Could you say the Titans are the 85 Bears?

Because we use 1st round draft picks on DBs.

Well, since 2001, the titans have spent 4 #1 picks on DBs.

I'm not sure why they are unbeaten. They've spent very little draft equity on the DL, drafting only albert haynesworth back in 2002 in the 1st round.

I'm not sure why they are unbeaten. They've spent very little draft equity on the DL, drafting only albert haynesworth back in 2002 in the 1st round.

Well, that sucks. Suddenly my world doesn't seem so safe and secure. :P Any chance you're wrong?

Ah, but there is a difference. When the ball is snapped, the Bills defense retreats. The Titans defense attacks.

Ah, but there is a difference. When the ball is snapped, the Bills defense retreats. The Titans defense attacks.

I wouldn't say retreat, but I'd say that they stand there and wait for the play to happen and then react. I haven't seen them attack an offense in a long time, and at this point in a season, it'd be nice to see.

I wouldn't say retreat, but I'd say that they stand there and wait for the play to happen and then react. I haven't seen them attack an offense in a long time, and at this point in a season, it'd be nice to see.

There things - stability,stability, stability...The same head coach since they moved here. Same defensive system. Practically the same offensive system for 5 years since Heimerdinger came back. Lots to be said for that. But more than anything the HC has some cajones.

Also same OL scheme since what seems like the Stone Age...

We can look forward to that in 2012 after Jauron's new deal expires.

The Colts could have easily won the game yesterday. At 14-6 it's a field position game. I can understand the 4th and 1 try. The run was a smart call. Unfortunately the Colts OL was slow to pick up their blocks. But why would you go for it at 4th and 2 with a low percentage play. I would have even tried to draw the DL offsides and take the delay of game. The smart money there is to punt and have them drive the entire field. It was still 14 all at that point, at least I think it was...at worse it was 17-14 Titans.

The Colts just played and coached bone headed last night.

C

It really is great to talk about this stuff with you R-Man!!! :nana: Here ya go, starting (as you did) at 2002:

DE:

Titans:

1st - 0

2nd - 3

3rd - 0

4th - 2

5th - 2

6th - 1

7th - 3

Bills:

1st - 0

2nd - 2

3rd - 1

4th - 0

5th - 0

6th - 0

7th - 1

DT

Titans:

1st - 1

2nd - 0

3rd - 1

4th - 1

5th - 2

6th - 0

7th - 1

Bills:

1st - 1

2nd - 0

3rd - 1

4th - 0

5th - 2

6th - 1

7th - 0

OL

Titans

1st - 0

2nd - 1

3rd - 0

4th - 2

5th - 2

6th - 1

7th - 3

Bills:

1st - 1

2nd - 0

3rd - 0

4th - 1

5th - 2

6th - 1

7th - 4

So there you have it. In addition to selecting better players, which team has devoted more draft resources to both lines?

It really is great to talk about this stuff with you R-Man!!! :nana: Here ya go, starting (as you did) at 2002:

DE:

Titans:

1st - 0

2nd - 3

3rd - 0

4th - 2

5th - 2

6th - 1

7th - 3

Bills:

1st - 0

2nd - 2

3rd - 1

4th - 0

5th - 0

6th - 0

7th - 1

DT

Titans:

1st - 1

2nd - 0

3rd - 1

4th - 1

5th - 2

6th - 0

7th - 1

Bills:

1st - 1

2nd - 0

3rd - 1

4th - 0

5th - 2

6th - 1

7th - 0

OL

Titans

1st - 0

2nd - 1

3rd - 0

4th - 2

5th - 2

6th - 1

7th - 3

Bills:

1st - 1

2nd - 0

3rd - 0

4th - 1

5th - 2

6th - 1

7th - 4

So there you have it. In addition to selecting better players, which team has devoted more draft resources to both lines?

Actually, take a look at the day 1 (rounds 1-3) numbers. Those are where you can reasonably expect to to get "good" players. Buffalo and tennessee are roughly the same. Tennessee actually has had a higher bust rate of DBs selected than the bills have, as only 1 of the 4 drafted is still with the team. My point was that drafting high DBs isnt going to sink a team.

Actually, take a look at the day 1 (rounds 1-3) numbers. Those are where you can reasonably expect to to get "good" players. Buffalo and tennessee are roughly the same. Tennessee actually has had a higher bust rate of DBs selected than the bills have, as only 1 of the 4 drafted is still with the team. My point was that drafting high DBs isnt going to sink a team.

Absolutely right. Our busts unfortunately were Williams and McCargo.

Absolutely right. Our busts unfortunately were Williams and McCargo.

Those picks have hurt us big time. And i'll still stick by the fact that what has done in the bills has not been picking DBs early (which, you have to admit, we are remarkably good at) but has been an overall lack of early picks on the OL, from rounds 2-4. But remember, of tennessee's 2nd round DE picks, 2 are no longer with the team. (odom and laboy signed elsewhere as FAs last offseason, both receiving contracts almost matching kelsay's)

Here's the million dollar question. If Tennessee were playing with the Bill's personnel, would their defense be better than the Buffalo coached defense with the same players?

Here's the million dollar question. If Tennessee were playing with the Bill's personnel, would their defense be better than the Buffalo coached defense with the same players?

That is the million dollar question. I'd hedging my bet that the injuries are the reason that the defensive scheme is changing. We saw a completely different defense in some of the early games. But some players should be coming back soon, liek McGee, etc. If we get players healthy and the defensive kitty-footing continues, its time to look to the coaches.