This Board is Completely Bi-Polar

CJPearl2

I've never seen a group who get the highest of highs (why isn't the national media saying we are the best team ever?) after a win, and the lowest of lows (same old thing, this team sucks, Whitner blows..etc..) after a loss.

16 game season. We aren't going to win them all. We are 5-2 and tied for first place. Last year at this time we were 3-4.

NFL road games are tough. We have a lot of injuries. Everyone take a deep breath and settle down. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Agreed.

What troubles me though, about this game and the Arizona game, is Fewell. In both games he was either incapable or unwilling to make changes to the defense, to stop or contain what was working for the other offense. This was just a bad day for Buffalo's offense and that is going to happen to every team during the season. When Buffalo's defense is working against an opponent, that's one thing. But when teams like Arizona and Miami have big offfensive games, Fewell has shown little or no ability to make changes to the defensive scheme. Miami's receivers were WAY too open, WAY too many times. Let's remain cautiously optimistic that Fewell will learn to make adjustments to his defense. That's what elevates a defense from good to great.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a group who get the highest of highs (why isn't the national media saying we are the best team ever?) after a win, and the lowest of lows (same old thing, this team sucks, Whitner blows..etc..) after a loss.

16 game season. We aren't going to win them all. We are 5-2 and tied for first place. Last year at this time we were 3-4.

NFL road games are tough. We have a lot of injuries. Everyone take a deep breath and settle down. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I thought we were schizophrenic

Philly, you saw the game the same way I did. It really came down to those 3 main reasons you mentioned. Mcgee , Trent , and the O-line subs at the end.

I disagree. The offensive line wasn't just a problem "at the end." It was a problem all game long. At no point during that game did the offensive line provide even a modest amount of pass protection with any consistency. On passing downs, the line looked like it had a loooooong way to go to even be considered "average."

The run game was its usual feast or famine self, albeit with a few more feasts than we're used to seeing this season. (Which isn't saying much.) The offensive line was clearly the single biggest reason for this loss, even more than McGee.

You point to Trent as one of the three factors in the loss. But exactly how is a quarterback supposed to look when he isn't getting any pass protection, and he doesn't have any receiving options other than Evans? Reed was out, Royal dropped three passes, and Hardy is clearly too raw to be a consistent part of this offense. Lynch also dropped a key pass. Despite having been let down across the board by his supporting cast, Edwards still passed for 227 yards. Only one turnover was legitimately his fault. (The others were either the Royal fumble, or else directly resulted from extremely poor offensive line play.)

There were some things Edwards could have done better, but overall he produced more, given the circumstances, than I would have expected from most other quarterbacks. If you're looking for the three main factors for the loss, I'd certainly cross Edwards off your list, and in his place put "injury to Reed + very poor play by the guys who should have stepped up to provide threats other than Evans."

Yea

I was 5 rows back in the endzone and I could see daylight the whole way to me on that screen play.

At the half I couldn't billieve that that Bills still had the lead after such a poor half. I thought for sure if anything is a sign of a win that would be. Touchdown at the beginning of the half... Just alot of dumb mistakes that made the Bills look unorganized.

Beast Mode should have ran that 3rd and 1 for a TD not Jackson. If anyone is wondering who our #1 RB should be, wonder no more. Jackson is put into special situations to succeed. Lynch grinds the rest of the time.

Lynch's bad ankle made the Bills one dimensional and forced Edwards to pass almost every down on a pass protection ready Dolphins. Because they were only rushing 3, completions were few and tough.

Major reasons

1. Lynch not 100% forced Edwards to play too much of a role.

2. Bad situation for Edwards caused Turn overs.

3. Turn overs and inability to finish caused poor field position the whole game.

4. Coaching was Sub-Par at best.

5. PayMe Peters petulant protest put him far behind the rest of the team and the league in conditioning and general game-readiness. Fat Boy is showing why he's not worth a penny more the the Bills are paying him now, as his selfish holdout continues to cost himself and the team. Guy can't run-block for schit, and he places Edwards in a perilous position on every down.

Holcomb - I love your passion.

You know, you are right about Josh Reed's injury. I skipped his injury as an issue by mistake. Him not being available to give Trent more comfortable options was a factor. Hardy MUST STEP UP NOW!

Disagree to your point on our O line not playing well at all and being the single reason why we lost. When I landed yesterday from Ft Lauderdale here in Philly (BTW Bills fans, you think we feel like we always get boned. Dont speak to a PHILLIES fan right now), I called my brother in Buffalo and we discussed how the O-Line went south when Fowler came in. turns out that on the TE interception, I believe Whittle got hurt on the play. Duke moves to guard and the O line went down hill from there. I can not tell you how vivid it was prior to Whittle's injury. the O-Line played well. i keyed in on Peters, he did dominate Porter up to the safety that to my grave was caused by an incorrect blocking assignment delivered by the Center, Fowler.

If you were in the stands, you would have witnessed Trent missing open receivers and receivers dropping passses (marshawn on the Screen Pass). I am not bashing Trent. I am a huge fan of his. What I am saying is that all of this adds up to a game we gave away. We were not dominated by any means. It was just one of those games, a game that I feel very stongly we will make up in New England, yes New England.

And Look, tip your cap to the Miami D. Not dominant, effective vs the "spread" - spread because of the 4, 5 options TE has available to pass to. Miami for the most part won the chess match as to when they were dropping 8 folks in to pass coverage.

I will say this again, we gave this game away and I think a game like this can leap frog this young team forward and not have them regress from it.

I call it the Chicke Little complex. It does get humorous.

Every year I factor in 1 loss from each AFCE rival, no matter what their record is.

When you play the same team as frequently you learn their habbits, which are then easier to defend agaisnt.

I disagree. The offensive line wasn't just a problem "at the end." It was a problem all game long. At no point during that game did the offensive line provide even a modest amount of pass protection with any consistency. On passing downs, the line looked like it had a loooooong way to go to even be considered "average."

The run game was its usual feast or famine self, albeit with a few more feasts than we're used to seeing this season. (Which isn't saying much.) The offensive line was clearly the single biggest reason for this loss, even more than McGee.

You point to Trent as one of the three factors in the loss. But exactly how is a quarterback supposed to look when he isn't getting any pass protection, and he doesn't have any receiving options other than Evans? Reed was out, Royal dropped three passes, and Hardy is clearly too raw to be a consistent part of this offense. Lynch also dropped a key pass. Despite having been let down across the board by his supporting cast, Edwards still passed for 227 yards. Only one turnover was legitimately his fault. (The others were either the Royal fumble, or else directly resulted from extremely poor offensive line play.)

There were some things Edwards could have done better, but overall he produced more, given the circumstances, than I would have expected from most other quarterbacks. If you're looking for the three main factors for the loss, I'd certainly cross Edwards off your list, and in his place put "injury to Reed + very poor play by the guys who should have stepped up to provide threats other than Evans."

All I can suggest is to try watching it again if you can stomache it. Trent had plenty of time to throw for the majority of the game. If you see a play with a 3 step drop, the ball needs to come out on rhythm, and it didn't in many cases. I love TE as our QB. He just showed to be human afterall for the 1st time this year.

All I can suggest is to try watching it again if you can stomache it. Trent had plenty of time to throw for the majority of the game. If you see a play with a 3 step drop, the ball needs to come out on rhythm, and it didn't in many cases. I love TE as our QB. He just showed to be human afterall for the 1st time this year.

I agree with all of this, but there should have been more running. There seemed to always be 6 defensive backs on the field. I doubt that Trent has seen much of this look, let alone without Josh Reed.

The Bills had a decent lead and did nothing with it. Jauron was outcoached as much as the players were outplayed, perhaps more.

I agree with all of this, but there should have been more running. There seemed to always be 6 defensive backs on the field. I doubt that Trent has seen much of this look, let alone without Josh Reed.

The Bills had a decent lead and did nothing with it. Jauron was outcoached as much as the players were outplayed, perhaps more.

Agreed.

Bi-polar..... Not me.... I have been consistent saying I want to see that big big game from Trent, see a more aggressive defense (more takeaways) and 4 quarters of football, not 4th quarter comebacks, which are fine but we can't count on every week.

Nothing has changed outside it finally caught up to us Sunday....

Bi-polar..... Not me.... I have been consistent saying I want to see that big big game from Trent

You just can't get over JP can you? A "big big game? Lol! The SD game didn't cut it, huh? :P Trent, in a rough outing, threw for 227 yds. JP topped this mark all of 4 times in his 5 year career. This would have been a monumental outing for him.

You just can't get over JP can you? A "big big game? Lol! The SD game didn't cut it, huh? :P Trent, in a rough outing, threw for 227 yds. JP topped this mark all of 4 times in his 5 year career. This would have been a monumental outing for him.

Where do you get JP???? Yes I wanted to see him succeed and he has not. I am happy with Trent but still want to see that big big game. He has all of 5 TD's this year. He has played well, just not as great as some are saying.

09/07 SEA 19-30 215 1 0

09/14 JAC 20-25 239 1 0

09/21 OAK 24-39 279 1 1

09/28 STL 15-25 197 1 1

10/05 ARI 3-3 18 0 0

10/19 SD 25-30 261 1 0

10/26 MIA 21-35 227 0 1

You want me to start complaining that he has less TD passes then almost every other QB in the NFL???? I won't but will bring it up when I say I want to see a little more.

Check the stats of QB's this year vs. San Diego, Cutler, Delhomme (no Steve Smith and on the road), Pennington, Brees, Favre & Even Jamarcus Russell had very good stats against them. At home they only handled Matt Cassell...... Actually Edwards game vs. San Diego was one of the worst vs. SD this year with only 24 points scored if we want to be negative.

Um...er...uh...Bill? Was JP ever even mentioned in this thread?

(Psst...I think it's you that just can't get over JP! :blush: )

The problem is some of the people here act like every other fan of every team. Its denial, we say we are the best fans in the league and we stick by our guys no matter what, its bull chit. Just like every other team we bash our guys when they lose and praise them when they win. What does everyone really expect from this team? Ask yourself that question.

Is a W good enough or should we have killed Miami. Are we that good of a team to even do that yet?

Can we impose are will on the better teams in the league yet? look at the predictions from the beginning of the year, with the exception of the Senator how were we going to go 12-4 or 10-6 without losing?

I was at the game on Sunday and I heard the Bills fans saying "we suck" "trent sucks" blah blah blah. I wasnt surprised but as soon as Trent throws that next TD and carries us to a W that same fan will be saying "I told you Trent was the man for this team."

This is a message board and people are free to purge their thoughts, thats the beauty of being an American. Why people get so annoyed when they Whitner is terrible, peters is fat and lazy (news flash he is a OL man, he is supposed to be).

Does this make them any less of a fan because they complain? Absolutely NOT. Its there right as a Bills fan to piss and moan and criticize.

In simpler terms this place isn't Bipolar, its a message board. If we all agreed on every last detail we would be Mike and Mike in the morning.