DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN!! DON'T COUNT YOUR CHICKENS

You know, I haven't heard anyone mention Dewey since the last election someone was behind in the polls...and the election before that...and the election before that...

Here's some irony: There hasn't been a "Truman over Dewey" story since Truman over Dewey!

PTR

You know, I haven't heard anyone mention Dewey since the last election someone was behind in the polls...and the election before that...and the election before that...

Here's some irony: There hasn't been a "Truman over Dewey" story since Truman over Dewey!

PTR

You fail to acknowledge that 1948 was technological apex of poll tracking and communication. Pre-election polls have become increasingly unreliable each year since then.

PTR

Unless you count this.

Just a reminder for those who think this is a slam dunk election.

It appears that Obama is ahead in the Polls but nobody really knows how someone will vote until they've finished casting their ballot.

Naw Election has already been decided by the Redskins...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/n...r-monday-night/

Obama won.

Just a reminder for those who think this is a slam dunk election.

It appears that Obama is ahead in the Polls but nobody really knows how someone will vote until they've finished casting their ballot.

Stop it already NPR. This is like when NPR was saying things looked good for Kerry hours after the election was called. They love to hype the Dems up.

This is a lay-up drill for Obama, especially if you look at the electoral map.

Just pointing this out that anything can happen in an election. It looked like Kerry was leading going into the 2004 election and he lost.

I want Obama to win but I won't believe anything until the election is certified.

No, Bush was leading going into the election by the vast majority of the polls and it came out that way.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/bush_vs_kerry.html

Also, people shouldn't confuse EXIT polls with other polls. Exit polls are the ones that RCow was referring to, and the ones that are completely unreliable. The pre-election polls are usually, but not always, pretty accurate.