A serious question about Obama's associations

I am just opening this up for discussion.

But doesn't everyone here think that the Bush/Cheney administration's FBI, CIA, NSA, Homeland Security and/or several other government agencies have seriously vetted Barack Obama without him or anyone else knowing it, just in case he DID have some domestic terrorist sympathies, anti-American leanings or anything that may be detrimental to the nation just in case he got elected?

I for one think it's likely been extremely thorough, to the brink of being criminal. And I'm glad if they did it.

I bet they didn't see his middle name though, when lookng through the files. If they saw that, they'd know what we do, that he is definately a terrorist.

... or are you insinuating that Obama has connections with Bush and Cheney? Connection to those terrorist would surely end Obama's hopes of anything.

(oops, sry you said serious, my bad)

Perhaps you are referring to ties to Rashid Khalidi, the outspoken Columbia University professor who has been a critic of Israel and an advocate of Palestinian rights? I believe Sarah Palin recently accused Barack Obama of associating with a group that gave Khalidi's Palestinian Research Center over $75,000.

Oh but wait....it turns out the International Republican Institute, headed by John McCain in 1998, gave the same group almost $450,000! So does that mean McCain supports terrorists?

Be careful when you hunt. You could shoot yourself in the foot.

P.S...I have to ask: Are you concerned about Obama alleged ties to terrorists, etc. because he is black and his middle name is Hussein? If his name was Fred Smith, or even LaDanian Tomlinson, would you still be asking this question.

I also find it curious that your concern over terrorist ties doesn't extend to Sarah and Todd Palin and their membership in the Alaska Independence Party, a group that advocates Alaska's seccession from the United States, and whose founder sought out to Iran, of all nations, to get him an audience at the United Nations. I guess that sort of stuff is just fine.

PTR

Perhaps you are referring to ties to Rashid Khalidi, the outspoken Columbia University professor who has been a critic of Israel and an advocate of Palestinian rights? I believe Sarah Palin recently accused Barack Obama of associating with a group that gave Khalidi's Palestinian Research Center over $75,000.

Oh but wait....it turns out the International Republican Institute, headed by John McCain in 1998, gave the same group almost $450,000! So does that mean McCain supports terrorists?

Be careful when you hunt. You could shoot yourself in the foot.

PTR

I'm talking Khalidi, Wright, Ayers, his birth certificate and every other random rumor and association. I guarantee that if there were any substance to any of it, Homeland Security would know, and something would be out in the news. That's one of the reasons why the accusations are so baseless. That it's obvious there is little to them because the government is not going to let a terrorist sympathizer run the government.

I'm talking Khalidi, Wright, Ayers, his birth certificate and every other random rumor and association. I guarantee that if there were any substance to any of it, Homeland Security would know, and something would be out in the news. That's one of the reasons why the accusations are so baseless. That it's obvious there is little to knowing to them because the government is not going to let a terrorist sympathizer run the government.

I'm quite sure Mr Obama is as patriotic as Mr. McCain. The rumors were all desperate attempts to scare voters. I don't blame them. That stuff worked up until this year.

PTR

Its amazing how the right wingers are bringing up this sort of crap and yet the stuff about McCain remains silent.

McCain was a member of the Keating 5

McCain cheated on his wife and divorced her

McCain sung like a canary to the Viet Cong

McCain service record is full of behavior not becoming of an officer

Obama focuses on hope and change and delivers a clear message and McCain only focuses on this BS stuff.

Obama focuses on hope and change and delivers a clear message and McCain only focuses on this BS stuff.

Well said, boy. Im sure Obama's bow-tied "civilian patrol" will pass by your house quietly. Just be sure to have your copy of Mein Kam....er...."The Audacity of Hope" out on the coffee table for all your house guests to see, ok?

How many times are you going to make that statement? It is getting old, even in its bothersome petulance.

I could go find previous repetitions, but I am too tired and the statement is too old.

It's true.

How many times are you going to make that statement? It is getting old, even in its bothersome petulance.

I could go find previous repetitions, but I am too tired and the statement is too old.

Don't even bother trying to reason with him. Conservatives like him can't see how twisted with hate they've become. They're having a hard enough time now seeing their "permanent Republican majority" circle the drain. He's just lashing out at everyone and everything right now.

PTR

Don't even bother trying to reason with him. Conservatives like him can't see how twisted with hate they've become. They're having a hard enough time now seeing their "permanent Republican majority" circle the drain. He's just lashing out at everyone and everything right now.

PTR

LOL.

Shall I post the picture of Sarah Palin or of John McCain with fangs and blood dripping out of their mouths?

You think CONSERVATIVES came up with that imagery?

But yeah...your side is "different."

McCain was a member of the Keating 5

McCain cheated on his wife and divorced her

McCain sung like a canary to the Viet Cong

McCain service record is full of behavior not becoming of an officer

1 - I thought the left was big on the idea that accusations don't matter when you are cleared of any wrong doing in the investigation. Is this part of the 'change' we keep hearing about?

2 - Are you really saying that a failed marriage 20 years ago matters? I've heard the left bring that up before (Reagan, etc) but don't recall the right doing that.

3 - Isn't the doctrine of the left that torture doesn't work? Or are you saying it only works on Americans?

4 - I skimmed his military record and didn't see any reprimands for conduct unbecoming of an officer. A partier, sure, but unlike Obama I didn't see any drug use.