McKelvin called out in Sporting News

http://news.yahoo.com/s/sn/20081101/sp_sn/...oneedtostepitup

Bills CB Leodis McKelvin: Corner was a problem for the Bills last year, and with Terrence McGee and Ashton Youboty nicked up, it continues to be. Of course, that's why the Bills drafted McKelvin, and they need him to start playing like the guy they considered to be the best corner coming out of college last year.

McKelvin's cover skills are undeniable. It's time he starts making headway toward earning the trust of his coaches.

Can't disagree

McKelvin is a Rookie right? Just checkin, cause people act like he's been in the league 4 years now......

While I do agree his play has to get better from week to week, but we also have to sit back and understand that there is a learning curve to his job.

When we drafted McKelvin I didnt expect BIG things from him, I expected rookie mistakes, I expected him to get picked on when he's on the field. This will only make him stronger as time goes on.

James Hardy on the other hand, look at his college game film and his NFL film you have 2 different players. You have a guy who cant run routes you have a guy who cant get seperation and you have a guy with zero speed.....That's who im calling out.

McKelvin is a Rookie right? Just checkin, cause people act like he's been in the league 4 years now......

While I do agree his play has to get better from week to week, but we also have to sit back and understand that there is a learning curve to his job.

When we drafted McKelvin I didnt expect BIG things from him, I expected rookie mistakes, I expected him to get picked on when he's on the field. This will only make him stronger as time goes on.

James Hardy on the other hand, look at his college game film and his NFL film you have 2 different players. You have a guy who cant run routes you have a guy who cant get seperation and you have a guy with zero speed.....That's who im calling out.

Agree with you. It's Hardy's time to shine. I'd give McKelvin more learning curve time than Hardy. Maybe it's Youboty's time to step up.

True that - all of that. But Hardy's also a rookie and got by in college with his natural talent (height and hands). He was not a disciplined route runner in college and he must become one to succeed in the NFL. Small wonder he wasn't taken in the 1st. Despite the anguished wails of many TBDers - look at most of the other WRs taken in the 2nd (none in the first IIRC) there are similar problems with many. Washington got a double dose of shite.

i fully expect inconsistency and for him to get beat on occasion, but i also expect to see flashes of his potential and the occasional big play.......he's yet to do anything of substance

rookie brandon flowers picked farve twice last week, taking one of those to the house - let's see if mckelvin can make a big play........i don't even care if it's on defense or in the return game, but let's see something!

Oh, I disagree. He's got a list full of 10 years pros and then throws in one rookie? What an asswipe.

you obviously know a lot about football, considering that hightower, jenkins AND harvey are ALL rookies. 40% of the list is rookie.

True that - all of that. But Hardy's also a rookie and got by in college with his natural talent (height and hands). He was not a disciplined route runner in college and he must become one to succeed in the NFL. Small wonder he wasn't taken in the 1st. Despite the anguished wails of many TBDers - look at most of the other WRs taken in the 2nd (none in the first IIRC) there are similar problems with many. Washington got a double dose of shite.

That is very true, simply not a very good WR class this year, but I guess that makes up for an incredible rookie RB class. The only WR that is truly making a mark is Donnie Avery in St. Louis.

That is very true, simply not a very good WR class this year, but I guess that makes up for an incredible rookie RB class. The only WR that is truly making a mark is Donnie Avery in St. Louis.

eddie royal and deshaun jackson would strongly disagree with that statement

The only area I want to see faster improvement from McKelvin is his KR. His coverage and reads will come along the more he plays.

With Hardy I'm going to reserve judgment until later in the year or the start of next season. Most of the time it takes rookie WR's longer to get their feet under them and make an impact. Would I like to see more from him? Absolutely, but I'm sure as hell not going to call him out after 7 games in his rookie campaign.