Keep TD, owner like Steinbrenner, HC Like

JP-era

Never in a million years would have Steinbrenner allowed this team to suck for the last decade.

Never in a million years would Parcells let Drew tell the media that this is his team and he is the QB as long as hes here after throwing 4 ints and a fumble. Parcells would have benched his ass after 2 ints.

Accountability has been and continues to be one of the big problems on this squad.

Soft owner, fairly tough GM, and soft HC = very little accountability

I am flabergasted at Drew for labeling himself the QB for as long as hes here. What frikkin audacity.

I want heads to roll for Drews comments. I see absolutely NO reason to continue to start Drew after our 7th loss. We would then be out of the playoffs. I dont care if he played like McNabb all year I still would say start our future QB when your out of the postseason.

Im telling you, this may be the move that does it for me and makes me wash my hands of this team until they make HUGE changes and gut the front office, HC, and maybe the owner. If Drew starts when we are out of the playoffs, I will be pissed. That just proves that there is no accountability, this team supports non performing prima donnas, that we are too slow to change and too unwilling to bench players. Thats a huge indication of severe accountability problems.

Drew should have acted like the humblest guy on earth after that joke of a performance, now I want him gone!

I'm still trying to decipher the title of this thread :blush:

84070[/snapback]

Sorry, on second thought it is a bit confusing.

I meant to say that for the Buffalo Bills to win a Super Bowl, it will probably take:

A owner like Steinbrenner- Demanding guy who demands wins or makes changes

A Head Coach like Parcells- Demanding guy who demands wins or makes changes

Donahoe as our GM- A guy who makes good sound personnel moves and always seems to have decent drafts and offseasons. Id like a GM who is demanding but I feel TD is already pretty demanding and that there isnt really anyone better that I can think of.

A owner like Steinbrenner- Demanding guy who demands wins or makes changes

84093[/snapback]

Oh, you mean like Daniel Snyder?

A Head Coach like Parcells- Demanding guy who demands wins or makes changes

84093[/snapback]

What's Dallas' record again?
Donahoe as our GM- A guy who makes good sound personnel moves and always seems to have decent drafts and offseasons. Id like a GM who is demanding but I feel TD is already pretty demanding and that there isnt really anyone better that I can think of.

84093[/snapback]

I'd agree with that.

The issues of this team fall directly on the shoulders of TD. He has neglected the O-line for so long that ANY QB would fail. You cannot continue to believe that JP would fare any better...the coaching has be ineffective too...but without a GM who addresses the needs of the team before he addresses his ego and projects, we will be a 3-4 win team.

The issues of this team fall directly on the shoulders of TD.  He has neglected the O-line for so long that ANY QB would fail.  You cannot continue to believe that JP would fare any better...the coaching has be ineffective too...but without a GM who addresses the needs of the team before he addresses his ego and projects, we will be a 3-4 win team.

84106[/snapback]

I do in fact feel that JP would do better. JP has the ability to evade the rush and buy extra yarsd with his feet. If he does this well, any defense will feel that they must layoff the rush or they will get burned. Adding this dimension to our O will make everyone better. The o-line wont have to work as hard (they wont rush as much), The opposing D will have to leave someone behind to shadow JP (that means someone is now open), JP should have more time to throw (with a scaled back pass rush), the running game should be better with less people in the box.

As for our o-line, I agree, my call is for us to cut Drew next offseason and pick up 2 young studs for the o-line.

I do in fact feel that JP would do better. JP has the ability to evade the rush and buy extra yarsd with his feet. If he does this well, any defense will feel that they must layoff the rush or they will get burned. Adding this dimension to our O will make everyone better. The o-line wont have to work as hard (they wont rush as much), The opposing D will have to leave someone behind to shadow JP (that means someone is now open), JP should have more time to throw (with a scaled back pass rush), the running game should be better with less people in the box.

As for our o-line, I agree, my call is for us to cut Drew next offseason and pick up 2 young studs for the o-line.

84121[/snapback]

So why did we let Flutie go and keep RJ? Seems if that is all it takes, we would have kept DF and not RJ. I do not think that TD believes the OL is that bad...that is my fear.

So why did we let Flutie go and keep RJ?  Seems if that is all it takes, we would have kept DF and not RJ.  I do not think that TD believes the OL is that bad...that is my fear.

84125[/snapback]

I was waiting for a JP = RJ post.

Your letting your true colors show. Fact is RJ could scramble too but couldnt do anything else and when he did scramble he got hurt just about every time. RJ sucked but he could scramble.

Hindsight is 20/20, we probably would have done better keeping Flutie. I really dont care its in the past.

JP has Drews arm as far as strength better accuracy than any of our last 3 QB's, scrambles better than RJ (not quite as good as Flutie), and has the hard ass attitude of Jim Kelly. Thats the potential that I see, he needs to get on the field and prove all that but that seems like a damn good mix for any QB to have!

I was waiting for a JP = RJ post.

Your letting your true colors show. Fact is RJ could scramble too but couldnt do anything else and when he did scramble he got hurt just about every time. RJ sucked but he could scramble.

Hindsight is 20/20, we probably would have done better keeping Flutie. I really dont care its in the past.

JP has Drews arm as far as strength better accuracy than any of our last 3 QB's, scrambles better than RJ (not quite as good as Flutie), and has the hard ass attitude of Jim Kelly. Thats the potential that I see, he needs to get on the field and prove all that but that seems like a damn good mix for any QB to have!

84137[/snapback]

The funny thing is that I see it as JP=DF and DB=RJ and we went with RJ and DB because TD is dilussional that this OL is good.