Perspective

eball

Look, I'm as disappointed with the past two weeks as anyone. Both games were winnable, and silly mistakes were the Bills' undoing. There are weaknesses on the roster other teams are gameplanning for, and these must be addressed. I am not going to bother to list them all, as others have done a fine job of that elsewhere on the board.

The reason I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath, however, is perspective. The Bills are still tied for first and control their own destiny. Despite their flaws, each of the last two games was right there for the taking. The Bills have not lost to a "bad" team this year (5-3, 5-3, 4-4).

Would we rather be fans of Indy, Jacksonville, or San Diego -- three teams earmarked for AFC title contention at the start of the season? How about N*w England?

There are no "perfect" teams out there in the AFC, and Buffalo is still right in the thick of it. All we really need is a ticket to the playoffs -- then anything can happen.

This is still an incredibly young team that has no history of success and is learning on the fly. They are not championship caliber in their current state, but particularly this year they have as much of a shot as anyone.

Perspective.

Carry on, and I'll see you in a week.

Look, I'm as disappointed with the past two weeks as anyone. Both games were winnable, and silly mistakes were the Bills' undoing. There are weaknesses on the roster other teams are gameplanning for, and these must be addressed. I am not going to bother to list them all, as others have done a fine job of that elsewhere on the board.

The reason I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath, however, is perspective. The Bills are still tied for first and control their own destiny. Despite their flaws, each of the last two games was right there for the taking. The Bills have not lost to a "bad" team this year (5-3, 5-3, 4-4).

Would we rather be fans of Indy, Jacksonville, or San Diego -- three teams earmarked for AFC title contention at the start of the season? How about N*w England?

There are no "perfect" teams out there in the AFC, and Buffalo is still right in the thick of it. All we really need is a ticket to the playoffs -- then anything can happen.

This is still an incredibly young team that has no history of success and is learning on the fly. They are not championship caliber in their current state, but particularly this year they have as much of a shot as anyone.

Perspective.

Carry on, and I'll see you in a week.

Good post. This is a young team in the making. Much like the Bills in '86 and '87, it's a team that's getting better but is still a couple players away from being a true contender. We've got a good nucleus and need to continue to build around that. As sh*tty as we've played the last two weeks, we've been in a position to win. That alone should be an indicator to most that we're not that far off.

We get to play the Phins and Jets again. We still control our own destiny. If people want to jump off the Peace Bridge because they can't handle losing a game or two or nine, they need to follow another team.

GO BILLS!!!

Too many people thought this team would be 13-3 looking at the schedule, and I'll include myself. We still have a young team that's learning to win. They beat themselves twice in the past two weeks. The Jets and Phins were not better teams. The Bills, even without their best effort, should have won both games. That said, they didn't. So better get the frustration out now than later in the season.

We should know it's never going to be easy in Buffalo. I'm sure they'll find away to get the wagon rolling the right direction again. This season and the future are still bright. Just correct the damn mistakes and find a way to run the damn ball.

I love threads like this, because they're so true.

Consider also these "positives" from the last two games:

1) We were up 16-6 on the Fins

2) We basically shut down the scary Fin wildcat running game

3) We dominated on offense throughout the Jets game, holding the ball for something like 25 straight plays

4) Our run defense, which has been leaky, was stout again against the Jets for most of the day

5) We have turned the ball over 5 times (maybe 6) in the last two games--i.e., correctable errors

6) We have been hit hard by injuries--losing our best DE, our best CB, our nickel back who was playing great, and basically our interior o-line.

I think the Bills go back this week and they get healthy, figure out how to run block better, and execute better on Sundays, and they will be fine. This is a 10-6 team, not a 14-2 one.

Perspective.

Thanks E-Ball, for the tempering.. The board needs it. I agree with all you've said and would only add that our fine, young talent is now getting hurt/missing time. I believe we're still a couple key players away from serious contention but we're good enough -when healthy- to play with anybody.

Not healthy, not so much...