With McGee Sucking Where is the Safety Help?

Many people have noticed how Pennington can basically throw a softball to Ginn or someone else and they would be open. McGee gets a pass, it's just that easy, he's playing injured and shouldn't have played. I've played on a bad knee and it takes 3 days after you play on it just to have your muscles relax. It shows how little faith they have in McKelvin, but then again he too is a rookie, so again a pass.

Where is the safety play? The role of the safeties are to break up plays and help provide protection for CBs. Scott's job the past 2 games have been serviceable. Simpson has been horrible and his hawking abilities in the secondary leave a lot to be desired, and Whitner is not a ball-hawk in the secondary and never was.

Scott looked above average against Gates, and the TE this game didn't have much of a role, which may be because of Scott, but what did Simpson or Whitner do today? Whitner got torched, and torched often. He was playing off the receivers so much you wasn't even in the screen, and in the replays you could see him running up, or in the case of Ginn's big run, getting torched.

We need real safeties that are ball-hawks. Ever notice why having a great safety who makes plays on passes makes game changing plays? Atogwe, Reed, Polamulu, Griffin, Dawkins 2 years ago, and others. We need some play out there in the secondary to protect getting killed by the pass. CBs have to play WR, but ball-hawking safeties make the game that much harder to throw up 70-75% completion rates like Warner, Pennington, and Rivers did to us. It's our weakness, and I don't see us fixing it soon.

BTW, it never makes sense to invest so much money in a S in the top 10 picks. Other than Sean Taylor, who is dead, was there anyone who lived up to the billing? LaRon Landry, Whitner, Williams, Huff, et al. just aren't worth picking there. I haven't seen a safety drafted that high live up to the billing. Usually they are diamonds in the ruff in the 2nd round, or late 1sts.

Many people have noticed how Pennington can basically throw a softball to Ginn or someone else and they would be open. McGee gets a pass, it's just that easy, he's playing injured and shouldn't have played. I've played on a bad knee and it takes 3 days after you play on it just to have your muscles relax. It shows how little faith they have in McKelvin, but then again he too is a rookie, so again a pass.

Where is the safety play? The role of the safeties are to break up plays and help provide protection for CBs. Scott's job the past 2 games have been serviceable. Simpson has been horrible and his hawking abilities in the secondary leave a lot to be desired, and Whitner is not a ball-hawk in the secondary and never was.

Scott looked above average against Gates, and the TE this game didn't have much of a role, which may be because of Scott, but what did Simpson or Whitner do today? Whitner got torched, and torched often. He was playing off the receivers so much you wasn't even in the screen, and in the replays you could see him running up, or in the case of Ginn's big run, getting torched.

We need real safeties that are ball-hawks. Ever notice why having a great safety who makes plays on passes makes game changing plays? Atogwe, Reed, Polamulu, Griffin, Dawkins 2 years ago, and others. We need some play out there in the secondary to protect getting killed by the pass. CBs have to play WR, but ball-hawking safeties make the game that much harder to throw up 70-75% completion rates like Warner, Pennington, and Rivers did to us. It's our weakness, and I don't see us fixing it soon.

BTW, it never makes sense to invest so much money in a S in the top 10 picks. Other than Sean Taylor, who is dead, was there anyone who lived up to the billing? LaRon Landry, Whitner, Williams, Huff, et al. just aren't worth picking there. I haven't seen a safety drafted that high live up to the billing. Usually they are diamonds in the ruff in the 2nd round, or late 1sts.How retarted are they.Mcgee should have been on the bench.Greer should have been on Ginn.Shame on Perry Fewell for allowing the phins to continually toss the ball to Ginn.By the way BLITZING MCGEE would have been much more sucessfull than using him in coverage.If he cant cover Ginn than whats the difference.BLITZ the coners that cant cover. :sick: