UB-37 Miami OH-17

PromoTheRobot

37-17 final...UB wins! What a terrific showing on national TV.

Drew Willy - 18/29=245, 2 TDs

James Starks - 26/177, 2 TDs

Naaman Roosevelt - 8/148, 1 TD (refs robbed him, should have been 2)

A great crowd (16,000+) and overall a terrific showcase for UB football. BTW, next week tuesday UB is again on ESPNU vs Akron, and the season finale is Thanksgiving Friday at UB Stadium. Try to make it.

PTR

Official List of things UB is doing to get more fans to the game:

• UB is offering a buy one, get one free ticket for the game.

• Both teams will accentuate the Red vs. Blue political theme of the day as the Bulls will be in all blue uniforms and the RedHawks of Miami will be in all red. The teams got an NCAA exemption to do so.

• In honor of a great Buffalonian on Election night, UB will honor one of the great voices in political journalism, the late Tim Russert with a video montage, while his sister Kathy Russert Hughes and daughter Ashley will serve as honorary captains for the coin toss. In addition, Tim's son Luke Russert will have a video welcome prior to the game.

• There will be free coffee and hot chocolate provided to fans by Tim Horton's as they enter the stadium.

• Popular Channel 2 personality Kevin O'Neill will bring sideline reports throughout the game on the videoboard on Election Night results as they happen.

• There will be spirit wavers (a new version of the popular thundersticks) with the Bulls' logo given to the first 2,500 fans through the gates.

• The first 1,000 students at the game will be given rally towels.

• There will be a poster making contest at the "True Blue" tailgate party for the ESPN cameras.

Please try to make the game. If not, watch it on ESPN2 Nov 4.

PTR

Good stuff, thanks for the heads-up. I'll watch what I can before I go into work and DVR the rest.

Good there will be something else to watch tomorrow night then. I'll get a sixer of Budwieser (red) and a sixer of Labatt's Blue to keep the theme going out here in "swing state" land.

* already did my civic duty today and dropped my mail in ballot off during lunch.

A great crowd (16,000+) and overall a terrific showcase for UB football.

PTR

A great crowd (16,000+) and overall a terrific showcase for UB football.

PTR

Agreed, and good to hear. I watched bits and pieces while at work, and it looked like a real strong crowd and a real fun atmosphere.

I still can't get past the fact that I was able to watch my very own University at Buffalo Bulls play (and WIN!) on national television. And how ironic is it that Willy passes Marty Barrett's TD record...Barrett was QB my freshman year and I remember so clearly being at the Main Street field (and sitting on very old and worn wooden bleachers) and seeing UB beat Baldwin Wallace on what I believe was a last minute TD pass. There was a pretty good crowd there that day (maybe around 1,000) and the place went nuts. After that, things went pretty much down hill for the program. What a great thing it is for the school to have this program doing so well.

Just did a little searching...September 17, 1983...UB 29 Baldwin Wallace 28. That team went on to be 8-2 that year.

I still can't get past the fact that I was able to watch my very own University at Buffalo Bulls play (and WIN!) on national television. And how ironic is it that Willy passes Marty Barrett's TD record...Barrett was QB my freshman year and I remember so clearly being at the Main Street field (and sitting on very old and worn wooden bleachers) and seeing UB beat Baldwin Wallace on what I believe was a last minute TD pass. There was a pretty good crowd there that day (maybe around 1,000) and the place went nuts. After that, things went pretty much down hill for the program. What a great thing it is for the school to have this program doing so well.

Just did a little searching...September 17, 1983...UB 29 Baldwin Wallace 28. That team went on to be 8-2 that year.

And one could ask if Baldwin Wallace was a school or a dude? It's not BCS, but UB is back on the football map in a big way. UB has another (sort of) national TV game next Tuesday on ESPNU, and if they win the MAC east they will be on ESPN again, and hopefully once more in a bowl game. I have to think all this exposure will get Drew Willy on some NFL scouting lists. Same for Naaman Roosevelt, James Starks, Davonte Shannon and Domenic Cook.

PTR

And one could ask if Baldwin Wallace was a school or a dude? It's not BCS, but UB is back on the football map in a big way. UB has another (sort of) national TV game next Tuesday on ESPNU, and if they win the MAC east they will be on ESPN again, and hopefully once more in a bowl game. I have to think all this exposure will get Drew Willy on some NFL scouting lists. Same for Naaman Roosevelt, James Starks, Davonte Shannon and Domenic Cook.

PTR

Ray Bentley was really talking up the pro potential of those guys. We're definitely going to lose Willy as he is a senior, but rest of them are either Jr's (Starks, Roosevelt) or So's. I hope Starks and Roosevelt stick around, though with Willy leaving, if they continue to have great years this might be their time to go too.

Lew, your employer doesn't give you time to take off to vote? I'm no expert on such matters, but I thought everyone had the right to vote and that employers made provisions for employees in such cases.

I don't know about the company provisions for voting... It was a major emergency and I had to "take care of business"

And my work place is a 1 hour drive from where I live and vote. So the logistics of voting would have been an issue.

We have early voting in WV and next time I may take advantage of that process. As a registered Republican in WV, my voting choices are slim and none. I am OK with what happened on Tuesday. We fixed the problem and I get Friday off from work without having to burn any vacation...