WARNING THIS IS VERY DISTURBING - SERIOUSLY

Steely Dan

THIS IS NOT A JOKE. THIS IS REALLY DISTURBING AND DON'T WATCH IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE SEEING DEATH.

THIS IS AN ARIAL VIEW OF A SAN DIEGO POLICE CHASE. EVERYTHING IS JUST SHOWN THROUGH HEAT SENSITIVE EQUIPMENT BUT STILL IS FAIRLY GRAPHIC.

That said, this guy just saved the taxpayers a lot of cash and I have no idea why he's still being a criminal if he knows the consequence of his actions.

It is becoming fairly routine in San Diego. Either these runners are stoned, drunk, desperate and / or stupid. The cops seem to be in a chase with these types most every day. I hear and see the police helicopters starting around 8:00 am, periodically through the day and especially before and after last call from 1:00 am to about 2:30 am. There doesn't seem to be much of a learning curve in regards to challenging and fleeing from the cops.

One of the other SD vids on the site of the stolen tank, was through a residential neighborhood, down a freeway and also resulted in death. The crimes are wild out here. From binational drug tunnels to stolen buses, stolen ambulances, home invasions, etc. The hit and runs also seem to be a weekly event. Also, the cops seem to use their weapons more...

It is becoming fairly routine in San Diego. Either these runners are stoned, drunk, desperate and / or stupid. The cops seem to be in a chase with these types most every day. I hear and see the police helicopters starting around 8:00 am, periodically through the day and especially before and after last call from 1:00 am to about 2:30 am. There doesn't seem to be much of a learning curve in regards to challenging and fleeing from the cops.

One of the other SD vids on the site of the stolen tank, was through a residential neighborhood, down a freeway and also resulted in death. The crimes are wild out here. From binational drug tunnels to stolen buses, stolen ambulances, home invasions, etc. The hit and runs also seem to be a weekly event. Also, the cops seem to use their weapons more...

[insert standard "at least Buffalo/WNY only has to deal with snow" comment]

Are you sure they are not the traffic helicopters from the three different news stations that all fly there own helicopters starting around and before 8:00am giving traffic updates, and then there are the fire fighter helicopters.

Are you sure they are not the traffic helicopters from the three different news stations that all fly there own helicopters starting around and before 8:00am giving traffic updates, and then there are the fire fighter helicopters.

Yep, them too! They are usually gathering B-roll along the coast. The copters that I am referring to are typically heading for Garnet Avenue where the banks and bars are located. Bank robberies by day, bankrupt minds by night.

[insert standard "at least Buffalo/WNY only has to deal with snow" comment]

As I write this I am in North Buffalo. Today, I went to a corner market at Hertel and North Park. On the front door was a hand written sign saying "No Hoodies". I joked with the cashier that we could use such signs in California. They didn't laugh. Not only are hoodies a fashion accessory of choice for robbery across the country but it has also become an indicator of which gang one belongs to.