The Other Shoe Is About To Fall

Oh okay, blame the Dems... Typical Republican. The Dems said go in and make loans if they are credit worthy, stop redlining, do your job.

I'm a republican? Sorry but I'm not a revisionist either. The dems had Freddie and Fannie redefine credit worthy. The pushed the whole home ownership is a right...even for the poor. We have to figure out how to make the American Dream available for all. And Freddie and Fannie said...OK.

I'm a republican? Sorry but I'm not a revisionist either. The dems had Freddie and Fannie redefine credit worthy. The pushed the whole home ownership is a right...even for the poor. We have to figure out how to make the American Dream available for all. And Freddie and Fannie said...OK.

And I suppose the rating agencies gave all those subprime mortgage securities AAA ratings just to help out those poor minorities?

However many of the foreclosures I am seeing around here are mostly in the "high educated" wanting more than they can afford, fresh out of college, new cars and 600K house.

Sure, don't doubt that. But he was implying the creditors (banks) rated the securities AAA, when, in fact, it was the agencies that did the rating. For a fee, of course. And never botehred to look at the underlying mortgages or even question them.

Sure, don't doubt that. But he was implying the creditors (banks) rated the securities AAA, when, in fact, it was the agencies that did the rating. For a fee, of course. And never botehred to look at the underlying mortgages or even question them.

Look at the mortgages? Why bother? They're guaranteed by Fannie and Freddie...