Mass. boy 8 accidentally shoots himself in the head

mead107

Another deflection on your part. I merely answered your post about shotguns.

Another round of your favored derogatory emoticons.

You now try to imply that I made comment on this incident with that child.

I suspect most here know your M.O. by now...

Hey man... I am sorry. No deflection. Probably poor choice calling out the venerable 20 gauge. My point again is that the child should have been "playing" with something smaller. I got no problem (and yes, I am a flaming Lib) with starting the little guys off with say a .22 on the range.

No. Not at all... Must be a misunderstanding... I am a little suprised you never heard a 20 guage being called a "lady gun."

Now... If I can just convince my wife to take up trap shooting!

<_< (oops sorry!)... <_<

Another deflection on your part. I merely answered your post about shotguns.

Another round of your favored derogatory emoticons.

You now try to imply that I made comment on this incident with that child.

I suspect most here know your M.O. by now...

Oh... What is my M.O? I am just here to "talk and shoot the sh*t"... No pun indended. I didn't think I was overbearing to begin with.

Hey man... I am sorry. No deflection. Probably poor choice calling out the venerable 20 gauge. My point again is that the child should have been "playing" with something smaller. I got no problem (and yes, I am a flaming Lib) with starting the little guys off with say a .22 on the range.

No. Not at all... Must be a misunderstanding... I am a little suprised you never heard a 20 guage being called a "lady gun."

Now... If I can just convince my wife to take up trap shooting!

:lol: (oops sorry!)... :lol:

One of my girlfriends would never shut up and I wanted to shoot her in the trap!! :wallbash:

To make them feel like a big man, duh!

Are you saying they are compensating for lack of manliness elsewhere? :lol:

why is he even at a gun show and why is he shooting an uzi . Father and the dealer should be shot .

http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=9242454

How DARE you deny this 8-year old boy his 2nd amendment rights. Everyone should carry an uzi, for personal protection, from the day they can stand and hold it. I'm thinking about giving my niece's daughter a suitcase nuke for her birthday, next year.

How DARE you deny this 8-year old boy his 2nd amendment rights. Everyone should carry an uzi, for personal protection, from the day they can stand and hold it. I'm thinking about giving my niece's daughter a suitcase nuke for her birthday, next year.

FYI, they're available in pink now. :wallbash:

When I first saw the story, I was a little stirred that it'd happened relatively close. And then, come to find out this afternoon that the child was actually from my town in northeast CT. My nephew was in the same class with him last year and played with him at recess on Friday. This is always the sort of thing that happens somewhere else... and then it hits closer to home than you could think. You have to wonder what this does to the kids to be exposed to death so early of someone they know.

This is a nephew who refused to say goodbye to my dog (whom he played with a lot) when we had to put him down earlier this summer. This is going to be a difficult and tenuous next few weeks.

I'm reading through some of the crap here and I'm just appalled at some of your comments.

But I guess this lack of decency, black humor, and flip attitudes are the times we live in. Doesn't seem that way here in town today, tho. It feels a lot like just after 9/11 when people were nice to each other (which lasted for about 4 days), said hello and asked how you're doing and really meant it.

I think the politics can wait.

When I first saw the story, I was a little stirred that it'd happened relatively close. And then, come to find out this afternoon that the child was actually from my town in northeast CT. My nephew was in the same class with him last year and played with him at recess. This is always the sort of thing that happens somewhere else... and then it hits closer to home than you could think. You have to wonder what this does to the kids to be exposed to death so early of someone they know.

This is a nephew who refused to say goodbye to my dog (whom he played with a lot) when we had to put him down earlier this summer. This is going to be a difficult and tenuous next few weeks.

I'm reading through some of the crap here and I'm just appalled at some of your comments.

But I guess this lack of decency, black humor, and flip attitudes are the times we live in. Doesn't seem that way here in town today, tho. It feels a lot like just after 9/11 when people were nice to each other (which lasted for about 4 days), said hello and asked how you're doing and really meant it.

Typical TBD joking around but not so funny when you're so close to the situation.

When I first saw the story, I was a little stirred that it'd happened relatively close. And then, come to find out this afternoon that the child was actually from my town in northeast CT. My nephew was in the same class with him last year and played with him at recess on Friday. This is always the sort of thing that happens somewhere else... and then it hits closer to home than you could think. You have to wonder what this does to the kids to be exposed to death so early of someone they know.

I think someone said that when stuff like this happen... It is sad, and as a whole people can deal with the loss. Each individual death becomes a personal tragedy. I know that is tough for each suffering that individual tragedy to take... But, the thing is to not let the whole group get bogged down by each individual tragedy.

Maybe we see things different... I don't expect the group to bare the burden of my personal tragedy.

I won't tell you how to cry... But, do not tell me I have to cry for you. People outside the individual tragedy handle loss in many ways... And a lot of people might not seem sympathetic.

Sorry... I am Truly sorry for your loss.

I think someone said that when stuff like this happen... It is sad, and as a whole people can deal with the loss. Each individual death becomes a personal tragedy. I know that is tough for each suffering that individual tragedy to take... But, the thing is to not let the whole group get bogged down by each individual tragedy.

Maybe we see things different... I don't expect the group to bare the burden of my personal tragedy.

I won't tell you how to cry... But, do not tell me I have to cry for you. People outside the individual tragedy handle loss in many ways... And a lot of people might not seem sympathetic.

Sorry... I am Truly sorry for your loss.

I didn't write that you had to cry, grieve, or feel pity. It's not technically my loss. Just, I'm an uncle to a little boy who lost one of his friends in an accident, and I live in a community that's going to be dealing with the effects (even tho it didn't happen here).

I would ask that you and everyone at least show some human decency. Some of the comments here are truly sick, "coping mechanism" or not. My mother taught me if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. Guess all those rules of how to act in society don't apply when you have anonymity and it's 'cool' w/in the medium of the Internet to make jokes, heckle, "pwn," bully, etc. Maybe you have to be forced to see it from the other perspective before you can really understand it.

I've got no problem with properly teaching an eight year old to properly and safely handle a handgun.

I suspect, however, that letting said kid shoot an Uzi at a gun show for a photo op doesn't quite meet the definition of "properly teaching". :nana: I believe in Second Amendment rights...but with rights come responsibilities, such as "Don't let eight year olds handle loaded machine pistols on their own." God, people are idiots...