• Warlocks
    • Wizards
    • Poltergeists
    • Bigfoot
    • UFO's
    • Aliens

Boo!!

Share your Scary stories

At a party many years ago I was in the backyard talking to a chick I wanted to :lol: and there was field behind this house and we both saw something off in the distance that looked like a luminous man digging in the field. When I pointed it out to her she turned white and I wanted to go out there but the field was muddy as hell and the guy throwing the party didn't want to look for his binoculars.

I am an agnostic when it comes to such things. I do believe ghosts, aliens visiting earth, etc. are highly unlikely. I do believe in life on other worlds. I just don't think interstellar travel is practical. Science has inferred that 95% of the mass of the universe does not interact with the known universe, hence "dark matter." So obviously there's a lot to the universe that is yet to be explained. Maybe it's ghosts. Maybe it's other dimensions. Whatever it is is, it's still a mystery.

PTR

I do believe ghosts, aliens visiting earth, etc. are highly unlikely. I do believe in life on other worlds. I just don't think interstellar travel is practical.

I agree

I checked Aliens but not UFOs. There's most like life in other parts of the Universe, but I don't think they're flying to earth to mutilate cows and give rednecks an anal probe

Boo!!

Share your Scary stories

At a party many years ago I was in the backyard talking to a chick I wanted to :lol: and there was field behind this house and we both saw something off in the distance that looked like a luminous man digging in the field. When I pointed it out to her she turned white and I wanted to go out there but the field was muddy as hell and the guy throwing the party didn't want to look for his binoculars.

Were they serving mushrooms at the party?

My story: When my Mom first became a nurse around 35 years ago she was working in the emergency room and had to "monitor" a patient who was on his deathbed. She said she could see a shadow come across the rrom and feel the temperature drop until the shadow covered the guy in the bed and he died. She has since witnessed many people die as a nurse and has convinced me that there is more to it than your body just "shutting down". People on their deathbeds often begin talking to family members who have long ago passed away and talk about being with them soon.

Sorta related, but just off the main vein here . . .

Friend of mine works for a cemetery. High mucky-muck in management . . . Always says that it's not cemeteries that you need to be afraid of . . . no one dies in a cemetery. Take a Ouija Board to a hospital and it will drag you through the halls . . .

Years ago my wife and I were sitting together on the coach watching a movie when the TV turned off by itself. It was kind of wierd considering TVs usually don't turn off by themselves (this TV had never done it before or since). My wife got freaked out by it, claiming something "happened". I grabbed the remote and turned the TV back on and told my wife not to worry about it. An hour later the phone rang, it was my wife's sister calling us to tell her their grandfather had just died. My wife's grandparents helped raise them, and they were very close. I honestly think he was just stopping by to say goodbye.

People on their deathbeds often begin talking to family members who have long ago passed away and talk about being with them soon.

A few years ago my grandmother had a massive heart attack and was in the hospital in the ICU. She was in pretty bad shape from the heart attack, was hooked up to so many machines, and had all kinds of drugs being pumped into her system. So she was more unconscious than conscious. But every so often she would be in kind of a semi-conscious state and would start talking and rambling on about relatives that were long since dead :P

While she was in the hospital, the furnace at my grandparents went out. My parents and grandfather weren't going to bother worrying her about it given her condition. Then in one of her semi-conscious states, she starts rambling on about the furnace :wallbash:

And then she survived :wallbash: She always was a fighter

After that heart attack my parents wanted to put my grandparents in a nursing home. They were pushing 90, Grandma had a heart attack, Grandpa was starting to slow down, and both were starting to get confused more often.

But Grandma would have nothing to do with it. She was in and out of the hospital a couple times over the years and Grandpa gave us a scare later. So my parents finally got them into a nursing home (Grandma went kicking and screaming like a fighter). We didn't just dump her at the home, my parents were there a couple times a week and my brother and I were frequent visitors.

Grandma eventually passed :wallbash: and my Grandfather was in the nursing home by himself. My parents would visit him a couple times a week as would my brother and I whenever we were home from college. But you could tell he was lonely and heartbroken. Given his age and health, like anyone else in their 90s he would say things that sounded like his mind was drifting back a few years to the good old days.

About a year after Grandma died my parents were visiting my Grandfather. They would always ask him if any of the other relatives came to visit. He said that my grandmother had stopped by for a visit

He died a couple days later :(

Years ago my wife and I were sitting together on the coach watching a movie when the TV turned off by itself. It was kind of wierd considering TVs usually don't turn off by themselves (this TV had never done it before or since). My wife got freaked out by it, claiming something "happened". I grabbed the remote and turned the TV back on and told my wife not to worry about it. An hour later the phone rang, it was my wife's sister calling us to tell her their grandfather had just died. My wife's grandparents helped raise them, and they were very close. I honestly think he was just stopping by to say goodbye.

No disrespect meant by finding levity in a mis-spelling but I love the image of you and your wife sitting on the coach. :wallbash: That being said, you are probably right, he was making his presence felt one last time.