Texas vs Texas Tech

dpbillsfan

But then again, he's clearly not past his coaching prime quite yet. Those who are casual fans of NCAA football assume that the only reason JoePa has his job is because the program "owes" him for his 40+ years of service, but Paterno's teams are 39-9 (including bowl games) the past 4 years. I'd have to look it up, but that's gotta be close to the best in Division I. I assume Pete Carroll is the leader.

Oh, I understand he could coach for a while, but I'd rather see him go out a year or two too early, than too late. I'm not suggesting that anyone run Joe Pa out of town, but I will have no issue if he decides to hang them up after a phenomenal season.

Have you seen Florida's out of conference schedule?

But, I will agree that, if, and only if, Texas Tech and Alabama finish the season unbeaten (including their conference championships), they have a legit claim on #1 and #2. But, if any one loss team jumps Penn State, it will be a disgrace.

I do agree that if a one loss team jumps Penn St, that is not right, even though I have no doubt in my mind that a one loss USC/Oklahoma/Florida would absolutely run Penn St right off the field in a neutral setting.

I do agree that if a one loss team jumps Penn St, that is not right, even though I have no doubt in my mind that a one loss USC/Oklahoma/Florida would absolutely run Penn St right off the field in a neutral setting.

Not if that neutral setting had some snow, for a change. But, I get your drift, and I'm not sure I would argue about that. (Florida is a hard team to judge, as they can play SO good, and so, well, so-so.) But, I wouldn't be surprised, either, if Penn State competed well against any of them, in a bowl game. It is really hard to know.

I know it is so trendy to piss all over a Big 10 team, right now, but I'm not a trendy guy. I set trends, not follow them. :thumbsup:

I crack me up.