McCain's last hurrah?

Even though I strongly support Obama I'm surprised how mediocre McCain was on Meet the Press. I think he's far from giving up but McCain looked tired, frustrated and unprepared for the closing argument.

Couple polls today show he's cut huge chunks out of Obama's lead in the last few days. From 9-10 to 5%.

He may be making headway with the economic issues. As a still-undecided independent, I'm closer to voting for him now than I was after he picked Palin.

Couple polls today show he's cut huge chunks out of Obama's lead in the last few days. From 9-10 to 5%.

He may be making headway with the economic issues. As a still-undecided independent, I'm closer to voting for him now than I was after he picked Palin.

"Headway" and "Huge chunks" sound awfully optimistic. Most polls have it 7-9% and almost all "gains" have McCain going from 38% or 41% to 42% and 44% -- while Obama has stayed steady over 50%. Most of the movement appears to be McCain leaners finally (and begrudgingly) moving to him.

there's very little indication that he's closing at all. The RCP Average, which is pretty much the standard that's quoted, has been steady at +6-8% for Obama for the past week or so. The real issue are the electoral votes in the battleground states, which every single Republican analyst, pundit, and consultant says McCain pretty much needs to sweep, and there's literally nothing that shows he can do that.

But remember the Palin choice showed poor judgment and so di dthe way he jumped into the rescue package. Rethink that vote I really think he has no management capabilities and given his age/health likely Sarah will be fulfilling his term.

But remember the Palin choice showed poor judgment and so di dthe way he jumped into the rescue package. Rethink that vote I really think he has no management capabilities and given his age/health likely Sarah will be fulfilling his term.

Dude, I don't think the death argument works.

In addition, Obama stands for almost nothing I believe in; McCain stands for a few things I believe in.

And Palin is a !@#$ing joke.