Joe the Plumber thinks vote for Obama = Death of Israel

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again.....something I am totally missing here....

Why in the world would any one listen to a plumber on International Issues?

That is like me campaigning for Obama......why should anyone listen to me?

because the RNC and the McCain campaign are using "Joe the Plumber" to reach "Joe 6-Pack" in order to reinforce their message(s).

check out their response to the Death to Israel comment by Joe...

"While he's clearly his own man, so far Joe has offered some penetrating and clear analysis that cuts to the core of many of the concerns that people have with Barack Obama's statements and policies," RNC spokesman Jeff Sadosky said. "Whether it is Obama's willingness to sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, or his plans to redistribute the paychecks of hardworking Americans, there is good reason to question the judgment that Obama would bring to the Oval Office."

because the RNC and the McCain campaign are using "Joe the Plumber" to reach "Joe 6-Pack" in order to reinforce their message(s).

check out their response to the Death to Israel comment by Joe...

"While he's clearly his own man, so far Joe has offered some penetrating and clear analysis that cuts to the core of many of the concerns that people have with Barack Obama's statements and policies," RNC spokesman Jeff Sadosky said. "Whether it is Obama's willingness to sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, or his plans to redistribute the paychecks of hardworking Americans, there is good reason to question the judgment that Obama would bring to the Oval Office."

It's actually a rather intelligent strategy. Joe can say whatever he wants without the GOP paying for it because he's technically not part of the campaign, but whenever he says something worthwhile to the party they can rally behind it.

It's actually a rather intelligent strategy. Joe can say whatever he wants without the GOP paying for it because he's technically not part of the campaign, but whenever he says something worthwhile to the party they can rally behind it.

oh yeah, I wasn't questioning the validity of 'why'. They can distance themselves, embrace his ramblings, or dance in the middle, like the response above.

Once again.....something I am totally missing here....

Why in the world would any one listen to a plumber on International Issues?

That is like me campaigning for Obama......why should anyone listen to me?

Because he's a "victim".

Hey, people think we should listen to the families of Manhattan firefighters on urban planning and architectural issues because of 9/11. Cindy Sheehan somehow became a military strategist and foreign affairs expert because her son died in Iraq. Victims have insight that trumps actual subject kinowledge. Victims are heros. We listen to heros. This is America, get with the program here.

Meeting with enemies of the United States is a threat to Israel? What, was Israel named our 51st state when I had my back turned?

Meeting does not mean conceding anything- meeting with our enemies could benefit Israel

Not really. In the eyes of the media, no matter what their bias, the McCain/Palin campaign owns that guy. They invoke his name at every rally and all the surrogates plug his name. McCain can no more run from Sam the non-plumber than he can from Palin.

And therein lies yet another example of the questionable decision-making process of John McCain. They grabbed this guy, propped him up without really checking on him, and now he's theirs. He made a stupid statement yesterday on their behalf and all the McCain surrogates had to address what he said, backpedal a bit from the Joe the Plumber campaign rhetoric and explain that "nope, he really doesn't speak for us" even though he's mentioned in every speech and is on the campaign trail. Plus, not only did they have to address what this nut said, Obama's real position with respect to Isreal was made front and center for part of the news cycle as the calendar flips closer to election day. Really, we're witnessing one of the worst-run campaigns in history.

Do we really want that level of incompetence running this country? Do we really want John McCain, who is currently oh-for-two on vetting people (and I'm not even counting all the campaign surrogates who are no longer allowed to set foot in front of a camera), choosing people in a cabinate? Do we really want John McCain making important decisions?

"I believe we do have to speak with our enemies"

--John McCain's hero General Patreus.

The difference that liberals always ignore when trotting this out is that people like Patreaus (and REAGAN!) believe that when you DO sit down, the first thing you do is slap down your Colt .45 on the table.

The problem is, you libs dont want to do that, for fear of "offending" the other party and replace that figurative "gun" with a tube of KY.

Not really. In the eyes of the media, no matter what their bias, the McCain/Palin campaign owns that guy. They invoke his name at every rally and all the surrogates plug his name. McCain can no more run from Sam the non-plumber than he can from Palin.

And therein lies yet another example of the questionable decision-making process of John McCain. They grabbed this guy, propped him up without really checking on him, and now he's theirs. He made a stupid statement yesterday on their behalf and all the McCain surrogates had to address what he said, backpedal a bit from the Joe the Plumber campaign rhetoric and explain that "nope, he really doesn't speak for us" even though he's mentioned in every speech and is on the campaign trail. Plus, not only did they have to address what this nut said, Obama's real position with respect to Isreal was made front and center for part of the news cycle as the calendar flips closer to election day. Really, we're witnessing one of the worst-run campaigns in history.

Do we really want that level of incompetence running this country? Do we really want John McCain, who is currently oh-for-two on vetting people (and I'm not even counting all the campaign surrogates who are no longer allowed to set foot in front of a camera), choosing people in a cabinate? Do we really want John McCain making important decisions?

What really bothers me about all this is the incredibly dumbed downness of it all. Joe the plumber, Sally the secretary, Dick the Douche bag, etc. Oh, and Tito the Builder. This and "Evil Doers" and bad guys. It's like Bush ran the government and only explained what he was doing as if he was talking to 3 year olds. It just grates on the ears.