Losman

Really? I've never heard that before. Well put. While you're on break from making poetic and breakthrough statements like the one you've just made, can you do us all a favor and change your avatar?

Since I don't take breaks, I cannot fulfill your request. Appreciate the compliments and your attempt at a witty retort, attempt being the key word.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

minor correction. He said that it was difficult to get motivated after he came in to play in Arizona. Has he said that since then? Do we have any reason to believe that he was still having problems getting motivated after that game? Short of people wanting to believe the worst, there's no reason to think that he's being anything less than professional

I saw Trent Edwards sulking by himself on the bench during the Dolphins game. That to me means he was not motivated. Must be a coaching problem. Two unmotivated QBs.

Since I don't take breaks, I cannot fulfill your request. Appreciate the compliments and your attempt at a witty retort, attempt being the key word.

Really? Are you making fun of my attempt at a witty retort, with a considerably less witty retort of yourself? I don't mean to obsess, we're all Bills fans here, but I think I just wanted to get my point across to you that the avatar of yourself is really freaking me out, and I think the world would be a better place if you fixed it.

Two years after Montana left for Kansas City, and TEN years after Young first started a game for the USFL's L.A. Express.

Bledsoe went out in the second game of that season. Took Brady until his third start to finally throw his first NFL touchdown pass.

In 2006, the Cowboys were 3-3 when Romo was inserted into the starting lineup, and went 6-4 the rest of the way. Remarkable turnaround. And in Romo's only significant playing time as a backup that season, he threw 3 INTs in a loss to the Giants. Cowboys were down 12-7 at the half, and ended up losing that game by two touchdowns.

Reich started those two games, correct? Spent the week taking the first-team snaps, in other words?

Trent Green was injured in a preseason game, making Warner the opening-day starter.

So, none of the examples you mention involved someone trying to come of the bench during a game, after getting the (sparse) backup QB's reps during that week's practices. You may want to choose some different ones ...

Lori 1, Ignorant troll 0

I have a real problem with the Bills keeping J.P. Losman around after he clearly stated that "Its tough to prepare and get motivated to play" when he knows he's #2 on the depth chart. Do we really want a guy that has that mindset??? Yeah, he can be efficient, but he's not going to win us games on the last drive or control a game like Trent. This is the first time in years when I watch a game I'm not nervous and waiting for something bad to happen when the offense trots onto the field.

"Tough to get motivated"??? He knows he's not gonna play in Buffalo next year, but the guy should show that he is willing to prepare adequetly even though he is the #2, because he's a "PROFESSIONAL" athelete. With that attitude, he may be playing arena football next year. I say we should've traded him to K.C. or Detroit who need a QB for some draft picks and promoted Hamdan to the backup spot and resigned Craig Nall or someone else. If Trent goes down this year for even a few weeks, we are in trouble. Even against teams like K.C. and San Francisco, I'm not comfortable with Losman as the QB.

No, we really should only keep guys around who say "Gee, preparation is a breeze. Hell, I just sleep through the meetings and pray the first-stringer doesn't get hurt."

If you hate JP, that's fine. But don't try and justify it with nonsense like this. Preparation is tough in the NFL. And tougher yet for second-stringers who know that all that work isn't likely to be of any on-field use. Hell, how many of us have jobs that we consider easy?

You hate JP, got it. But it's an emotional thing, without any real basis. We have no problem dealing with irrational hatred.

Professionals are always ready to do their business. If you have a hang up being a professional, there are other jobs that pay substantially less.

OK, Skooby, where did JP say that he was not ready to do his business? And where did he say that he had a hang up being a professional? ... Waiting ...

OK, nowhere. So, why did you this when it has no bearing on what JP said. Again, irrational hatred is easy to understand, but not easily justifiable. Just don't try.

Did Steve Young prepare (Montana)...how about Tom Brady (Bledsoe)........Tony Romo (Bledsoe).............Frank Reich (Kelly; 1993 Playoff game).....Kurt Warner (Trent Green)

Did JP Losman prepare? Yes.

Again, where are you guys pulling all this stuff from? It's like you're responding to some fictional Losman quote that he never said. What is up with you?

JP is no diamond in the rough, he's been out there for us and has shown little growth whatsoever. The game is bigger than his mind can handle, he has the body for it but not the right mindset.

Do you think that when Kurt Warner first stepped on the field for ST. Louis back then that they knew he would be that good?? JP had plenty of time to get better and he played like he didn't get it. He still doesn't get it, nor will he ever get it.

It's been said a million times before, but one more time won't hurt. He had an excellent game right up to the time when it got totally away and the Bills were down by four possessions. At that time, he did start forcing things (as you would do down by so much with so little time left).

Throw in the preseason and you realize that in this system, JP is a damn good QB.

He had a bad fourth quarter. Gee, can you think of anyone else who had a bad fourth quarter lately?

The thing that amuses me about you who hate JP irrationally is that you all think you know the future. Which would make you a genetic freak.

He didn't say he's NOT preparing, he's saying that it's difficult to get motivated to do so.

I completely understand. Wouldn't it be hard for you to motivate yourself to do a job, knowing that there's a 95% chance that you won't actually have to do anything?

Not after I see the pay check they would give me.

It's been said a million times before, but one more time won't hurt. He had an excellent game right up to the time when it got totally away and the Bills were down by four possessions. At that time, he did start forcing things (as you would do down by so much with so little time left).

Throw in the preseason and you realize that in this system, JP is a damn good QB.

He had a bad fourth quarter. Gee, can you think of anyone else who had a bad fourth quarter lately?

The thing that amuses me about you who hate JP irrationally is that you all think you know the future. Which would make you a genetic freak.

I would say effective. JP can come in and manage a game for us if we have a lead or only down by a TD or two but there was no way hed come back in that AZ game and like you said after a while he was trying to make plays. As a fan i have a hard time faulting him for that with the game already out of reach

You know what pal? You seem overly motivated about your status as a message board member. Why don't you take a step back and stop posting for a while, read what other people have to say, then come back to this thread and realzie what a mistake it has been. The only thing you've established thus far is that JP Losman is not Tom Brady or "Frank Reich".

In a couple of months, you have settled right in here, haven't you?

JP is not a good qb & probably will never be a good qb in anybody's system. He just does not have the mental makeup & accuracy to succeed at this level. He may have a game here or there where he plays well, because he does have talent, but it will be nothing consistent & nothing I believe any team in the NFL is going to want to hitch their wagon to.

With that being said, noone knows what his mind frame is about being the backup. This is a stupid topic. If Edwards ever misses some length of time, we will know. Until then everybody is just speculating.

awesome, out of the hundreds of backup quarterbacks who got thrust into game situations, you pick a hall of famer, a future hall-of-famer, 2 pro bowlers, and possibly the greatest backup QB ever. nice selective choosing.

Who are you, JP's girlfriend?

And I disagree. You also said Willis McGahee would be a probowl RB anywhere but Buffalo, and I told you you were wrong then too. JP will never be better than an average QB, likely a career clipboard holder.