever down you register your vote for that person. You can always change it if you make a mistake and when you pull the lever to open the curtain your vote has been registered.

I don't know this for sure but at the end of voting the seal on the back of the machine is broken and the back is opened up. Then county representatives write down the numbers for each candidate and close and seal the back of the machine again. They are not reset until the election results are certified.

Doesn't sound much different from Strom Thurmound's last years in the senate or Reagan's in the white house :huh:

Strom's years were spent worrying that the fact he had a bastard black child he had no contact with in her whole life would be discovered and cause a scandal with the racist people who elected him.