O-Line / D-Line is the problem

The Guy

We can't win games if we don't have a pass rush , cant protect the qb and can't run block. What a pathetic performance today against the jets. Sure,Trent made some mistakes but having more time can remedy that. The poor guy was harassed all day. In one instance it looked like the O-line just got out of the way of the jets d-line. Pathetic. Lynch has looked less than ordinary but again I believe its the line. Old man Favre didnt look to worried about the pass rush. Big Problems abound. If the Bills lose next week I don't know if they'll turn it around. Im always optomistic about this team but after watching today's game it's difficult to find the silver lining. I wanted to throw up all game. Ahh Hell, what do I know...

I was saying the same thing all game. I thought we've done a decent job on building the lines in last 2 years, but I was wrong. We must have the sorriest group of DEs in the league. They can't rush the passer, they get blown up at the line, and look downright retarded every single time the opposition does a reserve/end around. !@#$KKK.

We can't win games if we don't have a pass rush , cant protect the qb and can't run block. What a pathetic performance today against the jets. Sure,Trent made some mistakes but having more time can remedy that. The poor guy was harassed all day. In one instance it looked like the O-line just got out of the way of the jets d-line. Pathetic. Lynch has looked less than ordinary but again I believe its the line. Old man Favre didnt look to worried about the pass rush. Big Problems abound. If the Bills lose next week I don't know if they'll turn it around. Im always optomistic about this team but after watching today's game it's difficult to find the silver lining. I wanted to throw up all game. Ahh Hell, what do I know...

thats what happens when you build a team from the outside in like the bills have. thats why our future doesnt look good unlesss we overhaul our lines...which aint easy.

Ummm maybe you forgot the part where Edwards handed them 10 points. What did we lose by again? I agree that both lines are playing terrible, but it doesn't mean we can't win with them.

This logic is just unreal. How in !@#$'s name can you blame Trent for the fumble?

Ummm maybe you forgot the part where Edwards handed them 10 points. What did we lose by again? I agree that both lines are playing terrible, but it doesn't mean we can't win with them.

true-----TE regressing makes it even more disturbing

Hey....but at least we have been pretty good at stopping the run---that is until there are 10 minutes left in the 4th Q and we let them convert 3rd down after 3rd down because they got 8 yards on 1st down runs....

The Bills really have little margin for error...they don't generate the pass rush to cause sacks/fumbles/turnovers with any consistency, so when they turn the ball over, the best we can hope for is a 3 and out and a punt. However, the problem is usually that they rarely get a 3 and out, so if a team gets 2 or 3 first downs and then punts, the Bills are starting from deep in their own territory usually because Parrish has been unable/unwilling to return them with players near him lately.

So on offense, the Bills have to play nearly perfect so their defense can give up lots of yards and then clamp down in the redzone and give up mostly FG. When they turn the ball over and give up extra chances, it really is a killer. IMHO, there is a real problem with trying to win like that. Things have to go almost perfectly for us to win most games. We cannot throw a few INT's, fumble the ball away and still win like a lot of other teams in the NFL can...mainly because those teams can cause turnovers themselves, which evens the playing field.

I know we had to throw a lot of extra players at the line against Favre to create pressure, but when we did, the results were pretty good---a few bad passes, an almost INT, and an actual INT returned for a TD...

Maybe Fewell needs to watch Baltimore's D against Cleveland---Cleveland is driving to tie/take the lead, and pressure up the middle forces a quick throw on a screen pass that is intercepted by Suggs and returned for a TD...

stop playing this, let them get 8 yards on underneath stuff every play and hope they make a mistake---I would rather we get after the QB and force some bad plays than to let them keep moving the ball on us over and over again, hoping we can tackle them before the 1st down. Even if we get beat deep a few times, I would take it over death by a thousand cuts...I am sure we would make some plays as well to offset it....