V-Coach Bulliten

PP will get cut... mark my words

let me expand - Wire still has potential at SS particularly playing close to the line in run support. when we drafted him from college, converting him from RB/LB we knew we had a prject on our hands. The introduction of Milloy to the team basically suspended his development as a SS - to the experiment to put him at FS was to see if we could have our most talented 11 guys on the field...

I was rooting for Coy - but he can't cut it, thats fine... I hope he stays on the team, and i am convinced he will

i'm admittedly no expert, but -- forgive me #89 -- wire just doesn't get it back there. he may be a wonderful guy w/ a "non-stop motor", but if after three years he can't get the hang of it it's time to move on. the guy hasn't made one memorable play on defense -- in the positive sense -- since he was put into the lineup.

Either Wire, Prioleau,  or both , will be cut

5987[/snapback]

Wire's special teams play alone guarentees him a roster spot, and he still represents excellent depth

Wire won't be released

I wish we could have Tasker in camp to work with Wire on becoming the next Tasker. Forget defense for a while. Let him learn all he there is about special teams. Its about time for us to have another big playmaker on special teams. If you remember, special teams turned a few losses into wins for us in the early 90s.

Tell me this:  If Wire wasn't TD's pet project from PA, wouldn't he have already been cut from most other teams?  Since TD has scouted him since he was a high schooler in PA TD has had a hard on for him.  Time to end this experiment, as Wire only seems to be regressing.

6097[/snapback]

He's decent. Not everyone can be a superstar. I say you keep the decent players and cut the riff-raff. Wire isn't chopped liver. He played ok as SS in his rookie year. The reason he's not starting is because we got Milloy.

He's decent. Not everyone can be a superstar. I say you keep the decent players and cut the riff-raff. Wire isn't chopped liver. He played ok as SS in his rookie year. The reason he's not starting is because we got Milloy.

6151[/snapback]

He was adequate as the SS, but nothing special. His instincts weren't that great but, to his defense, he was still learning the SS position after playing LB at Stanford. Imagine if we had taken Tank Williams that year instead of Wire. Wow.

Archived