Congress getting involved with NFL games on TV

"The NFL’s application of its policy does nothing for NFL fans in Burlington, Vermont, Hartford, Connecticut, or Providence, Rhode Island, which the NFL does not consider to be part of the home market of the New England Patriots," the letter said.

Tell me this is not just because Pat Leahy can't watch his beloved Patriots.

"The NFL’s application of its policy does nothing for NFL fans in Burlington, Vermont, Hartford, Connecticut, or Providence, Rhode Island, which the NFL does not consider to be part of the home market of the New England Patriots," the letter said.

Tell me this is not just because Pat Leahy can't watch his beloved Patriots.

Could be.

Tip O'Neill was under heat in Massachutsetts when the basketball player Len Bias croaked because of cocaine. And the Dems were smarting over Pres. Reagan's popularity. So he and others of the Dem. congressional majority met in closed quarters for a few months, did not consult with the DOJ or the Courts, and sprung a "gotcha" drug bill on Reagan. The one that had the increased penalties for crack cocaine, now viewed as racist.

Reagan signed it, of course...that's how "gotcha" bills are - if he didn't, they would have made quite the stink about how Reagan was now soft on drugs and crime.

It's just been announced that the two presidential candidates plan to suspend their campaigns so they can get to Washington to fix this national crisis.

"Now is a time to come together -- Democrats and Republicans -- in a spirit of cooperation for the sake of the American people" said John McCain in a statement released this morning.

"It's my belief that this is exactly the time when the American people need to hear from the person will be the next president," the Democrat said in Clearwater, Florida. "It is going to be part of the president's job to deal with more than one thing at once. It's more important than ever to present ourselves to the American people."

Barack Obama told reporters at a rally in Ohio, "If there were ever a time for both candidates to hold a debate before the American people about this serious challenge, it is now," he added.

BREAKING NEWS

It's just been announced that the two presidential candidates plan to suspend their campaigns so they can get to Washington to fix this national crisis.

"Now is a time to come together -- Democrats and Republicans -- in a spirit of cooperation for the sake of the American people" said John McCain in a statement released this morning.

"It's my belief that this is exactly the time when the American people need to hear from the person will be the next president," the Democrat said in Clearwater, Florida. "It is going to be part of the president's job to deal with more than one thing at once. It's more important than ever to present ourselves to the American people."

Barack Obama told reporters at a rally in Ohio, "If there were ever a time for both candidates to hold a debate before the American people about this serious challenge, it is now," he added.

BREAKING NEWS

You got me, but I was able to delete in time. :lol:

Matty T for Propaganda Minister! :lol: