Mass. boy 8 accidentally shoots himself in the head

mead107

There is nothing wrong with an 8 year old at a gun show. Kids raised around guns usually respect them and know how to handle them.

The problem is allowing an 8 year old to handle a weapon that is beyond their ability to control. That's just unacceptable.

B-):sick: Nice parenting job...and good job by the folks at the gun show cancelling the "Babys and Beretta's" exhibition shortly thereafter.

Honestly...what is the point of taking a kid to a gun show? Children are losing their innocence so early as it is these days. What was there to gain by having this kid at the show, and then to have him shoot. I just don't get it. Why?

B-):sick: Nice parenting job...and good job by the folks at the gun show cancelling the "Babys and Beretta's" exhibition shortly thereafter.

Honestly...what is the point of taking a kid to a gun show? Children are losing their innocence so early as it is these days. What was there to gain by having this kid at the show, and then to have him shoot. I just don't get it. Why?

It's his constitutional right. Having parenting skills isn't covered by the Constitution.

There is nothing wrong with an 8 year old at a gun show. Kids raised around guns usually respect them and know how to handle them.

The problem is allowing an 8 year old to handle a weapon that is beyond their ability to control. That's just unacceptable.

The child only wanted to be like his "heros"... <_< There was a time when Americans gave their best and brightest a hand axe and said: "Have at it, just don't chop down the cherry tree."

On another note:

There is a reason they call a 20 gauge shot gun a "lady gun."

Well, times are different times now... No more stereotypes... Child, ladies, whatever... Have at it! Do some even have any conception of what is acceptable?.. God knows there are no examples out there and the scales seem to be tipped way off kilter with regards to reasonability.

Now don't get me wrong this post is not intended to be against what some (children, woman, men, and whoever) can and can't do... Just saying.

<_<<_<

Why should that type of gun even be available at a gun show? What use could an average civilian ever get out of an Uzi? If you've got a handgun locked up safe to protect yourself, or a few hunting rifles that's no big deal. But could somebody tell me why Uzis are made available to the type of person that would give it to their 8 year old?

I've never heard anyone call a 20 gauge shotgun a "lady gun"... <_<<_<

You are old enough... Go figure? One of the terms I picked up early on from my grandfather and father... Obviously you don't hunt with younger teens, ladies and/or while going for the birds. Well, you are for the birds... <_<<_<

This from a quick Google search:

Home defense angle:

Model 870™ Express® Synthetic 7-Round 20 Gauge, Mag. Cap. ... MFG#81100. THIS IS A VERY GOOD HOME DEFENCE GUN FOR A LADY OR A SMALL PERSON.

Even from Wiki:

The lower recoil also makes a 20-gauge appropriate for younger shooters who may have a difficult time firing a larger shotgun.

Why should that type of gun even be available at a gun show? What use could an average civilian ever get out of an Uzi? If you've got a handgun locked up safe to protect yourself, or a few hunting rifles that's no big deal. But could somebody tell me why Uzis are made available to the type of person that would give it to their 8 year old?

Because the child needs to be indoctrinated/proselytized... Works better at an early age.

<_<<_<

You are old enough... Go figure? One of the terms I picked up early on from my grandfather and father... Obviously you don't hunt with younger teens, ladies and/or while going for the birds. Well, you are for the birds... <_<<_<

This from a quick Google search:

Home defense angle:

Model 870™ Express® Synthetic 7-Round 20 Gauge, Mag. Cap. ... MFG#81100. THIS IS A VERY GOOD HOME DEFENCE GUN FOR A LADY OR A SMALL PERSON.

Even from Wiki:

The lower recoil also makes a 20-gauge appropriate for younger shooters who may have a difficult time firing a larger shotgun.

You seemingly have no idea how powerful a 20 gauge shotshell is, how successful it has been as a sporting round for decade after decade. Recoil? We are talking about one blast against a human threat, not a sporting endeavor. Your quoting of a marketing angle, and Wiki, no less... <_<

Birds? Size? The 20K+ makers of shotguns (Benelli, Pioiti, etc) sell plenty in 28 gauge. You match the size to the game...the size, weight, fit, maneuverability, the ease of raising to battery and targeting of the shotgun to match the task at hand.

Home defense "capability"?

There isn't a pistol, or very few rifle cartridges, that can stop an intruding human threat as effectively as the energetic blast of the most mundane of .410 shotshell loads...

Few survive being plugged by any shotgun.

Here, I'll save AD the problem. What do you know about AK-47's?

Having said that I now have a question for AD. Why is it necessary for anyone to own an AK-47?

Here, I'll save AD the problem. What do you know about AK-47's?

Having said that I now have a question for AD. Why is it necessary for anyone to own an AK-47?

Why is it necessary for police forces all across the States to be armed with full-automatic M-16s, rapid-fire assault shotguns, 15-shot automatic pistols, tasers, and wear military badges like General's stars and Colonel's eagles ?

Why is it necessary for police forces all across the States to be armed with full-automatic M-16s and wear military badges like General's stars and Colonel's eagles?

Because they are Police Forces and not citizens. They need those guns because it's so easy to get an AK-47.

You seemingly have no idea how powerful a 20 gauge shotshell is, how successful it has been as a sporting round for decade after decade. Recoil? We are talking about one blast against a human threat, not a sporting endeavor. Your quoting of a marking angle, and Wiki, no less... <_<

Birds? Size? The 20K+ makers of shotguns sell plenty in 28 gauge. You match the size to the game...the size, weight, fit, maneuverability, the ease of raising to battery and targeting of the shotgun to match the task at hand.

Home defense "capability"?

There isn't a pistol, or very few rifle cartridges, that can stop an intruding human threat as effectively as the energetic blast of the most mundane of .410 shotshell loads...

Few survive being plugged by any shotgun.

Simmer down there Sparky... I am not arguing anything about how much damge can be done... That is a no brainer! <_<<_<

Take a Valium and read my post and the link about the incident... What parked in front Howdy Doody while sick from school when reading comp was taught?... ;);):nana:

The child was killed by the recoil of the Uzi that forced the weapon to fire towards his head. My point is they even have 8 years jumping right into an Uzi... Now, I don't condone an 8 year old using a 20 gauge... But, my point agin is that at a certain age (most likely when children are in their early teens) ONE starts out Small... And as recoil on a shotgun goes... 20 is small... Or maybe have the tikes start with 22's.

Cincy= <_<

Simmer down there Sparky... I am not arguing anything about how much damge can be done... That is a no brainer! <_<<_<

Take a Valium and read my post and the link about the incident... What parked in front Howdy Doody while sick from school when reading comp was taught?... :nana:;)<_<

The child was killed by the recoil of the Uzi that forced the weapon to fire towards his head. My point is they even have 8 years jumping right into an Uzi... Now, I don't condone an 8 year old using a 20 gauge... But, my point agin is that at a certain age (most likely when children are in their early teens) ONE starts out Small... And as recoil on a shotgun goes... 20 is small... Or maybe have the tikes start with 22's.

Cincy= <_<

Another deflection on your part. I merely answered your post about shotguns.

Another round of your favored derogatory emoticons.

You now try to imply that I made comment on this incident with that child.

I suspect most here know your M.O. by now...