Positively shocking!!!!!!

It may very well be that they were stealing the pumpkins. However, I do know that two pumpkin patches that I have been to in the Raleigh area with my kids over the years both had boxes where you could pay by the honor system if you showed up after hours.

:nana:

Ya... That's it... Honor system box... :lol:

Now... If that was an Obama sticker... :wallbash:

"Spread the pumpkins around!"

:lol:

Why spend all the money on signage?... The just don't work and are not worth the expense.

I really have to agree with this. Take the presidential race out of the equation. The local races are just embarrassing. You can't drive down any road or through any intersection without seeing dozens of signs, all lined up next to and around each other. No message. Just "Elect (Fill in the Blank)" I'd like to meet one person...just one person...who was driving down the road, saw a sign and thought "You know, I really need to vote for that person. That's a helluva sign."

What an eyesore.

Ah, whistfully....sign stealing.... a rite of passage. Electrocution isn't normally part of that equation, but it will make him stronger and hate Republican's even more! :lol:

Something like a small-time crook getting busted only leads the criminal to hate police more and become stronger?

Ah, whistfully....sign stealing.... a rite of passage.

Agreed with this. Back in '84 we were pretty fired up to reelect The Man (saw him in Fairfield, CT 3 weeks before the election). Anyway, there were these stupid hippies living about a mile away and I had to drive by their house all the time and see this giant Mondale sign nailed to a tree right on the road. One night I just didn't want to see it anymore so I hit the brakes, popped the hatchback, hopped out and ripped that sucker right down. :lol:

Agreed with this. Back in '84 we were pretty fired up to reelect The Man (saw him in Fairfield, CT 3 weeks before the election). Anyway, there were these stupid hippies living about a mile away and I had to drive by their house all the time and see this giant Mondale sign nailed to a tree right on the road. One night I just didn't want to see it anymore so I hit the brakes, popped the hatchback, hopped out and ripped that sucker right down. :lol:

You're old.

At least dad didn't help you.

Agreed with this. Back in '84 we were pretty fired up to reelect The Man (saw him in Fairfield, CT 3 weeks before the election). Anyway, there were these stupid hippies living about a mile away and I had to drive by their house all the time and see this giant Mondale sign nailed to a tree right on the road. One night I just didn't want to see it anymore so I hit the brakes, popped the hatchback, hopped out and ripped that sucker right down. :devil:

Back-n-da-day, there was never a problem about left-over signs festering on the roadsides.

Kids would retrieve the cardboard to draw on or make whatever, and the thin wooden stakes were readily converted to swords. On Saturday after Election Day, my block was like a medieval war camp. :D

On Saturday after Election Day, my block was like a medieval war camp. :devil:

If someone had asked me to bet "Who spent their childhood in medieval war camps?"...

"Verily, you children, will thouest fain to remove thine-selves from mine pasture!"

Back-n-da-day, there was never a problem about left-over signs festering on the roadsides.

Kids would retrieve the cardboard to draw on or make whatever, and the thin wooden stakes were readily converted to swords. On Saturday after Election Day, my block was like a medieval war camp. :devil:

You still have your Lincoln/Douglas Debate flyer?