Trust TSA

BillsWatch

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/107092

The TSA reached a mind-boggling new low in customer service this week when it was revealed that one agent had single-handedly absconded with over $200,000 worth of travelers' belongings, primarily cameras and laptops, and proceeded to unload his booty on eBay. His latest haul: A near-$50,000 camera that an HBO employee had been traveling with.

What do you do if you need to get something expensive from point A to point B but can't carry it on the plane? Advance shipping through FedEx and the like seems like the only real solution: At least with shipping carriers you can insure the package against damage and theft. But sadly, your contract with the airlines absolves them of virtually all liability when things like this happen.

You think this is only TSA agent stealing? I do not think so. I saw an agent reject an unopened item a customer had making person toss it in barrel and then take out the prohibited item after person went through. I took a picture from inside scanning area and was told that "taking pictures is prohibited for security purposes" and I told person to call supervisor and we would discuss. TSA agent did not bother getting up out of his chair.

I have had bags damaged and airline says it is not their fault because TSA searches bags and TSA says they are authorized to search bags for security reasons. Breaking a handle is "searching"?