Falling back to earth

Mikie2times

A 4-0 start skewed what this team really is, an above average team in a parity filled league. A team that’s capable of beating anybody, while still being capable of losing to anybody.

It’s safe to say we have all fallen back to earth, but is falling back to earth such a bad thing?

At the start of the season if somebody told me we would be 5-3 in a tie atop the division I would have been pretty damn happy.

Now we have a fight on our hands, and if you didn’t expect that or it makes you hit the doom button shame on you. What we do from this point forward will define our season. Not the last two weeks.

A 4-0 start skewed what this team really is, an above average team in a parity filled league. A team that’s capable of beating anybody, while still being capable of losing to anybody.

It’s safe to say we have all fallen back to earth, but is falling back to earth such a bad thing?

At the start of the season if somebody told me we would be 5-3 in a tie atop the division I would have been pretty damn happy.

Now we have a fight on our hands, and if you didn’t expect that or it makes you hit the doom button shame on you. What we do from this point forward will define our season. Not the last two weeks.

Amen. you are spot on.

I think you're dead on. People got on the 4-0 wagon, and thought we were invincible, and that led them to thinking that Miami and Jets were guarantee wins, which is never the case. Now we are back to reality and are still in the situation to do something special.

You're not wrong. It's just the way we're 5-3 right now is quite a bit upsestting. The old saying is true. You wanna make the playoffs. Win your divisional games. Being 0-2 in the division puts us behind the 8 ball. Yeah it makes every game from here on out important. There's plenty of reasons right now, to not be filled with an abundance of confidence. Also some aspects that there's some hope. There's a lot to prove though. Not enough bad to jump off a bridge quite yet.

As someone not known as an optimist I looked at the first 8 games in August like this:

Seattle - W

@Jax - L

Oak - W

@AZ - L

SD - L

NYJ - W

@Stl/@Mia - 1-1 because I hardly ever count on us winning a road game.

So yeah one game better than I expected. Problem is if we don't get over the Foxboro hump next week we can reel off a 4 game win streak (which frankly I expect) and still be in near must-win spot on the road in the Jets rematch because their schedule is no tougher than ours. This game is a blown golden opportunity any way you slice it.