What's the opinion of Miami now?

Tipster19

Speaking honestly I have been impressed with their Defense for some time now. having directv i switch back and forth btween other AFC east teams during commercials or after the Bills are done. Miami's D really sticks out from the TV as compared to any other unit in the AFC East. Statistically I'm not sure how they rank up, but they are hardhitting, swarming to the ball etc. Porter is having a sick year. We just allocated a boatload of money on Defense to 2 DE's who are probably avg to slightly above avg on most teams. This kinda makes me upset.

They are on the rise for sure. We gave them that game yesterday.....but they are on the rise. That wildcat crap they run dont get them anything. It didnt do anything yesterday thats for sure. Im still waiting for a DB to lay the wood on Pennington when he's lined up as a WR......

They are on the rise for sure. We gave them that game yesterday.....but they are on the rise. That wildcat crap they run dont get them anything. It didnt do anything yesterday thats for sure. Im still waiting for a DB to lay the wood on Pennington when he's lined up as a WR......

Are you kidding? They must have averaged 6-7 YPC on the Wildcat runs.

Fish have beaten both division leaders this year. It'll be a dogfight to win the AFC East and make the playoffs. All 4 teams are in it.

The outcome of yesterday's game was what I was concerned with. Losing to them and the Patriots and Jets winning now has this division all bunched up. Initially the Patriots were going to be our biggest obstacle but now this whole division could be .500 against each other. We need to answer the bell in these next 2 weeks or we'll be in a nice little hole.

They're an improving team. They're definitely not the crappy team they were last year.

I still feel we beat ourselves and gave the game away.

[/quote

I concur.

I wonder if it was a case like the '90 superbowl team. A case of overconfidence, and maybe a couple of cases of something else

I posted back about Miami being a dangerous team and got promptly flamed for it. I'm wondering what the opinion is on the morning after. I see most of the threads today are bashing our players but I haven't noticed too much mentioning the play of the Dolphins.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...=68797&st=0

Not much different from Saturday.

Honestly, I was not especially impressed.

We have all seen Chad enough to know that a game like that from him was an aberration. Every aspect of the Bills team underperformed yesterday. However, given the following:

1. Pennington and Ginn having career games

2. No Schobel and, therefore, no pass rush

3. No Josh Reed for most of the 2nd half

4. A totally reshuffled OL by the 4th quarter

5. Probably the worst overall Special Teams we have seen (except for Lindell)

6. Turning over the ball on 5 straight 4th quarter possessions (counting the safety as a "turnover")

7. Trent having probably his worst game, since being named starter

8. The Dolphins, as Chad Pennington admitted after the game, realizing that this game was their season

9. A horribly coached game all the way around (abandoning the run, not pulling McGee, playing DBs 10 yards off the WRs, etc)

If I had told you that all of these things would be true, you would have figured a blowout loss -- rather than a game that was undecided until the final few minutes.

I hope the coaches burn this tape and just move forward. The team played probably their worst game of the year (even worse than in the Cardinals game, where they were clearly simply outclassed) against a team that played probably as well as they are capable of playing. Nothing more.

They are really well coached. Sparano is making the most of the talent he has.

Love your sig line. <_<

And I agree. The Fins are a much better coached team than we would like to believe. I don't see them in the playoffs this year, but they're definitely a competitive team.

Honestly, I was not especially impressed.

We have all seen Chad enough to know that a game like that from him was an aberration. Every aspect of the Bills team underperformed yesterday. However, given the following:

1. Pennington and Ginn having career games

2. No Schobel and, therefore, no pass rush

3. No Josh Reed for most of the 2nd half

4. A totally reshuffled OL by the 4th quarter

5. Probably the worst overall Special Teams we have seen (except for Lindell)

6. Turning over the ball on 5 straight 4th quarter possessions (counting the safety as a "turnover")

7. Trent having probably his worst game, since being named starter

8. The Dolphins, as Chad Pennington admitted after the game, realizing that this game was their season

9. A horribly coached game all the way around (abandoning the run, not pulling McGee, playing DBs 10 yards off the WRs, etc)

If I had told you that all of these things would be true, you would have figured a blowout loss -- rather than a game that was undecided until the final few minutes.

I hope the coaches burn this tape and just move forward. The team played probably their worst game of the year (even worse than in the Cardinals game, where they were clearly simply outclassed) against a team that played probably as well as they are capable of playing. Nothing more.

absolutely right. i think yesterday was an opportunity lost. we went up 16-7 to open the third, then surrended 16 straight points. i have to believe the stats are against you if you surrender a pick, three fumbles, and a safety. the bigger question to me is---were the pcik/fumbles/safety the result of what the fins did, or the result oh what we did?

stating the obvious, i think yesterday was a pretty poor day for us performance-wise. when i revisited the Az game, i thought we ran into a team at the wrong time, and warner had a hot hand. yesterday, I saw 2 or 3 Pennington passes that were lame ducks, the kind you'd think a first rate corner might have the opportunity to pick and where mcgee wasn't even in the picture. trent's first sack was reminiscentof the type of thing losman is fairly derided for----holding the ball too long. all that said---we had a legitimate shot to actually win the game up to the point where trent fumbled on the keeper. to be playing crappy ball and still be in it near the end says something about your team. unfortuantely, when you hang your hat on come from behind victories, sooner or later you're going to miss one.

keeping things in perspective, i don't fear the dolphins coming to play at RWS. they are an improved team, certainly, but you'd hope the lackluster performance yesterday won't be repeated later on. also--not sure if any of us saw the bills going 13-3, or 12-4----so developing teams have days like this.

go bills.

I posted back about Miami being a dangerous team and got promptly flamed for it. I'm wondering what the opinion is on the morning after. I see most of the threads today are bashing our players but I haven't noticed too much mentioning the play of the Dolphins.

Miami is improved no question...Their Defense plays REAL hard and their Offense is tricky at times...that being said the Bills absolutely GAVE that Game away...This was nothing like the Arizona game where they got their asses handed to them...Not saying Miami did not play hard...But come on...The Bills are down 4 points in the 4th Quarter and are already in FG Range...Our QB inexplicably stretches the Ball out for an extra Yard on the QB sneak (looks like he already had the 1st down???) and has the Ball knocked out of His hand??? That was not the only way the Bills gave this one away...Just the best example...This victory was gift-wrapped...

I still think Miami is the 4th best Team in the Division...They are better than last year, they play REAL hard, but they are greatly lacking in talent... <_<

Miami is a bit of a schizophrenic team at the moment. They are beating teams that they should lose to and losing to teams they should beat (sound familiar?). Sparano has them more disciplined and Pennington has been a big improvement over the last batch of QB's. They aren't deep in talent, but Fewell's defense allowed Ginn Jr. to have his "coming out" NFL game and that is troubling. Ginn has been a non factor up to this point and Fewell had no answers for him the entire game. I repeat, the ENTIRE game. Credit is due to Sparano and Henning (as much as it pains me to say it) for calling a solid game plan and credit is due to Pennington and Ginn for executing. Take away the big yardage from Ginn and their field position changes completely. Miami's running game was not a factor. The Bills played poorly in terms of not stopping Ginn, committing turnovers, penalties at crucial times and dropped balls. Miami played consistantly enough and had big pass plays at crucial points. Hard to win a game under those circumstances. Tighter coverage on the receivers and blitzing Pennington more may have changed the outcome of the game, but that didn't happen.

Let's chalk this one up to a sub par performance by the Bills and a well executed game by Miami. One thing you CAN expect from Miami is a more disciplined team with better execution. They still don't have a lot of talent and teams CAN keep Brown & Willams from chewing up yards and time. The Bills may have come into this game over confident and with good reason to feel that way based on the last few years VS Miami. Let's see what the Bills learned from this game and what happens when they meet again.