Sammy's iPod

ieatcrayonz

I decided to try an experiment on Sammy. Everyone knows how cranky he can be, but for a while there it was getting really bad. EVERYTHING anyone would say to him caused him to snap back with something nasty. Often, these were quotes from songs used in in a mean way.

When I couldn't take it any more I threatened to take away his iPod. Oh man did that ever piss him off. He literally threatened to kill me where I stood if I took it. He looked serious. Usually he threatens to kill me in my sleep.

Anyway, I decided to do something the other night. When he was sleeping I took his iPod and had the Googlebot re-wire it so the left Ear bud said "R" and the right Ear bud said "L". Gradually but increasingly he has become nicer and nicer. I don't know how far to take this experiment.

I doubt very much that this re-wiring is the cause of Sammy's mood change. Probably just a coincidence.

I am curious though to know what kind of stuff Sammy has on his ipod. Mostly Norwegian death metal is my guess.

It definitely has something to do with the mood change. The change is stark. Sammy is past the point of being too nice. He is the total opposite of himself but seems happy.

Anyway, Sammy's iPod has every song ever recorded. This includes anything recorded this morning by a garage band in Fiji. The Googlebot whipped up a little program which senses sound waves, differentiates them from stuff that is already on the iPod, categorizes them and suggests songs Sammy may like based on his past and evolving listening tendencies. I just checked and Norwegian death metal is pretty far down his list, just above a genre known as "Northwestern Drum and Bugle". Who knew?

If I had to venture a guess, I suspect the new mood is likely transitory, unfortunately.

Sammy's foul mood may have evolved from listening to music that was recorded far to loud and with very little dynamic range. Add this to the poor sound of the iPod, and you can see why Sammy was getting irritable. Your recent clandestine switcheroo has resulted in some relief, as the sound is "different" than it was previously, and the pressure has been relieved from Sammy's microscopic brain. But, it won't be long before that pressure builds again, as you haven't fixed the cause, merely adjusted it, temporarily.

I really hope I am wrong about this, but don't count on it. Try getting Sammy some fine analog recordings, played through a relatively high quality source, and through some comfortable open-air headphones (you don't need to spend a fortune, a decent set of Sennheiser's should do the trick). That should address the core of the problem, and relieve the symptoms totally.

If I had to venture a guess, I suspect the new mood is likely transitory, unfortunately.

Sammy's foul mood may have evolved from listening to music that was recorded far to loud and with very little dynamic range. Add this to the poor sound of the iPod, and you can see why Sammy was getting irritable. Your recent clandestine switcheroo has resulted in some relief, as the sound is "different" than it was previously, and the pressure has been relieved from Sammy's microscopic brain. But, it won't be long before that pressure builds again, as you haven't fixed the cause, merely adjusted it, temporarily.

I really hope I am wrong about this, but don't count on it. Try getting Sammy some fine analog recordings, played through a relatively high quality source, and through some comfortable open-air headphones (you don't need to spend a fortune, a decent set of Sennheiser's should do the trick). That should address the core of the problem, and relieve the symptoms totally.

Snob.

:P

Dude I called it an iPod so that the masses would understand what I was talking about. Do you know of any iPod that has the capacity to hold all music ever recorded? A person of my means has access to things you can't imagine. Your concerns are quite unfounded. Companies send me their new technology three generations early and the Googlebot integrates them all into an optimized environment. He uses the best of analog and digital in his own format called digilog. It really is astounding.

I do appreciate your concern for Sammy. Thanks.

P.S. Sensheiser is an idiot.

Dude I called it an iPod so that the masses would understand what I was talking about. Do you know of any iPod that has the capacity to hold all music ever recorded? A person of my means has access to things you can't imagine. Your concerns are quite unfounded. Companies send me their new technology three generations early and the Googlebot integrates them all into an optimized environment. He uses the best of analog and digital in his own format called digilog. It really is astounding.

I do appreciate your concern for Sammy. Thanks.

P.S. Sensheiser is an idiot.

I suspect the compression issues, and the dynamic range problems remain. The iPod isn't the major problem in that system, merely a contributor. The new technologies do not necessarily, or even regularly, make for better sound reproduction. I think Sammy's mood swing is fairly decent proof, that there is a bugaboo in your system.

I suspect the compression issues, and the dynamic range problems remain. The iPod isn't the major problem in that system, merely a contributor. The new technologies do not necessarily, or even regularly, make for better sound reproduction. I think Sammy's mood swing is fairly decent proof, that there is a bugaboo in your system.

Keep in mind that what I call "new technology" will not be known as "new technology" to the general public until at least June 2024. They in fact do make for better sound, but it is not "reproduction" at all. It involves the actual molecules and sound waves being used and re-used through time based fluctuations created by the device I am calling an "iPod".

Keep in mind that what I call "new technology" will not be known as "new technology" to the general public until at least June 2024. They in fact do make for better sound, but it is not "reproduction" at all. It involves the actual molecules and sound waves being used and re-used through time based fluctuations created by the device I am calling an "iPod".

Based on that description, I'm guessing it sounds like s#it, especially to Sammy. his behavior is a good clue.

I think that the left headphone was overmodulating his abdullah oblongata which does lead to general overall crankiness. Switching sides apparently balanced things out, but now continued listening is leading him on the other direction. Unless something is done soon I think that Sammy will turn into a pu$$y within a weeks time.

To give him the proper balance have the bot channel verses spoken by Obama into the right/left channel and Palin into the left/right channel. Force Sammy to listen to this combination non-stop until next Tuesday.

how is carl taking sammy's new attitude change?

Good question. Carl is shutting Sammy out. When Sammy was nasty, Carl wanted to get nasty. Now that Sammy is more mild mannered, Sammy is less appealing I guess. It doesn't seem to be bothering Sammy too much.

Not really. He's just nice. I think Carl has become accustomed to Sammy's edginess and is having a difficult ime with him being thoughtful. These things tend to work out over time.

Don't come crying to me when you find Carl wearing the pants in that family.