Deep Breath

CosmicBills

I was going to avoid TSW for a few days since the infamous roller coaster is in full swing. However, I can't help it.

No, this isn't going to be a "things are just peachy" post.

Back-to-Back loses to division rivals sucks. Flat out sucks. It doubly sucks when you consider that in both games, the Bills not only were in position to win, but seemingly shot themselves in the foot with stupid turnovers or penalties. It's worse when you consider that they are just 1-3 in their second quarter of the season with injuries in the defensive secondary mounting and an O-Line that seemingly can't even open a hole for our RBs against 3 man fronts.

All that considered, people here need to calm waaaaaay down. Of course we're going to have the posters who revel in negativity and actually prefer it when the Bills lose so they can post their version of "I told you so" (you know who these posters are). But a realistic look at the last two losses reveals what the Bills really are: a very young team who's learning how to win. They haven't put it all together yet -- but unlike the past few seasons, they have not only been in every game but really controlled them (minus Arizona).

But even the biggest homer can see the Bills are indeed struggling. They have flaws that have been exposed by opponents and will continue to be exploited until they can fix them. Yet, even despite the struggles, they are still very much alive in not only the Wild Card race but the divisional race as well.

Yes, they are going to have to go 4-0 in the division down the stretch to have a legit shot at the East -- but before Brady went down, most (realistic) folks here never really considered contending for the division, but rather were focused on the Wild Card. And that goal is still very much in the realm of reality -- even with a 2 game skid.

10-6 gets in this year.

So, for all those fans out there clinging to their last semblance of sanity, I implore you to take a deeeeeeeep breath and stand back from the ledge. Let the lemmings jump off the band wagon.

I was going to avoid TSW for a few days since the infamous roller coaster is in full swing. However, I can't help it.

No, this isn't going to be a "things are just peachy" post.

Back-to-Back loses to division rivals sucks. Flat out sucks. It doubly sucks when you consider that in both games, the Bills not only were in position to win, but seemingly shot themselves in the foot with stupid turnovers or penalties. It's worse when you consider that they are just 1-3 in their second quarter of the season with injuries in the defensive secondary mounting and an O-Line that seemingly can't even open a hole for our RBs against 3 man fronts.

All that considered, people here need to calm waaaaaay down. Of course we're going to have the posters who revel in negativity and actually prefer it when the Bills lose so they can post their version of "I told you so" (you know who these posters are). But a realistic look at the last two losses reveals what the Bills really are: a very young team who's learning how to win. They haven't put it all together yet -- but unlike the past few seasons, they have not only been in every game but really controlled them (minus Arizona).

But even the biggest homer can see the Bills are indeed struggling. They have flaws that have been exposed by opponents and will continue to be exploited until they can fix them. Yet, even despite the struggles, they are still very much alive in not only the Wild Card race but the divisional race as well.

Yes, they are going to have to go 4-0 in the division down the stretch to have a legit shot at the East -- but before Brady went down, most (realistic) folks here never really considered contending for the division, but rather were focused on the Wild Card. And that goal is still very much in the realm of reality -- even with a 2 game skid.

10-6 gets in this year.

So, for all those fans out there clinging to their last semblance of sanity, I implore you to take a deeeeeeeep breath and stand back from the ledge. Let the lemmings jump off the band wagon.

Scrap it all

Trent sucks. His backup sucks. Our coach sucks. Our OL sucks. Our defense sucks.

That being said, I think this team is on its way up.

yes they are struggling, but 29 other teams in the NFL will struggle like this at some point because they are also seriously flawed...

and I would rather have the flaw NOT be the lack of a proven QB....at least we have a young franchise QB to build around...