It is the Lines

FGD

While I agree with anyone who says the lack of 1ST down passing was a factor. I don't buy the criticism of Edards.

IMHO It is really about the lines. Lynch and Jackson are the best tandem since Thomas and Davis. In fact I think you could argue they are better in terms of their physical play, but it is clear the offensive line doesn't give them a chance to dominate as they should. Not enough push and the O-Line cannot get low enough they get stuffed, turned sideways and stood up. Edwards us great, but the lie needed to be better,

Our D-Ends are simply not up to the task, They look like kids reaching over a candy counter. The fault is not theirs, but mabnagement's for banking on them. Denny/Kelsey et al are trying thier best, but they are not up to the task and they have had more than enough games for management to to reach that conclusion.

Can the Bills do anything now? No, but they sure as hell better understand why they cannot run the ball with the twin beast backfield and understand their sh-- pass rush.

The sky is not falling, but I can see it from here

Intersting how during the game they showed that stat about the Bills having the tallest line in the NFL. Maybe there's a connection between that and getting low! :thumbsup:

While I agree with anyone who says the lack of 1ST down passing was a factor. I don't buy the criticism of Edards.

Not enough push and the O-Line cannot get low enough they get stuffed, turned sideways and stood up.

IMHO It is really about the lines. Lynch and Jackson are the best tandem since Thomas and Davis. In fact I think you could argue they are better in terms of their physical play, but it is clear the offensive line doesn't give them a chance to dominate as they should. Not enough push and the O-Line cannot get low enough they get stuffed, turned sideways and stood up. Edwards us great, but the lie needed to be better,

Our D-Ends are simply not up to the task, They look like kids reaching over a candy counter. The fault is not theirs, but mabnagement's for banking on them. Denny/Kelsey et al are trying thier best, but they are not up to the task and they have had more than enough games for management to to reach that conclusion.

Can the Bills do anything now? No, but they sure as hell better understand why they cannot run the ball with the twin beast backfield and understand their sh-- pass rush.

It IS the lines. No doubt. That was obvious since week 2.-Best we can do is hope the coaches can work around the weaknesses and trent has a good enough year so we can squeak into the playoffs.

Intersting how during the game they showed that stat about the Bills having the tallest line in the NFL. Maybe there's a connection between that and getting low! :thumbsup:

generally taller, heavier Olinemen are considered better pass blockers as they can use their long arms, and bulk to keep defenders at bay. smaller lines are considered better run blockers because they are low and nimble, and can get upfield better ... the taller, heavier pass blockers are more stationary.