In the category of life is more entertaining than fiction

Ummmm, ok. So rather than pay $7.45 she'll pay $500. That better have been one of the best sandwiches she ever had. What a dumbass.

A jail official says she was released Monday from the St. Lucie County Jail. She is charged with obtaining food or lodging with intent to defraud, a second degree misdemeanor. If convicted of a second degree misdemeanor she could face up to 60 days in jail and a fine of $500.

Perhaps she's a bum, who got a free night of housing (and evidently, a free meal before) in the county lockup. My brother is retired from the NF police force. And saw such for decades.

You can't get 500 bucks out of a stone. If she subsequently goes into the clink, it might be 3 meals and a place off of the street for her.

Perhaps she's a bum, who got a free night of housing (and evidently, a free meal before) in the county lockup. My brother is retired from the NF police force. And saw such for decades.

You can't get 500 bucks out of a stone. If she subsequently goes into the clink, it might be 3 meals and a place off of the street for her.

Ah, the old Three Hots and a Cot... sounds like a DC bum maneuver. I knew a few officers who use to tell me that the Bums would do something to get arrested when the weather got cold so they would be fed and have a safe place to sleep????