Other QB's have average to poor O-Lines

And yet they still are able to buy some time to get things done. Sometimes the QB even inspires the o-line to play above themselves, making journeymen look like a group of all-pros.

Anyone else get the impression that our o-line, to a man, just doesn't give a stevestojan about Bledsoe anymore, if they ever did? That they are now half-assing it because they simply don't care if DB get's sacked or not?

It's time for Drew to go. JP not healthy enough yet? Start Shane Matthews then.

And yet they still are able to buy some time to get things done. Sometimes the QB even inspires the o-line to play above themselves, making journeymen look like a group of all-pros.

Anyone else get the impression that our o-line, to a man, just doesn't give a stevestojan about Bledsoe anymore, if they ever did? That they are now half-assing it because they simply don't care if DB get's sacked or not?

84081[/snapback]

Just saw two of Deadsoe's ints on sports center. Deadsoe's qb skills are a cancer

on this team.

Requirement #1 for the Bills to improve: can Deadsoe and his defeatist attitude.

I had the Cleveland-Philly game on the other TV. Watched Jeff Garcia, 3 years older than Bledsoe, roll out and make plays left and right. The OL of Cleveland is terrible. The Browns took Philly into OT because they had an ATHLETIC QB who can make plays and raise the level of the team around him.

McNabb isn't too shabby himself. :blush:

84081[/snapback]

Excellent post, ive said this for years now. Who are all those 1st round o-lineman on the Broncos? Yet they cranked out 1000+ runners like nothing.

Indys line is nothing special (except for Tarik Glenn), NE's line is nothing special, Phillys line is nothing special (excpet for Tra Thomas)

84081[/snapback]

No. :blush:

84081[/snapback]

There are several problems on this team, but DB is far and away #1 IMO.

You talk about QBs who inspire and get the O-line to play above themselves. There are QBs that take an entire team on their back, defense included. Teams that know they always have a chance to win because of who's under center. Our team palys below themselves. Everyone is just waiting.

How many of you were yelling NOOOOOOOO!!!!! as soon as the endzone pick left his hand? Everyone is just waiting.

DB is the antithesis of that I am sad to say. He doesn't lift the D. He doesn't lift the O-line. He doesn't lift the WRs. Keyrist! How many throws a game will he lay out a receiver? Give them abosolutely no chance for YAC? Miss a wide open receiver because he's focused on one player? Turn a receiver into a DB?

DB is the antithesis of JK, Montana, Young, Simms, Favre and on and on and on and on and on and on. It pains me to say that, it really does. DB is one hell of a nice guy, he's honest, civic minded, family oriented. He feels like crap. He feels like he owes us something, and he can't deliver the goods anymore.

Once JP is helathy it is time for change. JP, Evans, McGahee--let's see how good this line is with those three performing.

And one other thing. Tom Clements sucks. JP isn't playing yet, someone should inform Clements. :blush:

Did you watch how much time McNabb has to throw the ball? 4-5 sec! I believe the reason that the Browns stayed in the game is becuse their run game was working real well....maybe it is the running backs....or maybe they have a HUGH FB who can block for their running game.

Did you watch how much time McNabb has to throw the ball?  4-5 sec!  I believe the reason that the Browns stayed in the game is becuse their run game was working real well....maybe it is the running backs....or maybe they have a HUGH FB who can block for their running game.

84117[/snapback]

My point exactly, who are the 1st rounders that make up that line? Tra Thomas is the only one. I, for one, am not sold on the thought that we dont have the talent on the o-line. It doesnt make sense to me that other teams do so well with virtual no names but WE must get 5 studs. Whether it makes sense to me or not, I dont care, Im pushing for us to sign studs anyway, but I feel on any other team this line would be adequate as far as talent goes.

My point exactly, who are the 1st rounders that make up that line? Tra Thomas is the only one. I, for one, am not sold on the thought that we dont have the talent on the o-line. It doesnt make sense to me that other teams do so well with virtual no names but WE must get 5 studs. Whether it makes sense to me or not, I dont care, Im pushing for us to sign studs anyway, but I feel on any other team this line would be adequate as far as talent goes.

84127[/snapback]

Not saying we need 5 first rounders...or any first rounders...we need guys who can play. Using undrafted FA for your OL cannot be a good sign. More importantly, passing up good OL in the 2 or 3rd round to draft depth is also inexcusable. The Bills OL in the Kelly era did not have many first rounders....but they could play because their QB demanded it....and because the coaching staff demanded it.

Did you watch how much time McNabb has to throw the ball?  4-5 sec!  I believe the reason that the Browns stayed in the game is becuse their run game was working real well....maybe it is the running backs....or maybe they have a HUGH FB who can block for their running game.

84117[/snapback]

On the first play of the game, McNabb was pressured up the middle, he stood in the pocket and took a helmet right to the chest.....and completed a 40+ yard pass. If that were Bledsoe, he'd duck his head, take the sack, and wouldn't bother looking downfield.

As for the Browns, I saw them yesterday, and a few weeks ago vs. Pittsburgh - and their OL is indeed as bad as ours if not worse. Garcia makes plays avoiding the rush. Somewhat like Flutie, only better and not a locker room cancer.

Certainly you are right Gavin, but there are also differing degrees of being "poor."

Drew was horrible yesterday, but he played a better game than Mike Williams. They showed replay after painful replay of his opponent smashing Drew after 3 seconds. How about that LG? Tucker at OC? They was eaten up this week.

I am statring to think that it matters little who is worse, Drew or the OL. TD is the man responsible for this mess. He brought us lousy coaches and Mike Williams. He had a chance to trade Travis for something decent. What is he worth now?

I hope MaGahee continues to improve, because Steinbach could be our starting LG with a year under his belt. He gave away an all but certain top 5 pick, for a qb that will have to line up behind this mess and is very likely to get crushed, and soon.

The Bills need strong leadership and strong players. Their offense is a weak unit, with Fat Mike, Jennings ala Cart, etc. Someone should remind MM that you cannot play "smashmouth" football without blocking, and when you have a RB who CAN play football, you start HIM, not a lesser player.

Because of the MW contract, the cap future may not look so bright either. In any event yes, Drew played poorly, but he did so for a poorly run football team.

Change....it's the only thing that's going to make a difference.

And the change has to start with Drew...lord, haven't we been beating this horse since last year??? 5-15 in the last 20 games....folks that sucks and I don't know of any other big name QB who has been that crappy.

Even Drew freakin Brees has more wins over that time period, so does Josh McKown.....

I don't understand the support for a guy who doesn't get the job done. Plain and simple.

84081[/snapback]

Until JP is ready,

I don't see why putting Matthews in is that big of a problem.

If he sucks worse than Drew, just put Drew back in.

Certainly you are right Gavin, but there are also differing degrees of being "poor."

Drew was horrible yesterday, but he played a better game than Mike Williams. They showed replay after painful replay of his opponent smashing Drew after 3 seconds. How about that LG? Tucker at OC? They was eaten up this week.

I am statring to think that it matters little who is worse, Drew or the OL. TD is the man responsible for this mess. He brought us lousy coaches and Mike Williams. He had a chance to trade Travis for something decent. What is he worth now?

I hope MaGahee continues to improve, because Steinbach could be our starting LG with a year under his belt. He gave away an all but certain top 5 pick, for a qb that will have to line up behind this mess and is very likely to get crushed, and soon.

The Bills need strong leadership and strong players. Their offense is a weak unit, with Fat Mike, Jennings ala Cart, etc. Someone should remind MM that you cannot play "smashmouth" football without blocking, and when you have a RB who CAN play football, you start HIM, not a lesser player.

Because of the MW contract, the cap future may not look so bright either. In any event yes, Drew played poorly, but he did so for a poorly run football team.

84138[/snapback]

Bill, seriously, I know we dont agree about this but Gheez...Steinbach for McGahee?

Why not blaim the personnel department for not seeing the signs with McGee and saving the money spent on Vincent? I, for one, am growing fond of McGee. The guy can play!

The money not spent on Vincent could have gone to sign Woody and probably another second tier G. That would have meant Woody, Villarial, and say Cosey Coleman in the same offseason!

Im growing even more weary of drafting high round o-lineman, too many years to grow. I want production now. Let someone else train them, we seem to do a pretty bad job of it anyways.

The only exception to my dont draft a o-lineman high opinion is LT. Too many teams have proven that a stud LT can make a big impact. Sea, Stl, Indy, Philly to name a few.

We dont have to worry about a high 1st in next years draft anyways, cut Drew and take his cap savings to the "I want starting quality o-lineman" bank. Im saying 2 at least could come from Drews cap savings.

Bill, seriously, I know we dont agree about this but Gheez...Steinbach for McGahee?

Why not blaim the personnel department for not seeing the signs with McGee and saving the money spent on Vincent? I, for one, am growing fond of McGee. The guy can play!

The money not spent on Vincent could have gone to sign Woody and probably another second tier G. That would have meant Woody, Villarial, and say Cosey Coleman in the same offseason!

Im growing even more weary of drafting high round o-lineman, too many years to grow. I want production now. Let someone else train them, we seem to do a pretty bad job of it anyways.

The only exception to my dont draft a o-lineman high opinion is LT. Too many teams have proven that a stud LT can make a big impact. Sea, Stl, Indy, Philly to name a few.

We dont have to worry about a high 1st in next years draft anyways, cut Drew and take his cap savings to the "I want starting quality o-lineman" bank. Im saying 2 at least could come from Drews cap savings.

84167[/snapback]

If Drew is cut, his bonus will accelerate. It might actually cost monet to cut him before 6/1, I do not know. As for Williams, he would cost millions to cut before 6/1, so much, that it might make sense to try him at OG as Mark suggested.

Btw, I am not down on the MaGahee pick. The Bills, contrary to what we thought, needed a running back, and WM looks good. I just will never understand the philosophy of overlooking blocking.

If Drew is cut, his bonus will accelerate. It might actually cost monet to cut him before 6/1, I do not know. As for Williams, he would cost millions to cut before 6/1, so much, that it might make sense to try him at OG as Mark suggested.

Btw, I am not down on the MaGahee pick. The Bills, contrary to what we thought, needed a running back, and WM looks good. I just will never understand the philosophy of overlooking blocking.

84200[/snapback]

The thing about Bledsoe is that he magnifies just about every mistake the O-line makes. Kelly's O-line was never perfect, but Jimbo could cover up their mistakes by making plays.

Look at how much better the line looks with McGahee playing instead of Henry. McGahee has the speed to get outside and the power to drag blockers after contact.

Henry runs straight ahead, and if the hole isn't there, he lacks the elusiveness to bounce the run. Also, his injuries this year have prevented him from making yards after contact.

So the line looks better with McGahee in there than with Henry.

The line hasn't played all that great, but there has to be intense pressure on them to play perfectly for Bledsoe and Henry to be effective, because these two guys can't compensate for their mistakes.

I had the Cleveland-Philly game on the other TV.  Watched Jeff Garcia, 3 years older than Bledsoe, roll out and make plays left and right. The OL of Cleveland is terrible. The Browns took Philly into OT because they had an ATHLETIC QB who can make plays and raise the level of the team around him.

McNabb isn't too shabby himself.  :blush:

84094[/snapback]

That's tha game I got here. I have to hand it to the Browns - me and just about everyone else gave them up for dead this season - but they haven't given up.

The OL will look immensely better when JP replaces Bledsoe just as NE's OL did when Brady replaced Bledsoe and Flutie replaced Johnson. Look at the OLines accross the league. They are littered with journeymen who seem to find a way to get it done. It is not the Oline's fault they can't block 7 rushers and Bledsoe just ducks and goes to ground. Look at every line across the league and you'll see Bledsoe behind those lines would be just as bad.