Perspective

K-9

Some scores from previous Phins games:

9/16/90 @ Miami: Phins 30, Bills 7.

10/4/92 @ Buffalo: Phins 37, Bills 10

9/26/93 @ Buffalo: Phins 22, Bills 13

Marve used to trot out a great saying every now and then. "Act like you've been there."

After reading many of the posts in response to the loss yesterday, it's obvious many of our fans just haven't "been there" before. All this gnashing of teeth and the need to find "the reason" we lost is pathetic.

We were outplayed, outcoached, and made too many turnovers. That's all that needs to be said. Just an overall crappy game. Still, we were up 16-7 with 25 minutes to play. Hmm.

Instead of going all apoplectic why not just give Miami some credit, especially Pennington. Anyone think BEFORE the game that if we held the Phins to 50 some odd yards rushing that they would stand a chance to win? Hats off to Pennington. Hard as that may be for some it will make it easier to deal with.

Losses like this define teams far more than wins. It's all about how they respond to it. I choose to believe this will be one of those blessings in disguise games. And I say that believing we'll beat the Jests and lose to NE the following week. Losses like this serve to galvanize teams. Especially teams with talent and character, which the Bills have in enough key areas while waiting for it to develop in others.

5-2 with 9 games left.

We've been there before folks.

GO BILLS!!!

We lost to a less talented team because as you say, we were outplayed and outcoached. We might have been able to overcome one of those, but not both.

Crappy coaching.

Crappy offense.

Crappy defense.

The fact that it happened against our first divisional foe of the year makes it worse. I gotta admit, I'm feeling extra cranky today.

We lost to a less talented team because as you say, we were outplayed and outcoached. We might have been able to overcome one of those, but not both.

Crappy coaching.

Crappy offense.

Crappy defense.

The fact that it happened against our first divisional foe of the year makes it worse. I gotta admit, I'm feeling extra cranky today.

Are you more cranky today than you were the day after the above-mentioned losses to Miami in '90, '92, and '93?

GO BILLS!!!

Are you more cranky today than you were the day after the above-mentioned losses to Miami in '90, '92, and '93?

GO BILLS!!!

I'm 50 friggin years old and I'm cranky. On a good day I'm slightly less cranky than cincy. You expect me to be able to remember my degree of crankyness from the 90's? All you're going to do is increase my crankyness to obsecene levels! :sick:

Well, let's see...in 90 I had a 2 year old so I was cranky about his crankyness.

In 92 my wife was pregnant. Do I need to go further?

In 93 I was dealing with a 1 year old. Bottles/diapers/throw up. Makes me cranky just thinking about it.

I'm 50 friggin years old and I'm cranky. On a good day I'm slightly less cranky than cincy. You expect me to be able to remember my degree of crankyness from the 90's? All you're going to do is increase my crankyness to obsecene levels! :sick:

Well, let's see...in 90 I had a 2 year old so I was cranky about his crankyness.

In 93 I was dealing with a 1 year old. Bottles/diapers/throw up. Makes me cranky just thinking about it.

I'm feelin' ya. I'd take a thrashing from the Phins any day over a pregnant wife, a terrible two year old, and poopy diapers and puke on my Bills shirt. Anyday. LMAO!

Ironic how your crankiness brings so much laughter to the rest of us. Stay pissed, Beerball.

GO BILLS!!!

Perspective: The Bills are a good team with serious flaws. How they manage those flaws going forward will determine if the make the playoffs. I don't see this team winning a playoff game though.

PTR

Everything the talking heads said was true. This team won some easy games early. I could see Favre scorching this defense for 500 next week.

Ted Ginn?!?! REALLY?

Some scores from previous Phins games:

9/16/90 @ Miami: Phins 30, Bills 7.

10/4/92 @ Buffalo: Phins 37, Bills 10

9/26/93 @ Buffalo: Phins 22, Bills 13

Marve used to trot out a great saying every now and then. "Act like you've been there."

After reading many of the posts in response to the loss yesterday, it's obvious many of our fans just haven't "been there" before. All this gnashing of teeth and the need to find "the reason" we lost is pathetic.

We were outplayed, outcoached, and made too many turnovers. That's all that needs to be said. Just an overall crappy game. Still, we were up 16-7 with 25 minutes to play. Hmm.

Instead of going all apoplectic why not just give Miami some credit, especially Pennington. Anyone think BEFORE the game that if we held the Phins to 50 some odd yards rushing that they would stand a chance to win? Hats off to Pennington. Hard as that may be for some it will make it easier to deal with.

Losses like this define teams far more than wins. It's all about how they respond to it. I choose to believe this will be one of those blessings in disguise games. And I say that believing we'll beat the Jests and lose to NE the following week. Losses like this serve to galvanize teams. Especially teams with talent and character, which the Bills have in enough key areas while waiting for it to develop in others.

5-2 with 9 games left.

We've been there before folks.

GO BILLS!!!

Agree - every team lays an egg at some point during the year. Injury situation was also a huge factor for Buffalo.

I just hope the coaching staff learns from this one - I fault them more than the players. Not looking to go back to a Steve Fairchild discussion here but clearly Buffalo's offense was not prepared to face nickle and dime coverage for nearly an entire game. Also when it is first and goal to go at the four yard line and you want to call run, run, run guess what - Marshawn needs to be your guy. Remember last year he willed the ball across the goal line in "beast mode." Don't get me wrong I really like Fred Jackson but that was not the situation to deploy him.

On the defensive side Fewell had to recognize that Pennington historically wilts under pressure. Not sure why they were not aggressive with him.

Anyway, if we win the next two we are in excellent shape. This is a young team. They do seem to learn from their problem games. I'll be much more concerned if we lose either or both of the next two.

I'm 50 friggin years old and I'm cranky. On a good day I'm slightly less cranky than cincy. You expect me to be able to remember my degree of crankyness from the 90's? All you're going to do is increase my crankyness to obsecene levels! <_<

This explains all of the crankiness !