i want YOUR thoughts?

That trade was idiotic, almost certainly engineered by Jones. Wade like guys who can rush the passer. He would never have given up this much for a receiver, especially before a draft that is said to be perhaps one of the best ever.

Not only that, they already have 3 losses, an injured qb, and play in probably the strongest division. Those picks might be higher than they anticipated. Totally stupid trade imo.

Evans is a very good receiver. I don't know if he is of the very top tier, but he was certainly worthy of the extension the Bills gave him because of his value to this team. How would they replace him if they let him walk? Besides, other players will soon earn more and his contract won't seem as big.

A friend of mine and I were arguing on Sunday about the following:

I said that there is NO WAY IN HELL that I would have traded for Roy Williams, giving up what Dallas gave up.

And...

He claims that Lee Evans is not a Top-Flight WR in the NFL. He says Evans is not worthy of a #1 spot, and that all he can do is go deep. No jukes or spin moves, no ups for jump balls...etc. My friend said Lee Evans is NO WHERE near as good as Santana Moss, Laverneus Coles or Steve Smith. He then went on to say, he would rather have Randy Moss RIGHT NOW, on the Bills roster, instead of Lee Evans.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

Would you have traded a 1st, 3rd, 6th and 7th for WR Roy Williams?

And...

Is Lee Evans skilled enough to be a legit #1...is he as good as Santana Moss and Steve Smith? (Other studs, his size).

And...

Who would you rather have on the Bills, RIGHT NOW...Lee Evans or Randy Moss?

First thing is to get your friend into rehab. That's more important right now. After recovery if he still insists on these ideas then send him back.

I would have traded no more than a 4th rounder for Williams.

Evans is just starting to scratch the levels of his talents. Having TE will do wonders for his career and will end it for him as being one of the greats!

IMO this is the most important question. If he is then who cares if someone else is a bit better or worse.

LE so far this season(7 games) = 31-637-3(projects out to 71-1456-7)

LE last 2 games = 15-205-1(projects out to 120-1640-8)

LE over 6 TE games = 29-537-2(projects out to 77-1432-5)

No matter which way you look at it, LE is producing at a #1 WR level.

FWIW, his stats are extremely similar to Smiths & S.Moss

What's amazing to me on those stats is he could potentially reach 1,400 yards on only 71 catches. :flirt:

You could have saved all of us a lot of time by just saying you're friends with VABills.

:angry:

Tell her you can't be her friend anymore.

If that's a slap at female fan knowledge you need to read a lot of the women's posts here and start with Lori. :worthy:

I Suppose your friend never saw that one handed shoulder catch by Evens in the SD game.

It's hard to see through a crack induced haze.

first of all all you need to do is look at my sig and you'll see Lee Evans stats for this year...hes in the top 10 in the NFL and top 2 in the AFC..This has a lot to do with the fact that Lee has Trent Edwards throwing to him and finally the coaches are useing Freddy and Lynch in the passing game, added with a tall WR in Hardy also on the field...your friend has to understand thats there's a difference between a #1 WR and a "Elite" WR..right now R. Moss and T.O are elite WR's(with huge egos)...other than those 2 I cant think of any other "elite" WR's playing at this time..don't even try to add #85 to the list..he's a #1 WR with a big ego and thats it...I think Lee is a #1 that hasnt been able to benefit from any "real" help in the WR corp and has been hampered by the QB shuffle the past 5 years...Reed is a very good #3 not a #2 WR and Parrish has been way under-utilized and Losman tries to throw to Lee 90% of his throws(this is not factual, just my opinion)...most defenses dont pay attention to our WR corp and double up on Lee..with no "real" #2 WR(hopefully Hardy changes this) and no recieving TE, Lee has had a harder time getting his yards/catches...With Lee Evans #'s this year and if Buffalo adds a recieving TE and Hardy steps up next year you'll see a lot more ppl looking at Evans as top notch WR..right now everybody overlooks him because he's a Buffalo Bill.

I'm wondering if Jones brought in Williams incase he decides to dump T.O...this way he has a #1 WR on the roster...I cant think of any real reason why you would spend a #1 and #3 on another #1 WR when they'r going to be needing a CB/S to replace Pacman and a few other spots need help also...I actually thought they were looking good with recievers like T.O and Whitten...but we all know how Jones likes to spend his money

I wouldn't trade that for Jerry Rice in his prime. That was a stupid deal and one of the many reasons that Jerry Jones is a terrible owner.

Evans is a number one receiver- he has been pretty productive this season without much help at the other WR positions other than Reed. I wouldn't say that he is a dominant #1 WR, and he may never be. He has proven to be good enough to be a primary target though, which I didn't think he was capable of.