4 those who say we dont need schobol.

K-Gun10

Id like to see our D get more aggresive. I havent seen a snot bubble hit all season out the defensive side of the ball.

Dane Looker of the Rams may disagree with you after he met McKelvin. But I agree with your point, we need to get more aggressive.

Dane Looker of the Rams may disagree with you after he met McKelvin. But I agree with your point, we need to get more aggressive.

What we need is an intimidating free safety that is going to punish and strike fear into the hearts of our opponents. We haven't had that around here since Mark Kelso retired.

I wouldn't call Ellis a bust yet. He just isn't going to be an 'immediate impact' type of guy. With him being a middle 3rd round pick, I don't think that the coaching staff has expected him to be a contributor yet. Otherwise, they wouldn't have had 4 DE's already on the roster besides Ellis. At the beginning of the season, we had Schobel, Kelsey, Denney & Bryan all on the active roster.

Interestingly enough, we just added another DE to the practice squad this week in Marcus Smith, who played the other end of the line at U of AZ with Copeland Bryan at OLB. 6'5, 295lbs.

IMO, in a rotational system he should have at least seen some snaps.

Here is a breakdown of the three DE's taken before and after Ellis.

Jacksonville - 2nd Round (52) Quentin Groves, 8 tck, 1.5 scks, 1 Forced Fumble, 0 Int.

Tennessee - 2nd Round (54) Jason Jones, 15 tck, 1.5 sk, 0 FF, 0 Int.

Miami - 3rd. Round (66) Kendall Langford, 14 tck., 2 sck., 0 FF, 0 Int.

Buffalo - 3rd. Round (72) Chris Ellis No playing time.

Philadelphia - 3rd Round (80) Bryan Smith No playing time.

Detroit - 3rd Round (92) Cliff Avril, 8 tck., 1.5 sck., 1 FF, 0 Int.

Green Bay 3rd Round (102) Jeremy Thompson, 4 tck., 0 sck, 0 FF, 0 Int.

So five out of six of those guys have seen at least some field time except for Bryan Smith and that doesn't bode well.

IMO, in a rotational system he should have at least seen some snaps.

Here is a breakdown of the three DE's taken before and after Ellis.

Jacksonville - 2nd Round (52) Quentin Groves, 8 tck, 1.5 scks, 1 Forced Fumble, 0 Int.

Tennessee - 2nd Round (54) Jason Jones, 15 tck, 1.5 sk, 0 FF, 0 Int.

Miami - 3rd. Round (66) Kendall Langford, 14 tck., 2 sck., 0 FF, 0 Int.

Buffalo - 3rd. Round (72) Chris Ellis No playing time.

Philadelphia - 3rd Round (80) Bryan Smith No playing time.

Detroit - 3rd Round (92) Cliff Avril, 8 tck., 1.5 sck., 1 FF, 0 Int.

Green Bay 3rd Round (102) Jeremy Thompson, 4 tck., 0 sck, 0 FF, 0 Int.

So five out of six of those guys have seen at least some field time except for Bryan Smith and that doesn't bode well.

ITS 7 GAMES INTO THE SEASON, MY GOD.

Are you out of your !@#$ing mind that 7 games into his first season he's a bust? Holy crap.

It's not that the Bills don't need Schobel. They need someone BETTER than Schobel.

Yes. I recall after the DT signings that this would be a great year for Schobel.

Buffalo is much better against thye run, but still has no pass rush and Schobel has 1 sack so far.

The Bills are going nowhere without a pass rush. IMO, both DE positions need an upgrade, but that

doesn't seem likely given the huge contracts for both D-Ends. that Marv gave them.