remember a few weeks ago we were comparing TE to Montana

Tcali

A great QB needs to take charge and be sharp. Sure a great QB makes mistakes....-but Trent is starting to take waaaaay too much time to throw the ball(his protection today was damn good)...and he doesn't look like he is in charge out there.

We get in the red zone and he looks like his mind is wandering.--He has skills- but going between the 20s or even the 10s is a long way from turning things into points.

He is a universe away from even being at the Joe Ferguson level....so lets go easy on the Montana comparisons.

How'd Montana do his second year? Anyone know?

Niners were 6-10 i think...Monatna had a good year. Next year they won the SB.

But the point really is that a Montana became more focused ..sharper looking...quicker in decision making..as he got in the red zone. TE tends to drift off to lala land in the red zone.

I thought he had gotten over that at the beginning of this year. maybe its the concussion.

Well, to be quite honest, I think its a GOOD thing that we have become so accustomed to Edwards being so good so early, that anything less than perfection is shocking...

Lets face it, he is going to still make mistakes....he is young, and although he is really good, he will make mistakes. IMHO, those 2 consecutive trips in the redzone today when the Bills had the ball for 15+ minutes straight and managed to still come away with 0 points, while the Jets got 7 themselves, was the backbreaker....

instead of us having a lead(even 2 FG would have made it 13-6), we end up being down 13-7 and basically handed the game to them....