I hope I'm proven a fool for saying this, but ...

the Bills are looking squarely at 9-7. They have Denver, NY, and NE on the road plus NE at home. The Chiefs are a young team that is getting better every week so even they'll be a struggle on the road.

Re: today's game, it seemed fairly apparent to me before the game that the Bills would struggle against one of the best defensive lines in the league, statistically speaking. They did. How did their offensive line, which was half decent last season, become so bad so quickly?

the Bills are looking squarely at 9-7. They have Denver, NY, and NE on the road plus NE at home. The Chiefs are a young team that is getting better every week so even they'll be a struggle on the road.

Re: today's game, it seemed fairly apparent to me before the game that the Bills would struggle against one of the best defensive lines in the league, statistically speaking. They did. How did their offensive line, which was half decent last season, become so bad so quickly?

Poor coaching and conditioning? That's my first 2 choices. And no coaching nor conditioning for Peters.

Poor coaching and conditioning? That's my first 2 choices. And no coaching nor conditioning for Peters.

The coaching is fine -- good, even. If you subtract the turnovers (hardly coaching errors), the Bills probably win this game. The problem is a lack of quality pass rushers plus a terrible center and RG situation. It ruins everything -- everything ends up riding on the QB, who can't make a mistake yet can't hand off the ball. It's a terrible situation for Edwards. He's doing the best he can considering the circumstances.

On the bright side, Fine looks like he can play.

The coaching is fine -- good, even. If you subtract the turnovers (hardly coaching errors), the Bills probably win this game. The problem is a lack of quality pass rushers plus a terrible center and RG situation. It ruins everything -- everything ends up riding on the QB, who can't make a mistake yet can't hand off the ball. It's a terrible situation for Edwards. He's doing the best he can considering the circumstances.

I have to disagree with you on the coaching. Teams are going to have turnovers, but it's how you react to them that define a team. We have not proven the ability to do so in a positive way.

I have to disagree with you on the coaching. Teams are going to have turnovers, but it's how you react to them that define a team. We have not proven the ability to do so in a positive way.

What a stretch. It sounds like you just want to blame someone. It's a team loss. The team can't react well to a turnover and you blame the coaches. That's fine. It's just wrong.

perfectly said. i agree with this 100%.

I agree with you. In K.C. today, the Chiefs pulled out all the stops. The Bucs turned over the ball & were behind 21-3 before I finished my 1st beer. The Chiefs were really putting it to the Bucs the entire 1st half. The Bucs came out in the 2nd half, and slowly got back into the game, tying in the last seconds, & winning in OT. (I feel sorry for Chiefs fans- reminded me of the Dallas game last year.)

You don't criticize the coaches, yet those are the very people in this organization picking the players. How do they avoid any heat for the performance these past few weeks? That's three losses in four games, and it's amazing how DJ fans want to redirect the problems of this team onto the players alone.

How about not having a pass rush? Where's the effective blitz? I though DJ was a defensive guru, but I'm not seeing it.

If you want to blame this on injuries, there are 31 other teams in the NFL dealing with injuries, and it's not an excuse. You think NE is crying about Brady being gone? Deal with it, that's what you'd be advised.

The coaching is not fine. It wasn't fine in Chicago, where DJ's OC's and DC's were mediocre. It wasn't fine with Fairchild. And it's not fine with Fewell, although I believe the jury's out on Schonert.

You don't criticize the coaches, yet those are the very people in this organization picking the players. How do they avoid any heat for the performance these past few weeks? That's three losses in four games, and it's amazing how DJ fans want to redirect the problems of this team onto the players alone.

How about not having a pass rush? Where's the effective blitz? I though DJ was a defensive guru, but I'm not seeing it.

If you want to blame this on injuries, there are 31 other teams in the NFL dealing with injuries, and it's not an excuse. You think NE is crying about Brady being gone? Deal with it, that's what you'd be advised.

The coaching is not fine. It wasn't fine in Chicago, where DJ's OC's and DC's were mediocre. It wasn't fine with Fairchild. And it's not fine with Fewell, although I believe the jury's out on Schonert.

There are 31 other teams. Most have a record that is worse than 5-3.

If DJ takes the "heat" for losing 3 out of 4, how much credit will you, BillsVet, give him for owning a 5-3 record?

Somehow, I think it will be very little.

You answered this a few posts down, C, RG.