Gee, I thought long voting lines were evidence of

Perhaps you've seen or read about the long lines for early voting today, in several States.

In Ohio, when that happened, Dems cried "disenfranchisement"! early and often.

Until 2007. The new Governor, Ted Strickland is a Democrat. The 2007 elections here were very lengthy (whatever party controls the Governor's Secretary of State is in overall charge of the elections.).

The lines in 2007 were long indeed - many results normally reported in the evening were delayed until the following day. Or more.

Yet, the Dems (who were in control), did not utter the D-word.

Can it be true, that standing in line is no longer considered as an assault on a citizen's right to vote?

Given that this is a landslide and everyone is voting for Obama, I'm sure they realize standing in line is something they just need to get used to.

Standing in line for health care.

Standing in line for soup.

Standing in line for free money.

(Oh, relax you whiney bitches. :devil: )

Given that this is a landslide and everyone is voting for Obama, I'm sure they realize standing in line is something they just need to get used to.

Standing in line for health care.

Standing in line for soup.

Standing in line for free money.

(Oh, relax you whiney bitches. :devil: )

your disclaimer reads like a car ad :D

" Sorry Peg, your childrens root canal can be done in 14 months. But we can make half you car payment before the drilling!"

Perhaps you've seen or read about the long lines for early voting today, in several States.

In Ohio, when that happened, Dems cried "disenfranchisement"! early and often.

Until 2007. The new Governor, Ted Strickland is a Democrat. The 2007 elections here were very lengthy (whatever party controls the Governor's Secretary of State is in overall charge of the elections.).

The lines in 2007 were long indeed - many results normally reported in the evening were delayed until the following day. Or more.

Yet, the Dems (who were in control), did not utter the D-word.

Can it be true, that standing in line is no longer considered as an assault on a citizen's right to vote?

Please clarify: These alleged former cries of disenfranchisement -- were they referring to long lines for early voting or on election day? (Your observation that the "results" were delayed implies the latter.)

Please clarify: These alleged former cries of disenfranchisement -- were they referring to long lines for early voting or on election day? (Your observation that the "results" were delayed implies the latter.)

The former cries were not alleged. They were made. It was for Election Day voting.

This rush of early voting is something new. In OH, of the 600,00 new registrations so far this year, 200,000 or so have been deemed questionable - wrong addresses, mis-matches with driver's lic. and so forth.

The former cries were not alleged. They were made. It was for Election Day voting.
Don't you agree that there's one rather important difference between being stuck in an impossibly long line for early voting, vs. on Election Day?

This rush of early voting is something new. In OH, of the 600,00 new registrations so far this year, 200,000 or so have been deemed questionable - wrong addresses, mis-matches with driver's lic. and so forth.
Yes, the voter registration system is not perfect, especially when compounded with actual fraudulent registration activity. It is up to the dedicated workers at the polling stations to screen out un-registered voters from illegally casting their ballot(s).

Is that a joke. I think the long lines are an affront to the democratic process. The media has covered this and scrutinized it heavily.

Reform on the voting process is being demanded and promised. This is an outrage and people are rightly outraged by it.

This can be accreditted to the national registration database that went online in 2006 and requires that all name information match your identification EXACTLY.

So, if you're listed in the database as David P. Stevenson, Jr. (because of key-in typos, etc) and your drivers liscence lists you as Dave Stephenson, then there's "questionable" information abound.

This can be accreditted to the national registration database that went online in 2006 and requires that all name information match your identification EXACTLY.

So, if you're listed in the database as David P. Stevenson, Jr. (because of key-in typos, etc) and your drivers liscence lists you as Dave Stephenson, then there's "questionable" information abound.

:P Tell me you're kidding.

I don't even meet that standard. Even though I use my middle initial for all legal documentation, people almost never enter it into computer systems that way no matter how much I pressure them. I understand the requirement for an exact match - I support it in principle, even. But if you're going to enforce that at the point of use, you had better !@#$ing well enforce it at the source as well. :wallbash:

I don't even meet that standard. Even though I use my middle initial for all legal documentation, people almost never enter it into computer systems that way no matter how much I pressure them. I understand the requirement for an exact match - I support it in principle, even. But if you're going to enforce that at the point of use, you had better !@#$ing well enforce it at the source as well. :wallbash:

I wish I was kidding- the data base has caused serious problems, especially in Ohio. As if the "juniors" and middle initials didn't complicate things enough, some folks don't match up because of basic typos on the parts of those entering the names into the system. That's some real BS.

I wish I was kidding- the data base has caused serious problems, especially in Ohio. As if the "juniors" and middle initials didn't complicate things enough, some folks don't match up because of basic typos on the parts of those entering the names into the system. That's some real BS.

I can't even believe someone would be dumb enough to architect a system like that. Enforcing data input standards on the output side?

That could ONLY be a federal standard. Nothing that stupid could come from any other source.

Is it really that tough to get people to enter D.C. Tom instead of D. Tom?