Rick Azar

Here's a random Rick Azar story. When the movie "Sophie's Choice" came out in 1982 I went to see it with my parents. We were in a theater in Amherst and as we made our way to our seats I noticed Rick Azar sitting right behind us.

If you've seen that movie (and I've never watched it again) you know it has a gut wrenching, heart-breaking ending. As the credits rolled many women in the audience were crying. I stood up and turned to see Rick wiping a tear from his eye.

"Heavy movie, heavy, heavy movie," he said to no one in particular.

And that's my brush with fame Rick Azar story. :(

I remember my sister used to think Clip Smith was the ugliest man she had ever seen. One night we were Christmas shopping at Twin Fair... low and behold, my brother and I spot Clip. My brother goes over and tells him that my sister has a "mad crush" on him, and asks if he will be kind enough to say hello to her. He was super nice, and seemed flattered... he went over and kissed my sister on the cheek...she was super embarassed...we were a bunch of little *****! :thumbsup:

It almost looked like her gag reflex was going to kick in.... :P

Here's a random Rick Azar story. When the movie "Sophie's Choice" came out in 1982 I went to see it with my parents. We were in a theater in Amherst and as we made our way to our seats I noticed Rick Azar sitting right behind us.

If you've seen that movie (and I've never watched it again) you know it has a gut wrenching, heart-breaking ending. As the credits rolled many women in the audience were crying. I stood up and turned to see Rick wiping a tear from his eye.

"Heavy movie, heavy, heavy movie," he said to no one in particular.

And that's my brush with fame Rick Azar story. :(

My random Rick Azar story: he was a member at Brookfield Country Club. I shined the man's shoes every Sunday.

It ain't much, but that's my story.